[Amazon.ca] Aukey dual dash cam. $90

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2020 7:09 pm
[OP]
Jul 13, 2020
13 posts
28 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Aukey dual dash cam. $90

This is the lowest price (I've ever seen).
I bought this last month for $99.99. Works perfectly fine.
Worry it for dual dash cam

Link to the previous thread
amazon-ca-aukey-dr03-1080p-dual-dash-cams-2389385/
Last edited by Manver on Aug 20th, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Jul 18, 2019
133 posts
297 upvotes
North York ON
Aukey needs to be banned from this forum. Not saying op is astroturfing but the company definitely does.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1645 posts
3366 upvotes
pretty good price. bought one from my cousin last year and havent heard complaints. bought 3 of the older model and they work fine. Could use a bit of reduction in night time glare but overall does what it's suppose to. Customer service is great too.
Apr 8, 2005
678 posts
200 upvotes
Can you view the rear camera images/video on the units display screen. For example, when reversing, can you change from the front view?
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1971 posts
729 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Keith1411 wrote: Aukey needs to be banned from this forum. Not saying op is astroturfing but the company definitely does.
can you expand on this?
Jul 21, 2013
722 posts
392 upvotes
Calgary
Keith1411 wrote: Aukey needs to be banned from this forum. Not saying op is astroturfing but the company definitely does.
Except they make fine products.
[OP]
Jul 13, 2020
13 posts
28 upvotes
karlsberg wrote: Can you view the rear camera images/video on the units display screen. For example, when reversing, can you change from the front view?
Yes, you can. But it's a small screen to be used as a rear view camera.
Nov 23, 2004
551 posts
846 upvotes
Ontario
flyingnurse wrote: can you expand on this?
Keith1411 wrote: Yes astroturfing as in they send emails to customers to promote their products in exchange for discounts and free stuff. If you leave a bad review for a purchase on Amazon, you will get emails from them asking to "reconsider" your review in exchange for free product. I don't recall if Aukey uses a local marketing firm to handle this but some companies with a large enough budget definitely do.
One step further than just Aukey paying people to post five star Amazon reviews, both Anker and Aukey actually pay people money to shill them on RFD specifically.

This has come up a bunch recently in other threads so I'll share what I've shared in those too. I've gotten endless emails from Anker, Aukey, Soundpeats and a few other scummy chinese companies. All have offered me money to post on RFD, and have offered money to give five star Amazon reviews.

Why do I get them? After chatting with an admin here at RFD, he pointed out that my RFD name makes it easy to predict my email, and that these companies just skim the RFD username database, add common email domains to the usernames, email them, and see who bites. Valuable lesson to not make your usernames online similar to your email because I'm sure a LOT of spammers do this too, which might explain the spam waves I seem to go through when few people have ever been given this email.

Most forums will boot any mention of companies who do this behavior and maintain a public blacklist. For some reason RFD will not do this. I long suspect it's because they get a kickback from Amazon links posted here from Amazon's referral program, so even if the links are posted with bad intentions or dirty fashions, why turn down profit I guess.

These companies are scum, and you should always assume most mentions of them here are probably paid shills who have mature enough RFD accounts that they are attractive to these companies to try and reach.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34149 posts
3887 upvotes
Winnipeg
^there are sellers on amazon/ebay/whatever who would give away free product or discounts for positive review but i have been using the DR03 and been working well so far.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3611 posts
1917 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: One step further than just Aukey paying people to post five star Amazon reviews, both Anker and Aukey actually pay people money to shill them on RFD specifically.

This has come up a bunch recently in other threads so I'll share what I've shared in those too. I've gotten endless emails from Anker, Aukey, Soundpeats and a few other scummy chinese companies. All have offered me money to post on RFD, and have offered money to give five star Amazon reviews.
First I've heard about people posting paid RFD reviews. Pretty low if true, but I guess it's not much different than paid/compensated amazon reviews or Canadian Tire's "Tested for Life in Canada" program.

Want good reviews on your product? How about make a quality item at a reasonable price. Stop trying to use deception and trickery to boost your bottom line.
Dec 1, 2007
714 posts
120 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
I can confirm Aukey will ‘refund’ people for 5* reviews. Doesn’t mean the products aren’t okay but reality is that the star ratings on ANY amazon products should be taken with a heavy dose of skepticism.
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1287 posts
1180 upvotes
Hongcouver
honestly don't know about how they advertise and get free 5 stars reviews, but both Aukey and Anker makes solid products for a very economical prices.

I will probably get bashed for saying this, but these are deal forums, and I personally welcome any type of deal... I don't understand the bitterness on how a company conducts their businesses....... if the product is in fact junk and people are paid to sweeten them up then I understand. I have many many Anker and Aukey products at my house running just fine...

Bad ethics for sure, but I am here to look for deals, not to cleanse my moral compass....... just my 2 cent......

P.S: I was a reviewer for Anker a few years ago... they never asked me to give them perfect stars or good reviews......
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old