Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY Dual Dash Cameras, 1080P HD Front and Rear Camera, 6-Lane 170° Wide-angle $134.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2018 9:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9160 posts
10539 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY Dual Dash Cameras, 1080P HD Front and Rear Camera, 6-Lane 170° Wide-angle $134.99

Lowest price seen $134.99 (previous low $150)

Dont forget your favorite cashback site

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075VRXRD6

Save 25% each on AUKEY DR02D Dual Dash Cameras offered by Aukey Direct when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code AUKDR02D at checkout.

Features
Clear Video Capture: The DR02 D is a complete front and rear dash camera system that backs you up in any road incident. Sony Exmor Sensors in both cameras capture super-sharp 1080p video (accompanied by optional in-car audio) and perform well for nighttime driving

Full Six-Lane View: The wide-angle lenses cover more, capturing crucial peripheral action. 170° front and 152° rear fields of view monitor vehicle movements and other activity in front, behind, and even towards the sides

Emergency Recording & Loop Recording: Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage. Connect to the AUKEY GM-32 GPS Antenna (sold separately) to embed location & speed data for trip tracking and greater protection

Extreme Temperature Operation: Powered by the included dual-port USB car charger and internal supercapacitor. These cameras use a supercapacitor for greater heat & cold endurance (-30°C – 75°C / -22°F – 167°F) and longer lifetime than cameras with standard battery technology

Package Contents: Dual Dash Cameras (front and rear camera), Dual-Port USB Car Charger, 4m / 13ft USB Mini-B Cable, 6m / 20ft USB Mini-B Cable, Two Sticker Mounts, Six 3M Stickers, Six Cable Clips, 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty Card
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 27th, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: missing retailer
68 replies
Apr 8, 2013
373 posts
187 upvotes
Ottawa
Good deal at $130 for a nice camera, but I see $180 now on Amazon. Am I missing something? I’d like to purchase for the wife’s vehicle.
Beauty, eh?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35645 posts
21732 upvotes
Center of Universe
Is the deal dead, as I'm also seeing $179.99?

Edit: code works :)
Last edited by vkizzle on Feb 27th, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 8, 2013
373 posts
187 upvotes
Ottawa
Wizard1 wrote: There's a coupon code. Enter code AUKDR02D at checkout.
Got it to apply, wouldn’t work with free shipping, had to select 2 day in order for it to work. Thanks op!
Beauty, eh?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1479 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
Am I better off getting this or waiting for the MiVue 480D to go on sale again at best buy?
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1196 posts
974 upvotes
Vancouver
takeoff1212 wrote: Got it to apply, wouldn’t work with free shipping, had to select 2 day in order for it to work. Thanks op!
I was able to select free shipping.
Sep 14, 2015
52 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks, I was waiting for this to come up again!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1838 posts
167 upvotes
Thanks OP! Anyone ever had to reuse the dashcam on a new car? I'm considering installing this but if I ever want to sell my car I'd like to remove it and reuse it. Is it worth reusing or better off just buying new (these deals are hard to come by)
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2787 upvotes
This is the DR-02 "D" model, with rear cam included.

The DR-02 base model was on sale recently and discussed in these RFD threads:
amazon-ca-aukey-dash-cam-sale-again-2165778/
amazon-com-aukey-1080p-dash-cam-dr02-50 ... s-2166133/

There is also a DR-02 "J" model now, with a different sensor that supports 4K video: https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Wide-Angle- ... B078XBDNCJ

The GPS antenna is optional at extra cost for all of them: https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Antenna-Da ... B072BPP411 (U.S., not available on Amazon.ca)

Aukey's regular Canadian prices for dashcams are sometimes way out of line with their U.S. prices. For example on Amazon.com the base DR-02 has been US$69 regular price for several months, but remains at C$119 regular price on Amazon.ca.

The DR-02 is a decent dashcam. It uses the common Sony Exmor IMX322 1080p sensor and NT96655 CPU. Day and night image quality is good. The "170 deg" lens actually produces about a 140 deg image, but that's about ideal for a front dashcam. It has a supercapacitor rather than a battery - good for temperature extremes, but means that it turns off immediately if disconnected from the power supply. Tiny screen and controls are difficult to use, but you shouldn't have to touch it much once it's installed. Does not have an effective parking mode. Installs on the windshield with a 2-sided sticky pad, hopefully behind the mirror, and it has a nice long cord to reach the cigarette lighter. A permanent power kit is optional, but keep in mind how awkward it is to reach those tiny controls with the camera mounted behind the mirror if you wanted to turn it on and off.

I just leave mine in the Motion Detect mode. That way it starts recording automatically whenever the car is in motion, and it also works when parked without me having to touch the awkward controls. I can just turn it on and off by plugging and unplugging the power cord at the cigarette lighter. The Motion Detect mode is quite sensitive: it will trigger on people passing in front of your car, or bushes and tree branches waving in the breeze. If the car is in the garage in near complete darkness, the image noise with the sensitivity turned up to maximum is enough to trigger constant spurious motion detection.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1018 posts
271 upvotes
Montreal
Youtuber techmoan did a video on this recently

HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Apr 10, 2006
416 posts
220 upvotes
Can these be mounted via suction mount? I don't like sticking anything semi-permanently in the car.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2450 posts
913 upvotes
North York
i guess it's 30fps or it would be advertising 60fps.
Sep 14, 2015
52 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
promo code has stopped working.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2060 posts
189 upvotes
I have this camera overall pretty happy with it...
They don't sell the gps here though.. Face With Medical Mask
Too bad no 4K modle...
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9160 posts
10539 upvotes
vanpatrick81 wrote: Can these be mounted via suction mount? I don't like sticking anything semi-permanently in the car.
The trick I use..... Get any random obsolete screen protector mount that onto your windshield and the other side to your dvr. The glass screen protector will cover enough surface area to provide strong adherence, even though the adhesive itself isn't particularly strong. This allows easy removal any time with little to no residue
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35645 posts
21732 upvotes
Center of Universe
Questionz wrote: Thanks OP! Anyone ever had to reuse the dashcam on a new car? I'm considering installing this but if I ever want to sell my car I'd like to remove it and reuse it. Is it worth reusing or better off just buying new (these deals are hard to come by)
What do you mean re-use?
It's mounted by an adheseive that can be removed and a new one added.
Jan 22, 2017
144 posts
53 upvotes
Thanks OP. Finally bought a dashcam after a long delay. We would've had evidence last year and could've avoided a 50/50 fault if only I did not procastinate.

I was waiting for another deal on an A119/s v2 but this seems better as per the guys who tested both on this forum.

Bought the Aukey and a 32gb Sandisk High endurance for $166 shipped.