Feb 23, 2021
141 posts
398 upvotes
lasalle

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY EP-T21S True Wireless Earbuds for $24.79

38% off with promo code MZOZ2XX7
Enter code MZOZ2XX7 at checkout.

About this item
  • High Fidelity Audio: 10 mm enhanced dynamic drivers deliver rich, clean sound. MEMS microphone technology allows you to make clearer calls;
  • USB-C Quick Charge: The earbuds alone provide up to 5 hours of energetic sound output on a 1.5-hour quick charge. The included charging case charges the earbuds up to 5 times, supporting an additional 25 hours of use, and keeps the earbuds safe & secure;
  • Convenient Touch Control: Effortlessly manage audio playback & calls with the multi-function touch button and mic on each earbud. The earbuds can even be used alone like a Bluetooth headset;
  • One-Step Connection: Simply open the charging case and they will automatically connect to your phone (after being paired the first time). Stable, efficient wireless connection with Bluetooth 5 and a specialized antenna for solid signal that resists interference;
  • Package Contents: AUKEY EP-T21S True Wireless Earbuds, Charging Case, Three Pairs of Ear-Tips (S/M/L), USB-C Cable, User Manual, Quick Start Guide.
Images
  • 61TvqAhH19L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Thread Summary
To check out more options, head over to RFD Reviews' top picks for wireless earbuds!
59 replies
Mar 18, 2005
416 posts
374 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Can anyone chime in on how fake and/or paid this post is? I’m looking for a cheap pair of headphones for under-the helmet use for mostly GPS, but also some music, when riding the motorcycle (hopefully in a few weeks).

I own AirPods 2, but they don’t stay in my ears since it doesn’t have the rubber piece that “secures” in your ear like this. Don’t want to spend money on AirPods Pro, which I can potentially lose in a sewer/drain when removing the helmet. I have thought of superpods pro/black pods pro, but they’re still $70+...
Feb 16, 2010
786 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
J-Money wrote: Can anyone chime in on how fake and/or paid this post is? I’m looking for a cheap pair of headphones for under-the helmet use for mostly GPS, but also some music, when riding the motorcycle (hopefully in a few weeks).

I own AirPods 2, but they don’t stay in my ears since it doesn’t have the rubber piece that “secures” in your ear like this. Don’t want to spend money on AirPods Pro, which I can potentially lose in a sewer/drain when removing the helmet. I have thought of superpods pro/black pods pro, but they’re still $70+...
I own these and like them. I don't use these daily, but they have been reliable. Good battery life. The sound is half-decent. I did see a lot of complaints about these not fitting in the ears properly, but they actually feel very comfortable and snug in my ears. I would say that these are a solid buy if you are not an audiophile.
Nov 23, 2004
778 posts
1376 upvotes
Ontario
J-Money wrote: Can anyone chime in on how fake and/or paid this post is?
VERY. Watch Aukey posts here very closely - 75% of them come from accounts with well under 100 posts, usually with well under 50... We know as of very recently that Aukey still offers users something stupid like $5 to post deals here, so assume all of their deals here aren't legitimately posted and then watch for the ones that are based on the user's history lol I occasionally get the emails with the $5 RFD post offer too, so I can confirm first hand.

All the reviews on this product on Amazon are fake as shit too. I'll spare you the details why, but am happy to elaborate that statement if it doesn't jump out when looking at them.
Jan 12, 2011
107 posts
87 upvotes
Sainte-Thérèse
I haven't tried these but I bought the Aukey mechanical keyboard that was posted on RFD about a month or two ago and I'm very happy with my purchase. Solid product for a great price. I already have earbuds but temped to grab those as well at that price ^_^
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18381 posts
20958 upvotes
Everyone and their uncle are churning out devices.

It's now time to lean on quality and see what's what.

There's a local auto parts place that's selling these devices for $9.99, same concept bluetooth dual earbuds with knockoff charging case (no name brand). We're in peak wireless earbuds mode in 2021.

Swim through the garbage to find quality.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3632 posts
845 upvotes
+1 OP ordered In a matter of seconds. I hope they work well for conferences.
Total
CDN$ 24.79
Cant complain, no HST either
Banned
Feb 11, 2021
17 posts
74 upvotes
can each earbud pair on it's own? or you need both of them in your ears?
Dec 25, 2007
469 posts
333 upvotes
CALGARY
I have these and they are ok at best. For the price they are good I guess. Sound quality is passable - not what I would rate good.
Nice for podcasts. Mic is probably about the same as your phone on speaker. They don't really impress in any category other than water resistance.
One side of them stopped pairing after a few weeks but they sent me a replacement pretty quickly. They make for decent beater headphones but don't expect much.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1494 posts
348 upvotes
hexhex wrote: can each earbud pair on it's own? or you need both of them in your ears?
+1
Anyone can help with this?
Jan 4, 2010
44 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
These are actually basically the same as the QCY T5 which gets quite a nice review on scarbir QCY T5 Review

The difference is "Rather have a voice assistant on your earbuds than a gaming mode? The Aukey T21 is a QCY T5 rebadge with that single change."

The Dudios Tic mentioned above have the same gaming mode as the QCY T5, if you prefer that.
Mar 18, 2005
416 posts
374 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
kmac5 wrote: These are actually basically the same as the QCY T5 which gets quite a nice review on scarbir QCY T5 Review

The difference is "Rather have a voice assistant on your earbuds than a gaming mode? The Aukey T21 is a QCY T5 rebadge with that single change."

The Dudios Tic mentioned above have the same gaming mode as the QCY T5, if you prefer that.
What exactly does the “gaming mode” do? Less latency?
Jan 4, 2010
44 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
J-Money wrote: What exactly does the “gaming mode” do? Less latency?
Yes, at the cost of some sound quality. It is described in the review I linked.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3447 posts
4886 upvotes
BC
J-Money wrote: Can anyone chime in on how fake and/or paid this post is? I’m looking for a cheap pair of headphones for under-the helmet use for mostly GPS, but also some music, when riding the motorcycle (hopefully in a few weeks).

I'm skeptical, OP has posted deals for yi, Anker, and aukey within a week of creating their account.

I put these foam tips on my airpods and they help a bit with staying in the ears. I tried silicone covers but the case wouldn't shut properly. Can get them off Amazon or AliExpress if you don't mind waiting.

You could also get the band that connects the airpods together behind your neck so if they do fall out they're not gone forever. Ive seen dollarama sell a pack that comes with a silicone case, tips, and the band thing
Last edited by peakingduck on Mar 2nd, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 15, 2020
933 posts
1873 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: VERY. Watch Aukey posts here very closely - 75% of them come from accounts with well under 100 posts, usually with well under 50... We know as of very recently that Aukey still offers users something stupid like $5 to post deals here, so assume all of their deals here aren't legitimately posted and then watch for the ones that are based on the user's history lol I occasionally get the emails with the $5 RFD post offer too, so I can confirm first hand.

All the reviews on this product on Amazon are fake as shit too. I'll spare you the details why, but am happy to elaborate that statement if it doesn't jump out when looking at them.
I posted an Aukey deal a while ago but never knew the situation with them. I just thought it was a decent deal, never got any promos/incentives
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
May 17, 2007
707 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
These are very hit or miss. You get what you pay for. The pair I got depending on what device I am connected to either work fine, mute randomly or the volume is turned up to the max.
Sep 1, 2015
781 posts
922 upvotes
aomous wrote: I posted an Aukey deal a while ago but never knew the situation with them. I just thought it was a decent deal, never got any promos/incentives
Almost every product category is brigaded by paid reviewers and shills. How it works is, they are given money or free items to post 5 star reviews or shill on websites and forums. You have to watch for the pattern. I remember even american sister sites, a thread about a tool would have someone with low to no posts come in and say 'why not buy from X,Y,Z it is cheaper and similar similar quality'.

Not to say this is what OP has done. But it is something even the well known cheap brands are doing. They even get around the verified purchase tag by refunding once they see your 5 star review etc. It's why I no longer trust any of that. But that's where we're at now.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11681 posts
3074 upvotes

I would say it's a shill post... New member, mostly aukey, anker etc deals and a coupon code to get the sale price.

however, I will also say, I have aukey earbuds, and like them for the price. I also have a style of Dudios similar to the ones posted just above as well, and like them, same essentially. For the price the sound quality and the quality in general are very good. I still have a pair going strong from 2 years ago.

I have posted deals before and have been accused of shill etc, and mine did not have a coupon code, it was the lightning deal etc and as you can see I have more than enough posts and been here for a long while...

I find these style of ear buys stay in well, I like them typically but have the Jabra 65T elites and they are my go to now.

FYI, last week I posted a deal on a set of Dudios, that I DO personally own, I paid $44.99 when they had a $4 coupon, now it's $20. My post was removed because the seller, though shipped by Amazon, did not have 1000+ rating, so it was reported and removed. It wasn't a shill, I have owned them since the new year and love them, they fit well, a little smaller than the longer style, etc. the post had a lot of likes before being removed, but I honestly hesitated posting as I worried about being accused of being a shill. When I see members with a lot of posts, and having been here for a long time, sharing deals of different types and honest reviews on quality and price, I take it as bond....

The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.