Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY Fast Wireless Charger with 10W 7.5W 5W Output Levels | $13.99 (all-time low)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2021 9:34 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1189 posts
3094 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY Fast Wireless Charger with 10W 7.5W 5W Output Levels | $13.99 (all-time low)

Comes to $13.99 after a $3 clip-on, the lowest price for this specific product.

https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Wireless-Qi ... B07G5CRNK8

We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5640 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto
What's the max wattage charging for an iPhone X?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9994 posts
2638 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Three heat levels to kill your phone's battery: 5W, 7.5W and 10W.

Wireless charging is highly inefficient, if plugging in a Type-C cable is too much trouble, get those magnetic adapters/cable that snaps in place.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2957 posts
2492 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: What's the max wattage charging for an iPhone X?
7.5W

"Wirelessly fast charges your Qi-compatible Android phone at up to 10W, or iPhone (iPhone 8 and above) at up to 7.5W (iOS version < 13.1)."
from https://www.aukey.com/products/10w-wireless-charger

"There are many Qi-certified chargers available in the market that charge an iPhone with the latest version of iOS at rates up to 7.5 watts."
from https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208078
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5640 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: 7.5W

"Wirelessly fast charges your Qi-compatible Android phone at up to 10W, or iPhone (iPhone 8 and above) at up to 7.5W (iOS version < 13.1)."
from https://www.aukey.com/products/10w-wireless-charger

"There are many Qi-certified chargers available in the market that charge an iPhone with the latest version of iOS at rates up to 7.5 watts."
from https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208078
Sorry i meant for the iPhone X itself, not related to this product, is 7.5 the max? Or is it capable of getting charged faster?
Nov 23, 2018
420 posts
509 upvotes
Underground Bunker
Daijoubu wrote: Three heat levels to kill your phone's battery: 5W, 7.5W and 10W.

Wireless charging is highly inefficient, if plugging in a Type-C cable is too much trouble, get those magnetic adapters/cable that snaps in place.
I have been using my wireless charger pad for my s10 for 1.5 years and the battery feels the same as it did in the first day.
Jan 22, 2021
74 posts
31 upvotes
Ghost505 wrote: I have been using my wireless charger pad for my s10 for 1.5 years and the battery feels the same as it did in the first day.
The same here. I used old 5 Watt charger with Samsung S8 more then 3 years. The battery level is about 85% now. The phone is still usable for whole day.

Now I use Pixel 4XL for a year and its battery is like new (98%).
Feb 18, 2007
916 posts
1119 upvotes
Vancouver
Daijoubu wrote: Three heat levels to kill your phone's battery: 5W, 7.5W and 10W.

I've plugged my phone exactly 0 times since I bought it thanks to wireless charging

Very efficient for me

Plugging a cable in and out just wears the charge port out
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2904 posts
668 upvotes
Toronto
Ghost505 wrote: I have been using my wireless charger pad for my s10 for 1.5 years and the battery feels the same as it did in the first day.
I got the s9 when the s10 launched. I've been usb c fast charging it minimum once a day for the 1.75 years I've had it and my battery is toast. Hoping to replace it when stores open back up in spring.

I would argue that it's not the method (usb c vs qi) that causes degradation, I think it's the speed at which you're charging.
Nov 23, 2018
420 posts
509 upvotes
Underground Bunker
Super_Chicken wrote: I got the s9 when the s10 launched. I've been usb c fast charging it minimum once a day for the 1.75 years I've had it and my battery is toast. Hoping to replace it when stores open back up in spring.

I would argue that it's not the method (usb c vs qi) that causes degradation, I think it's the speed at which you're charging.
Yes, and the phone is supposed to slow down the charging when it becomes too hot. I always left my phone on fast charging on the Q3.0 charger.
Jan 10, 2020
111 posts
178 upvotes
Waterloo

is this true? wireless charging is bad for your battery?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5640 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto
danascully wrote: I've plugged my phone exactly 0 times since I bought it thanks to wireless charging

Very efficient for me

Plugging a cable in and out just wears the charge port out
Why do you care about wearing the charge port out when you don't even use the charge port?
Aug 1, 2016
315 posts
509 upvotes

This is false info lmao.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5640 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto
twinturborx wrote: is this true? wireless charging is bad for your battery?
Nah not really.. Unless the charger gets really hot or whatever.

But wireless is super slow and not efficient, so i hate it
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9994 posts
2638 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Wireless charging is at best 70% efficient, so if it charges at 10W, about 15W is being used and 5W is wasted as heat.

It's true that if you use a cable and fast charging, that would also deteriorate the battery faster.
I use regular charge rate and keep my phone between 40-80% to prolong battery life.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1189 posts
3094 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tvt_t wrote: I also see this one with a stand for $14.99 after coupon
https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Wireless-Ch ... 588&sr=8-4
You should post the deal.
That looks pretty darn nice for a standing wireless charger IMO and the price is sweet too. Though they may not necessarily work with a phone like 12 pro max (I'm now using a lie-flat wireless charger because of that issue)

As for people arguing about battery life degradation - charging speed, charge cycles are charge prior to charging are amongst the many reasons why batteries wear out.
Wireless charging isn't as efficient as wired charging? Yes, but it's slow enough that it won't degrade batteries any faster than wired charging if that.
Is there heat generated during charging? Yes, you cannot escape that irrespective of the charging method you use.
Does it matter? Not really, depends on your particular use case or if you own a galaxy s7.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\