Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Aukey Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Customizable RGB Backlight $45.49 (after coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 1:23 am
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1747 posts
1095 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
ScottF391 wrote: Corsair K68 Keyboard great but $140 its waterproof saved my ass 5 times already my last 2 mach keyboard even a few drips killed them
Thats odd. These days you can put keyboards in the dishwasher and theyll be fine.
Oct 19, 2019
398 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
VietTran wrote: Ordered this yesterday and typing this message on it as we speak. I don't have prime so I was surprised it came in 1 day from time of ordering. The keys are quite loud (definitely annoying if you share an office) but they feel really nice. I'm looking forward to gaming with this later after work :). Keyboard feels fairly compact even though it's a full keyboard. RGB lights aren't too bright either which is nice. It fits nicely with my case fan RGB. Overall, hard to go wrong at $45 all in. I guess if there was the one with the quieter switches, I'd likely prefer to get that but no complaints here. Just hope my teammates don't hear it too much over the mic when I play.
Don't worry they will start complaining how loud you type soon, lol. Also, if you really want to buy a mech key for gaming then red is more preferable (especially for fps and moba games). Not a bad price for an entry mech keyboard, but definitely few major drawbacks that one needs to be aware of before buying.
Mar 7, 2008
479 posts
124 upvotes
really want to buy a wireless keyboard to keep the desktop clean.
[external advertising link removed]
Sep 21, 2019
284 posts
201 upvotes
Want a smaller one. No need for the Numpad. Who uses the Numpad?
Sep 21, 2019
284 posts
201 upvotes
Want a smaller one. No need for the Numpad. Who uses the Numpad?
Aug 4, 2004
837 posts
379 upvotes
Vancouver
ssjlancer wrote: Thats odd. These days you can put keyboards in the dishwasher and theyll be fine.

For those missing the reference. :D
Licensed Automotive Technician
Apr 16, 2011
858 posts
424 upvotes
Kagaho wrote: Want a smaller one. No need for the Numpad. Who uses the Numpad?
I purchased a small one that did not have the numb pad and also had the arrow keys butt up against the CTRL and enter key. It was this model here https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CN5 ... UTF8&psc=1. Sure it looked nice and felt nice but typing was a nightmare. I had to relearn how to type almost because certain keys were different sizes. I ended up returning it as any form of programming and typing became a chore and was slowing me down.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2775 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
ASLR23 wrote: First rule of RFD:
  • Do I need this?
  • No
buy now, worry about it later
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1512 posts
877 upvotes
NOYB
emjhay wrote: Got this and is the one of the best keyboard I've used so far.
Yup!
Too bad it's not on sale rn
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms + Lucky Mobile + Public Mobile user* SPEND WISELY

Stay away from OT/PRC and whoever acts like genuine pieces of xxxxx there.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5489 posts
2100 upvotes
Debtario
Decent deal, not as hot as the $30 xtreme gaming keyboard from the source last summer, but for $15 more you get RGB LEDs here vs fixed color rows on the XG so still really good.

If this uses outemu blues then it should be solid. I own cherry MX blues and reds, and for the huge difference in price the outemu blues and really good value.

I felt the same way until I had to work with excel, for numerical data entry the numpad is quite efficient.

That said there are the TKL (no numpad) and 60% (No numpad, no arrow keys, no pgup/down/end/pause etc and no F keys) layouts if you want a keyboard that takes up less space.

Be careful what you wish for though, I got a ducky one 2 mini recently (60% layout) and while it is compact and awesome, you don't know how much you use the arrow keys and function keys until they are gone - or in my case you need to learn what function key they are mapped to, which if you change to custom keycaps you'll need to memorize lol.
Last edited by M1K3Z0R on Jan 12th, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Nov 24, 2017
65 posts
32 upvotes
How quiet are these switches? If someone was in a meeting by you could they hear it?
emjhay wrote: Got this and is the one of the best keyboard I've used so far.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1596 posts
348 upvotes
flamingotripod wrote: How quiet are these switches? If someone was in a meeting by you could they hear it?
depending on the typist how mad they are in replying on an email. In general its fine.
No links or solicitations through sigs
Dec 19, 2015
272 posts
74 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Probably passing on this because blue switches will probably drive me insane with the noise lol.

Will wait for a red switch hot deal.

That being said though, some keyboards are really hella expensive (Razer, Steelseries etc.). Are they truly "worth" the prices?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1280 posts
354 upvotes
Westside
I ended up cancelling after shipment. I'll consider an 87 key Redragon instead. My son wants the Corsair K70 LUX that we share for his new gaming build but I'm not willing to give it up so easy ha!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4834 posts
156 upvotes
GTA
when gaming? No. But for every day use? I use the Numpad ALL the time.
Rock it.
Dec 2, 2019
85 posts
52 upvotes
Has anyone else been hounded by Aukey via email to change a review on Amazon.

I gave a product 3 stars and they email me every few days from a different address trying to bribe me to make it 5 stars. Every few days I get an email from a new throwaway email address from them. Harassing and manipulative of review system...
I like coupons and turtles.