Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Aukey Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Customizable RGB Backlight $45.49 (after coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 1:23 am
May 27, 2008
287 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
peepthetoad wrote: is the razer blue switch keyboard?
Looks like it as it notes "Clicky" at the switch type.
mindabsence wrote: Check out the Durgod K310 on Amazon. I use the K320 with brown switches and really love it (had it 1.5yrs now, daily driver 8-10hrs a day). My wife just bought the K310 which is the version with the numpad. Great looking and feeling keyboard.
Thanks! Will read up on it a bit.. (also should have mentioned I would like to get something with RGB as well, and volume controls would be ideal)
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14550 posts
5740 upvotes
Ottawa
Gee wrote: @warpdrive

Where did you buy your Unicomp Classic? Did it order it from their website?
nope. It used to be on Amazon.com a couple of years ago (paid $10 shipping + applicable HST) Amazon.com import fees.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 15, 2020
296 posts
476 upvotes
catlover1299 wrote: Please do not spread out false information. This keyboard uses outemu blue switch which is one of the loudest switch you can get for a mechanical keyboard. I guarantee you if you are in the meeting with someone no matter how quiet you try to type they will still hear it crystal clear. At night, I promise your wife/partner will get angry at you and tell you to throw it away the next day.

If you are looking for a quiet switch then I would suggest either brown or red, but red can take some time to get used to its linear feedback.

If you are new to mech keys and want a quiet keyboard, you should skip all the blue switch no matter how cheap they are. Don't end up buying them because of the sale and then later become frustrated and return it.
I have blue switches and when speaking online its barely noticeable if you use noise cancellation.
Mar 5, 2019
72 posts
34 upvotes
Looking for a 87 key one. Anyone got any suggestions for sub $50?
Oct 19, 2019
398 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
aomous wrote: I have blue switches and when speaking online its barely noticeable if you use noise cancellation.
So you're telling me you need another good quality noise cancellation headphone just to accommodate your new $40 mech keyboard ? How about other people around you? Do they also need to wear noise cancellation headphones when you are typing? LOL.
Aug 4, 2004
837 posts
379 upvotes
Vancouver
It uses an opto-mechanical Razer switch that is Razer specific, but is a bit clicky. Nothing quite as loud as a Cherry MX Blue or blue clone, but still more clicky than a brown or red switch.

Licensed Automotive Technician
Aug 4, 2004
837 posts
379 upvotes
Vancouver
catlover1299 wrote: So you're telling me you need another good quality noise cancellation headphone just to accommodate your new $40 mech keyboard ? How about other people around you? Do they also need to wear noise cancellation headphones when you are typing? LOL.
Clearly! Everyone should be running some Bose QC15 or comparable active noise cancelling headset/earbuds! Obviously it's the fault of the people listening to the keyboard and not the person(s) using it. :P
Licensed Automotive Technician
Nov 14, 2013
100 posts
141 upvotes
Winnipeg
I've lubed my stabs, foamed my case, and filmed my switches.

All I hear while typing now is a satisfying muffled 'thock'
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5461 posts
1549 upvotes
Toronto
for me the louder the better

Just got this in the mail, keyboard is superb

thanks for working for Aukey OP, this is a great product

Pro-Tip - expense the keyboard as a 'work from home expense ' ;)

......catch y'all on the next deal
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12126 posts
1893 upvotes
dataRFD wrote: I ended up cancelling after shipment. I'll consider an 87 key Redragon instead. My son wants the Corsair K70 LUX that we share for his new gaming build but I'm not willing to give it up so easy ha!
Your son is not a second class citizen. Please get him at least a new k68 which is $100. The best news is I have ordered but amazon back ordered. Nothing you can do?
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12126 posts
1893 upvotes
sepavelli wrote: Looking for a 87 key one. Anyone got any suggestions for sub $50?
Go used corsair.....
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12126 posts
1893 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: TKL is the perfect compromise IMO.

Still rocking my CM storm Quickfire rapid TKL from 2012. It was made by costar, same OEM as Filco and it's a beast. Only $50 back then, though it came with ABS keycaps that have worn smooth by now.
Mine from 2011 I think not sure looks good. Only thing is the ps2 adapter broken when I switched computer. So lost the nkro.....
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1504 posts
164 upvotes
I think it's a custom razer design. I've got one and the key strokes feel very light. If you're one of those people who likes to finger hammer the keyboard it lets you do it with a satisfying slam when the key bottoms out. The clicks are pretty loud. I use it for work and (subjectively) I think its increased my typing accuracy.
https://www.razer.com/gaming-keyboards/ ... 20100-R3M1
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1280 posts
354 upvotes
Westside
qaz393 wrote: Your son is not a second class citizen. Please get him at least a new k68 which is $100. The best news is I have ordered but amazon back ordered. Nothing you can do?
He's 19 and just spent over 2k of his money on parts and monitor. We will consider the k68 for the extra $50 vs Redragon. Thank you. Cheers!
Sep 15, 2018
172 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
CameraBill wrote: I think it's a custom razer design. I've got one and the key strokes feel very light. If you're one of those people who likes to finger hammer the keyboard it lets you do it with a satisfying slam when the key bottoms out. The clicks are pretty loud. I use it for work and (subjectively) I think its increased my typing accuracy.
https://www.razer.com/gaming-keyboards/ ... 20100-R3M1
so is this louder than the red switch keyboard but quieter than the blue switch? And it can be as loud as the blue switch if you slam the key. Is my understanding correct?
Jan 12, 2003
674 posts
267 upvotes
People on my hangout meetings and webex love my mechanical keyboard... not! 🤨
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Nov 15, 2020
296 posts
476 upvotes
catlover1299 wrote: So you're telling me you need another good quality noise cancellation headphone just to accommodate your new $40 mech keyboard ? How about other people around you? Do they also need to wear noise cancellation headphones when you are typing? LOL.
No I meant that most headsets and even software such as discord use noise cancelling software to cancel out background noise from your mic so that OTHERS won't hear your keyboard.
Nov 15, 2020
296 posts
476 upvotes
slade wrote: People on my hangout meetings and webex love my mechanical keyboard... not! 🤨
Lmaoo imagine using hangout and WebEx in 2021Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7263 posts
1311 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Rudy wrote: This thread ended up costing me $160 LOL

In the end I went ahead and bought a Ducky One2 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BDN ... UTF8&psc=1

Probably more than i wanted to spend on a keyboard, hopefully I should be able to end up close to even when I sell the Logitech Craft I have
You won't be disappointed with that keyboard.
I have my Ducky Shine for I lost count how many years and it still looks and works like it's brand new. The double shot keycaps feel very nice to type on and doesn't collect finger oils that make the keycaps shiny.
These things are built like tanks!
Steam: SpectralMeat

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)