Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Aukey Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Customizable RGB Backlight $45.49 (after coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 1:23 am
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12126 posts
1893 upvotes
dataRFD wrote: He's 19 and just spent over 2k of his money on parts and monitor. We will consider the k68 for the extra $50 vs Redragon. Thank you. Cheers!
A Keyboard does not age like technology like CPU and ram. newer releases will only be marginally better. a quality keyboard should last 3-4 builds easily............
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2000 posts
306 upvotes
Ottawa
SpectralMeat wrote: You won't be disappointed with that keyboard.
I have my Ducky Shine for I lost count how many years and it still looks and works like it's brand new. The double shot keycaps feel very nice to type on and doesn't collect finger oils that make the keycaps shiny.
These things are built like tanks!
Yea, I work 8-12 hrs on the computer so I figured I'd treat myself ;)
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12126 posts
1893 upvotes
Rudy wrote: This thread ended up costing me $160 LOL

In the end I went ahead and bought a Ducky One2 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BDN ... UTF8&psc=1

Probably more than i wanted to spend on a keyboard, hopefully I should be able to end up close to even when I sell the Logitech Craft I have
totally worth the extra 60 over a k68 corsair for the calculator button launcher as a mechanical button..........
Sep 23, 2003
651 posts
204 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Aukey is VERY well known around here for emailing/messaging RFDers on the side and paying them to post hot deals. I've gotten many-a-email from them over the years. They usually offer $5 for these posts haha
Man I was holding out for $6... guess I missed out
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5489 posts
2100 upvotes
Debtario
Rudy wrote: This thread ended up costing me $160 LOL

In the end I went ahead and bought a Ducky One2 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BDN ... UTF8&psc=1

Probably more than i wanted to spend on a keyboard, hopefully I should be able to end up close to even when I sell the Logitech Craft I have
Ah you got the white LED version, if it were RGB I was about to suggest you get some pudding keycaps to let that light shine through.

Got these on my Ducky one 2 mini : https://www.amazon.ca/HyperX-Pudding-Ke ... B087QTR4CT
qaz393 wrote: Mine from 2011 I think not sure looks good. Only thing is the ps2 adapter broken when I switched computer. So lost the nkro.....
Did you buy it from NCIX or Direct Canada? I remember finding that deal here on RFD. Solid purchase, never regretted it.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12126 posts
1893 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: Ah you got the white LED version, if it were RGB I was about to suggest you get some pudding keycaps to let that light shine through.

Got these on my Ducky one 2 mini : https://www.amazon.ca/HyperX-Pudding-Ke ... B087QTR4CT

Did you buy it from NCIX or Direct Canada? I remember finding that deal here on RFD. Solid purchase, never regretted it.
ncix is direct canada hello..........
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33219 posts
6880 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
aomous wrote: Lmaoo imagine using hangout and WebEx in 2021Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
I personally use Hangouts and I like it for one on one chats and it does SMS too.

Our company just switched to Microsoft Teams from WebEx.

There are a lot of features in Microsoft Teams, but it can be a bit confusing between conversations and group chats with specific topics. Hate the fact that you can't close off conversations.

I prefer WebEx Meetings for sharing screens and WebEx Teams is not bad for chat. But Microsoft Teams integrates with Outlook

Zoom is terrible.
Oct 19, 2019
398 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
aomous wrote: No I meant that most headsets and even software such as discord use noise cancelling software to cancel out background noise from your mic so that OTHERS won't hear your keyboard.
Then you are talking about people use it for gaming only. If you use it for work no one would really have those noise cancelling headset or use discord. That would be a big problem then. Also its very disturbing to other people you share space with.
Nov 15, 2020
296 posts
478 upvotes
catlover1299 wrote: Then you are talking about people use it for gaming only. If you use it for work no one would really have those noise cancelling headset or use discord. That would be a big problem then. Also its very disturbing to other people you share space with.
Well these are literally meant for gamers hence the NAME has "Gaming" in them. Go get yourself a cheap membrane keyboard for work. If you need something for work/gaming an don't want multiple keyboards then this is obviously not for you, don't know why people are hating so much.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1797 posts
1598 upvotes
aomous wrote: Well these are literally meant for gamers hence the NAME has "Gaming" in them. Go get yourself a cheap membrane keyboard for work. If you need something for work/gaming an don't want multiple keyboards then this is obviously not for you, don't know why people are hating so much.
they say gaming on everything. gaming mouse. gaming chair. blah blah blah. means nothing. just marketing
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2000 posts
306 upvotes
Ottawa
qaz393 wrote: totally worth the extra 60 over a k68 corsair for the calculator button launcher as a mechanical button..........
I don't really use these keys so that wasn't a factor. The k68 'water/dust proofing' is what made me skip it. The reviews I've looked at complained the silicon made the keys feel different. It's going to be my first mechanical keyboard and I was ok spending a bit more for it. Mind you most of the k68's I could find were either red leds (I didn't want any colour, just a white backlight) and the cheapest RGB one I could see with a quick search was this one https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... anguage=en and it's only $30 cheaper
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14442 posts
3558 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
My Cooler Master Quickfire is starting to break. Pressing the E key will sometimes result in ee and T does absolutely nothing when I'm gaming. Any suggestions on a replacement? Looking for something that is tactile and not clicky like my Cherry Blue. It's too loud lol.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5489 posts
2100 upvotes
Debtario
qaz393 wrote: ncix is direct canada hello..........
ncix WAS direct canada. FTFY lol :P

I think they had yet another "brand"... best direct. Crazy how time flies.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Oct 19, 2019
398 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
aomous wrote: Well these are literally meant for gamers hence the NAME has "Gaming" in them. Go get yourself a cheap membrane keyboard for work. If you need something for work/gaming an don't want multiple keyboards then this is obviously not for you, don't know why people are hating so much.
So you are saying only gamers can buy a gaming keyboard? only basketball players can buy basketball shoes? only baseball players can buy baseball jacket? Why would I want to type on a cheap membrane keyboard if I know I will be typing on it a lot every day? I'm not hating on this keyboard its just the fact that its not for everybody and you shouldn't have to make the lame excuses such as "noise cancelling headphones" to justify buying it.
Nov 23, 2004
635 posts
982 upvotes
Ontario
antzz wrote: Man I was holding out for $6... guess I missed out
I'm not willing to throw away my well established RFD account reputation for anything less than $5.25!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5186 posts
1955 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: My Cooler Master Quickfire is starting to break. Pressing the E key will sometimes result in ee and T does absolutely nothing when I'm gaming. Any suggestions on a replacement? Looking for something that is tactile and not clicky like my Cherry Blue. It's too loud lol.
Cherry Brown.
The Reds are quite but require less force so you'll get noise as they bottom out quicker.
And due to how low the actuation pressure is it will take some time to learn how to type/rest your fingers on the keycaps.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6168 posts
5784 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: I bought Aukey chargers before. More like Dollarama quality. Died after 6 months. Even the USB cable died.
On the other side, I have a few Aukey charges that have been going none stop for 2 years without a single issue.

Every brand can produce a dude. Aukey is pretty darn solid.
Aug 31, 2019
19 posts
14 upvotes
Glad I bought this, using it now. At $45 it's a great backup board / fulltime budget board. Metal chassis, blue switches, rgb keys and an led strip on the front that looks really good.