Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Aukey Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Customizable RGB Backlight $45.49 (after coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 1:23 am
Oct 17, 2007
984 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
flamingotripod wrote: Anyone have experience with Keychron keyboards? Seems to be decently regarded on reddit and reasonably priced for wireless mechanical keyboard.

https://www.keychron.com/collections/ke ... l-keyboard
just bought one and should arrive soon. will let you know how it compares to the aukey. i got this aukey for work. loud office with quite a few ppl..so i think the other noises will drown out how loud this aukey is. definitely a decent purchase for a $45 mechanical keyboard with the lighting.
Oct 19, 2019
398 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
2EZ4GEOFFREY wrote: ...I dont need another mechanical keyboard...
Then don't buy. its not that great of a keyboard if u already had a good one.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1139 posts
2277 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: I bought Aukey chargers before. More like Dollarama quality. Died after 6 months. Even the USB cable died.
I pretty much only buy Aukey cables and charges. Bizarre that yours died, but I've been using some of their stuff for years.
Their warrantee will cover pretty much everything they sell, as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1596 posts
348 upvotes
kindly read prior conversation, just like those other who upvoted.
tsk tsk tsk.....
catlover1299 wrote: Please do not spread out false information. This keyboard uses outemu blue switch which is one of the loudest switch you can get for a mechanical keyboard. I guarantee you if you are in the meeting with someone no matter how quiet you try to type they will still hear it crystal clear. At night, I promise your wife/partner will get angry at you and tell you to throw it away the next day.

If you are looking for a quiet switch then I would suggest either brown or red, but red can take some time to get used to its linear feedback.

If you are new to mech keys and want a quiet keyboard, you should skip all the blue switch no matter how cheap they are. Don't end up buying them because of the sale and then later become frustrated and return it.
No links or solicitations through sigs
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1596 posts
348 upvotes
Thank you, someone is actually read the whole convo.

*tip hat
Terabithia wrote: No one is spreading misinformation.

They were talking about another reddragon keyboard with red switches that I posted in the thread, not this Aukey.
No links or solicitations through sigs
Aug 4, 2004
837 posts
379 upvotes
Vancouver
Received the Aukey keyboard today. Compared to the Logitech G512SE it's definitely audibly louder, pingier.
Licensed Automotive Technician
Oct 28, 2020
8 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
flamingotripod wrote: Anyone have experience with Keychron keyboards? Seems to be decently regarded on reddit and reasonably priced for wireless mechanical keyboard.

https://www.keychron.com/collections/ke ... l-keyboard
I bought the K6 with Gateron Browns a few weeks ago and have been really happy with it. The one criticism I had read that turned out to be true (for me) was the need for a wrist rest. It’s a tall board and I found I needed one to type comfortably for extended periods. It gave me an excuse to make this end grain walnut and cherry rest tho!
Images
  • BC45BFA5-2005-462A-AB42-FBFAB3BDBDBF.jpeg
Oct 17, 2007
984 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
MrBojangls wrote: I bought the K6 with Gateron Browns a few weeks ago and have been really happy with it. The one criticism I had read that turned out to be true (for me) was the need for a wrist rest. It’s a tall board and I found I needed one to type comfortably for extended periods. It gave me an excuse to make this end grain walnut and cherry rest tho!
i bought a k4 and it's arriving on monday. i bought this hoping it'll elevate my wrist enough. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07ZPR ... UTF8&psc=1

works perfectly with the aukey keyboard.
Oct 15, 2017
103 posts
137 upvotes
Airstrip One
I've been using Blue Switches (multiple brands) and a condenser mic for years.
I used to have Krisp to eliminate any keyboard noises during virtual meetings or discord chat with friends.
Now I am using Nvidia Broadcast to cancel any unwanted background noise.
Both software works extremely well and I had zero complaints about keyboard noise.

FYI:
Krisp AI: https://krisp.ai/
Nvidia Broadcast: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/br ... dcast-app/
---> 🅲🅰🆃 🅻🅾🆅🅴🆁 (=ↀωↀ=)
---> 🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1504 posts
164 upvotes
peepthetoad wrote: so is this louder than the red switch keyboard but quieter than the blue switch? And it can be as loud as the blue switch if you slam the key. Is my understanding correct?
Reds are pretty much silent. They're quieter than most laptop keyboards, but not quite as quiet as a membrane.
I've never used a blue switch keyboard but the razer huntsman key is pretty loud. It's volume is comparible to an old IBM but the keys are very soft like a deep chiclet key.
Today I got muted at a meeting and I use a headset mic.

My son picked up a ducky linear and it feels a tier better than the best logitechs. It was pretty pricey and I don't know if I would dish out that kind of coin for a keyboard.

Personally I wouldn't purchase a keyboard without going to the store to feel it for myself. I used a corsair red for years because it was one of the first lower priced tenkeyless. Not until my sons starting trying out keyboards that I realized that I never liked it.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14882 posts
2858 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
bball2 wrote: Hard price to beat, though I would make sure you actually want clicky switches. In general I've found most cheaper mechanical keyboards (<$100) use pretty crappy switches when it comes to clicky or tactile - but the linears usually aren't too bad.

Though if you want some really good clicky switches like Kailh box jades - a set to cover a full size keyboard is going to end up costing more than this whole board O_o
Red Dragon ones aren't bad, good feel vs Cherry MX
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5489 posts
2100 upvotes
Debtario
93srvman wrote: The Ducky One 2 RGB (with brown switches and pudding caps) looks like a good option: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/in ... ail&p=6203 (US Site) But they will ship for $25.

For the mechanical keyboard vets, as this will be my first; Any thoughts..? Opinions..? Somewhere better to purchase?
Can't go wrong with ducky. A little more plastic than I'd like to see on something at the price it sells for in Canada, but it doesn't impact the typing quality and the stock keycaps are excellent. I got pudding keys on my one 2 mini and you'll love them if you want the best RGB experience possible - never had such a bright keyboard, it's absolutely amazing.

I can't tell you how you will like brown switches, that's up to you to decide as it's a very personal choice. I have red switches on mine and I own blue switches on my other keyboards, I can say i like them both though find myself using reds more often for the silence. Browns are a good compromise between both, but you need to feel it to know.

$190 CAD shipped isn't too bad considering Ducky keyboards are overpriced in Canada and rarely go on sale, PBT pudding keycaps bought separately would run you about an extra $40+

For reference the last deal I saw was during black friday: memory-express-ducky-one-2-mechanical-k ... f-2422747/

Might be worth checking out Kijiji or Facebook marketplace for deals. FWIW I paid $135 for a minty one 2 mini with hyperx pudding caps off kijiji right after Christmas.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)