Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Aukey mechanical keyboard with blue-style clicky switches

[OP]
Nov 7, 2008
447 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Aukey mechanical keyboard with blue-style clicky switches

Looks like a decent price for a beginner's mechanical keyboard. Coupon code DUSHIG12 is only valid once per account, it seems. The keyboard seems sturdy enough, and the space bar has good stabilization (pressing down on the far left/right edges just results in a keypress instead of the space bar seesawing up on the other end). Stems are like those of Cherry switches so I imagine they're compatible with most replacement keycaps for Cherry switches, and it seems to have the "standard bottom row" sizing which makes it compatible with most keycap sets. No idea about the longevity of a keyboard like this and it obviously can't be amazing quality, but it's one of the cheapest prices I've seen for a mechanical keyboard.
Images
  • 2.JPG
  • 1.JPG
60 replies
Jun 2, 2015
43 posts
72 upvotes
Have owned this for almost a year while working from home. Works great. No issues to speak of thus far. Do wish it had dedicated media keys rather than having to use function + f key but overall I can't complain at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2023 posts
346 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey that's the keyboard that caused me to research of bunch of keyboard and drop $160 on a Ducky One2!
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2009
1465 posts
910 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm thinking of picking another cheap mechanical keyboard up. Any thoughts on Aukey vs Redragon?
Jun 26, 2013
791 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
is there a coupon for RED switch keyboard as well ?
Oct 19, 2019
425 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
Again, if you knows nothing about mech keyboard then you shouldn't buy just because of the price. Blue switch is not for everyone and I've seen many people have to return because they can't stand the noise.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3279 posts
4804 upvotes
Langley, BC
a mechanical keyboard is for those that live alone... or that will soon live alone.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3230 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
there are mods you can do such as adding foam to the case, lubing the stabs and switches to make it more silent.
Nov 15, 2020
646 posts
1169 upvotes
Blues are nice and tactile but loud af. Only use it for gaming cause its too loud for typing
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3230 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
aomous wrote: Blues are nice and tactile but loud af. Only use it for gaming cause its too loud for typing
funny enough, blue is meant for typing and red and brown is more for gaming/typing
Nov 15, 2020
646 posts
1169 upvotes
shoei wrote: funny enough, blue is meant for typing and red and brown is more for gaming/typing
yeah don't get me wrong the blues are really nice for typing since they are tactile, I would type with them if I was alone but with other people around its just too loud
Dec 10, 2019
47 posts
23 upvotes
this should be ATL previous ATL was 45.99
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33304 posts
7004 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
PharaohsVizier wrote: I'm thinking of picking another cheap mechanical keyboard up. Any thoughts on Aukey vs Redragon?
This is better than the Red Dragon

Damn, this is my third purchase in 2 months. It is a decent entry level mechanical keyboard
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4427 posts
1332 upvotes
Has anyone used the IBM kb's from the 80's/90's? How do the blue switch kb's compare to those for the loudness and feel? I miss those IBM kb's.
signature closed for renovation
Aug 28, 2019
8 posts
21 upvotes
I bought this the last time it "went on sale." it's a good keyboard but the blue switches are really loud. I sent it back and bought one that was a little more expensive with brown switches and it's got just the right mix of clickity and clackity without too much wackity.
Aug 17, 2015
276 posts
379 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Gee wrote: This is better than the Red Dragon
I have both and this is definitely nicer IMO than the Red Dragon.
This one actually has an aluminum top plate with a nice chamfered edge all around - It is super solid.
If you don't mind blue switches, this thing is a no-brainer at this price. I immediately bought a backup to have around the office during the last sale.
This actually replaced a Logitech G610 with red switches, and I MUCH prefer this than the Logitech - the build quality is equal if not better on this Aukey one.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2648 posts
1346 upvotes
Barrie
The deal must be dead or user-specific because I can't seem to get the coupon code to work.
Feb 19, 2009
401 posts
401 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I bought this keyboard for my son, and he rav's about it.
Very customizable on the RGB side of things, and the quality is amazing for the price.

Saved me a ton vs. pay the brand premium from Razer or Corsair.
Apr 28, 2016
12 posts
13 upvotes
looks like the red switch one has a 5$ coupon, so roughly 59 dollars