• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 3:14 pm
[OP]
Aug 31, 2009
153 posts
122 upvotes
toronto

[Amazon.ca] Aukey mechanical rgb keyboard $10 off +no tax. $54.99 all in

Just bought this budget mechanical keyboard.. $10 off and no tax. Arriving tomorrow, reviews seem ok. 54.99 all in
Last edited by n3i1 on Sep 26th, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
61 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2886 posts
2141 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please... ty
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Nov 21, 2011
186 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Why the downvotes? I thought Aukey was a decent budget brand? And the price seems reasonable for a mechanical keyboard.
Dec 15, 2019
147 posts
419 upvotes
Markham
Why the negatives?
It’s a bad brand? Cuz it’s blue switches?
Aug 17, 2015
234 posts
251 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I bought this in early July after I spilt coffee all over my G610 with red switches.

The build quality on this keyboard is comparable if not better than the logitech.
The switches are blue, so of course it is louder, but I'm alone in my office, and wear a headset 90% of the time, so it doesn't bother me.

Anybody looking for their first mechanical keyboard, or a backup keyboard to have around - this is a FANTASTIC deal.

Edit - this is the exact deal I had in July - $64 with a $10 coupon.

Edit 2 - I also have an older Aukey tenkeyless mechanical keyboard (which was a copy of the red dragon keyboards) hooked up to my file server. This new Aukey one is FAR superior to those older ones.
Dec 15, 2017
60 posts
46 upvotes
Stagaz630 wrote: Why the downvotes? I thought Aukey was a decent budget brand? And the price seems reasonable for a mechanical keyboard.
Can't say why it's getting downvoted, the mech keyboard community does have some elitists, so maybe that's why.

I have no experience with it, but seems like it might be the same/similar to the red dragon. It also seems like it is decent for an entry level MKB (based on some non-Amazon reviews).

Personally, I would look at Anne Pro 2 or Akko (if they go on sale again), or Drevo as entry level boards. BUT in most cases you will be paying (at least) a little more than the Aukey board, and getting either a TKL or a 60%, instead of a full sized board.

Completely up to you and your budget! Downvotes don't always mean a product is bad
Jul 23, 2019
8 posts
11 upvotes
Also don't get the downvotes, although it can get cheaper. Got it for $49.99 last week with a $15 coupon.

Build quality is very decent, and the blue keys are loud but nice and clicks and great for typing, especially in a WFH environment. RGB lighting all around the sides is also a very nice touch.

Obviously not for pro gamers, but a great choice for those working/studying from home. This will be a huge upgrade over any regular membrane or laptop keyboard.
Oct 19, 2003
211 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Currently using this exact keyboard - bought for $54.99 all-in (after $10 coupon) in July. Seems like $55 all-in is a pretty standard price. Similar to Cherry Blue switches, so very clicky and loud - build quality and switches exceed price point IMHO and with minimal key wobble. That said, my point of comparison is my old BlackWidow Elite with Cherry Blue switches (before Razer moved to their own switches) and I prefer this current keyboard. Wish it had a wrist rest and the bottom row of my keyboard is bit brighter that the rest of the backlight, but think it's a good keyboard for the price.
Aug 17, 2012
407 posts
274 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Ryanix wrote: Can't say why it's getting downvoted, the mech keyboard community does have some elitists, so maybe that's why.

I have no experience with it, but seems like it might be the same/similar to the red dragon. It also seems like it is decent for an entry level MKB (based on some non-Amazon reviews).

Personally, I would look at Anne Pro 2 or Akko (if they go on sale again), or Drevo as entry level boards. BUT in most cases you will be paying (at least) a little more than the Aukey board, and getting either a TKL or a 60%, instead of a full sized board.

Completely up to you and your budget! Downvotes don't always mean a product is bad
Just a note that the Kemove Snowfox/Shadowfox is basically an upgraded Anne Pro 2 with a bigger battery, Bluetooth 5.0 and hotswappable switches so if you want to try another switch type you don't need to desolder or buy another board. Costs basically the same price too.

Anyways this shouldn't be a bad budget board. It has blue switches though, so beware using this if your family/roommate(s)/co-workers doesn't like the noise.
Jan 8, 2019
35 posts
135 upvotes
can anyone with the keyboard lemme know if the spacebar is stabilized? ie does it have the metal bar to stop it from wobbling when you only hit one side
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1639 posts
2937 upvotes
Toronto
I owned Aukey's keyboard before. Broke after maybe 1 year. Was able to contact the customer service to get a replacement, but the one I had was dis-continued. So they offered full refund.

IMO, good buy for $50, cannot compare this with $100+ keyboard. Great customer service.
[FS] SportChek GC at 87%
I love great flight deals
[OP]
Aug 31, 2009
153 posts
122 upvotes
toronto
Spiritualx wrote: I would get redragon k582 instead of this
I was going to but based on experience, aukey has great support.