Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY USB C Charger with 60W Power Delivery 3.0 $40

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2019 11:21 pm
[OP]
Member
Aug 23, 2013
209 posts
75 upvotes
MONTR

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY USB C Charger with 60W Power Delivery 3.0 $40

Good price for a quality 60W PD3.0 USB-C charger
Last edited by aasoror on Apr 4th, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3109 posts
1728 upvotes
Toronto
IMO a much better deal is this One From Necteck.

Also, the Aukey isn’t USB IF certified and doesn’t have a cable with it.
Member
Nov 1, 2013
236 posts
109 upvotes
Is there one that will also quick charge a Note 9 or have QC 3.0 usb too? I can't seem to find any
Member
Dec 11, 2004
374 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AstonM wrote: IMO a much better deal is this One From Necteck.

Also, the Aukey isn’t USB IF certified and doesn’t have a cable with it.
Is this the best option to charge my X1 Carbon Lenovo laptop? I want a cheap option but don't want to risk screwing up my nice new laptop either. It doesn't even have to be portable as I'll keep the Lenovo for the road and just leave this one by my bed/couch.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2010
1123 posts
575 upvotes
Markham
architect wrote: Is this the best option to charge my X1 Carbon Lenovo laptop? I want a cheap option but don't want to risk screwing up my nice new laptop either. It doesn't even have to be portable as I'll keep the Lenovo for the road and just leave this one by my bed/couch.
Yeah, it's probably a much better deal than OP considering it includes a USB-IF certified USB-C cable (60W), which usually costs another $15.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3109 posts
1728 upvotes
Toronto
architect wrote: Is this the best option to charge my X1 Carbon Lenovo laptop? I want a cheap option but don't want to risk screwing up my nice new laptop either. It doesn't even have to be portable as I'll keep the Lenovo for the road and just leave this one by my bed/couch.
It would be a good option for sure, I have 2 now. 60w charging on USB C and 12w shared for USB-A. Biggest thing is the device is USB-IF Certified. Most of these are not and that's risky (check google for things blowing up)
Newbie
Jun 12, 2018
39 posts
42 upvotes
I bought one of the aukey ones a while ago -- is this safe to use with a new macbook air? or my phone?

I haven't actually done any reading on it, nor have i plugged the air into it, as I wanted to read first.

If someone could save me the time, it'd be greatly appreciated.
one dollar only.
Newbie
Jan 30, 2017
36 posts
27 upvotes
Power supply is all about safety. If you are gonna use these on the sofa or while laying on bed, better get a genuine adapter. A tear down from iFixit will show the amount of components apple uses to cover their ass (and yours)

I have the nextek ones. One 72w and the other a bit higher for the bigger laptop. And so far they have worked great. The wire that comes along is certified but is not very thick and they don't fit 100% into the slot. I use apple wires for nextek too.

I would never trust Aukey for powered. Have had bad experience with their products and customer service sucks.

Power supply in that kind of wattage is too risky to save money on.
Sr. Member
Aug 17, 2006
511 posts
192 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Torontosepia wrote: Power supply is all about safety. If you are gonna use these on the sofa or while laying on bed, better get a genuine adapter. A tear down from iFixit will show the amount of components apple uses to cover their ass (and yours)

I have the nextek ones. One 72w and the other a bit higher for the bigger laptop. And so far they have worked great. The wire that comes along is certified but is not very thick and they don't fit 100% into the slot. I use apple wires for nextek too.

I would never trust Aukey for powered. Have had bad experience with their products and customer service sucks.

Power supply in that kind of wattage is too risky to save money on.
Which higher one?

My new Lenovo Ideapad 730S comes with 65W PD adaptor, is 60W enough?
Newbie
Jan 30, 2017
36 posts
27 upvotes
https://www.nekteck.com/product-categor ... c-charger/

Look for nekteck USB c type charger and you will find a variety. I use the 72W one that gives 60w on USB C for my computer that needs 60w. I have used the same on a bigger laptop that needs 85W, and it still works but charging is slow. This is my travelling charger since it has other ports too.

The 111W one they have is good as well. That one is wired to my desk and it is works fine.

These do get hot which seems normal. Wires on these are a bit thin, but that's OK. I would recommend apple or anker wires that support power delivery for higher wattage.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 24, 2005
2210 posts
2170 upvotes
digdeep wrote: Which higher one? My new Lenovo Ideapad 730S comes with 65W PD adaptor, is 60W enough?
For 99% of the situations, a true 60W charger with a good quality USB-C cable will be sufficient to charge your Lenovo Ideapad 730S while you are working on it.
But if you simultaneously:
- charge your laptop's fully discharged battery;
- crank up the screen brightness to 100% and sound volume to 100% and Wi-Fi power to 100%, and bluetooth at 100% power;
- run a CPU/FPU/RAM/GPU stress test at 100% load with fans going full blast;
- have at least two external loads (e.g. a cellphone with depleted battery and a portable hard drive drawing high-current from the USB-C and USB ports of your laptop);
- output high-bandwidth 4K video through the Thunderbolt port(s) to external display(s);
- torrent enough content to saturate both the download and upload of a gigabit internet connection;
then you will find that a 60W charger will not be sufficient to power all of the above while charging your laptop's battery.
Last edited by ahoroba on Apr 5th, 2019 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
Apr 23, 2015
78 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Im not really sure if Aukey is trustworthy enough for USB C products. A lot of their products dont follow the USB C guidelines and there have been reports of misbehaving cables or chargers.

Top