Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AUKEY USB-C Power Delivery 3.0 & 5V/2.1A Ports USB Wall Charger

Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
dawes wrote: Are you using USB-C to Lightning?
no, using regular usb to lighting.
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
Kenjuta wrote: i actually bought both a few months ago
smaller one is for travelling since it's quite a bit lighter and smaller
it also plugs directly into the socket and the prongs fold in so it's easier and less messy to travel with

the bigger one i keep at home to use
there's a cable that plugs into the wall going from the device which is isn't as ideal for travelling for me

my laptop charger comes with a 45W charger so using the 60W doesn't charge it noticeably faster compare to the 46W one and most phones will do 18A max so the charge speed will be the same on both devices
Yeah, I'll see what it's like when it comes.

Laptop bricks have the cable connecting to the wall as well, so figured it's the same problem either way and you can get away with a shorter USB-c cable with the 60w charger. I think it will come down to how heavy it is for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1892 posts
574 upvotes
Calgary
TransporterSD wrote: no, using regular usb to lighting.
Fast charge is only if you are using USB-C to Lightning on iPhones
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Anyone actually use this charger on their iPhone for fast charging with the USB C to Lightning?
Aug 22, 2011
4 posts
Kelowna, BC
Joymax wrote: Thanks OP. I was looking for one to charge my Nintendo switch, it looks like this is good enough to do it.

Also, ebates has 8% cash back for most category today.
I use this one to charge my switch in handheld mode and it works great. Has no problem charging while you play as well. Paid way to much for it a few weeks ago it seems Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6110 posts
4783 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: no, using regular usb to lighting.
It will not work with that cord, you HAVE to use a USB-C to Lightning to get fast charging. When you start using the fast charging, you should get two chimes when you plug it in to charge. This means fast charging is ENABLED.
shayne85 wrote: Anyone actually use this charger on their iPhone for fast charging with the USB C to Lightning?
I’m using one, what questions do you have?

It really charges the phone quickly. It will fully charged a phone within an hour of its around 25-30% battery.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
How many chargers does everyone buy? I got a 2.0, a 3.0, and a regular USB C from Aukey. Do I need the 4th one? I will pass this time.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
ma678 wrote: How many chargers does everyone buy? I got a 2.0, a 3.0, and a regular USB C from Aukey. Do I need the 4th one? I will pass this time.
Really depends on how many devices/what devices you have.

I bought charger before QC, then QC, QC3.0, PD, etc so i got a lot of chargers. The older ones are just collecting dust because i needed PD for switch/iphoneX/pro 3. Before that i needed QC3.0 for my phone, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Sejad wrote: It will not work with that cord, you HAVE to use a USB-C to Lightning to get fast charging. When you start using the fast charging, you should get two chimes when you plug it in to charge. This means fast charging is ENABLED.
I’m using one, what questions do you have?

It really charges the phone quickly. It will fully charged a phone within an hour of its around 25-30% battery.
mchuong wrote: Fast charge is only if you are using USB-C to Lightning on iPhones
So this charger will work for fast charging on iphone x with usb c to lighting? I thought iphone x requires 7.5v

Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: So this charger will work for fast charging on iphone x with usb c to lighting? I thought iphone x requires 7.5v
USB-C Output: (PDO) 5V 3A, 9V 3A, 12V 3A, 15V 3A, 20V 2.3A; (PPS) 3V–16V 3A
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6110 posts
4783 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: So this charger will work for fast charging on iphone x with usb c to lighting? I thought iphone x requires 7.5v
Have you looked at the specs at all of this charger block:
USB-C Output: (PDO) 5V 3A, 9V 3A, 12V 3A, 15V
hvc wrote: USB-C Output: (PDO) 5V 3A, 9V 3A, 12V 3A, 15V 3A, 20V 2.3A; (PPS) 3V–16V 3A
You beat me to it lmao!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Battscrew wrote: Would this work for the new iPad Pro? Looking for a usb c and usb a combined instead of carrying two different chargers.
Technically it will because it supports Power Delivery (PD). The iPad charger is 9V, 2Amps
USB-C Output: (PDO) 5V 3A, 9V 3A, 12V 3A, 15V 3A, 20V 2.3A; (PPS) 3V–16V 3A
USB-A Output: 5V 2.1A
Total Power Output: 56.5W
It should default to 9V, 3A which would charge the iPad 50% quicker.

The USB A is only 2.1A, it would have been nice if it was 2.4A

I am looking for a dual USB C that has two PD ports offering a minimum of 36 Watts. Can't find one anywhere.
Dec 19, 2006
875 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
For people looking to fast charge their iphones and don't already have a usb-c to lightning cable, I'd hold off on that until the third party cables come out later this year. The Apple official ones are godly expensive and they don't last very long considering the price.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
ocisnicola wrote: For people looking to fast charge their iphones and don't already have a usb-c to lightning cable, I'd hold off on that until the third party cables come out later this year. The Apple official ones are godly expensive and they don't last very long considering the price.
Rumor is it'll be out next month.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6110 posts
4783 upvotes
ocisnicola wrote: For people looking to fast charge their iphones and don't already have a usb-c to lightning cable, I'd hold off on that until the third party cables come out later this year. The Apple official ones are godly expensive and they don't last very long considering the price.
Don’t the cords have a year warranty from apple?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1530 posts
2457 upvotes
Hamilton
Paigne wrote:
Rumor is it'll be out next month.
Belkin announced one at CES but it's actually more expensive than Apple's lol

The difference between a 2.1 Amp USB A and 18 Watt PD is very very tiny from all the testing I've seen. Keep in mind that an 18 Watt charger only outputs that for a short time; the iPhone dials back on the charging rate to save the battery after the first 45 minutes or so.
Dec 19, 2006
875 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
Sejad wrote: Don’t the cords have a year warranty from apple?
They do, but the official Apple cables are frustratingly fragile. They also aren't warrantied for "misuse" so if you get an asshole at the Apple store you'll have to deal with that as well. The Belkin ones coming out later this year will be about the same price as Apple's but I believe their $34.99 USD cable is 10ft so in a way it's cheaper than Apple's $50 CAD 6ft one. I don't think it's possible for anyone to make cables worse than Apple's either. Also, since Apple is finally allowing third parties to make MFi certified usb-c to lightning cables, it won't be long until we see cheaper options, maybe late 2019 hopefully.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
charliegee wrote: Seems like it is I was looking at reviews last night (on how it and others in their range work with Nintendo switch) and it is a good product and this is lowest price it has been to date by quite a bit.

Aukey aren't quite as good as Anker but they do the job.

Also note, aukey isn't the seller but if you go through the rating history of the seller they look good.

I already bought one last night plus the aukey USB c cable add-on item that has a $5 coupon currently.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072JS ... UTF8&psc=1

If you only need 18w, which is the max for fast phone charging afaik then this is also at all time low after coupon https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Charger-Del ... B0797BXDRR
Bought both. Thank you. Now, i need to get USB C to lighting cables.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)