• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2020 8:52 pm
[OP]
Aug 31, 2006
727 posts
448 upvotes
Norilsk

[Amazon.ca] Balfer Wireless Earbuds $34 after -$25 coupon

BALFER True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds TWS in-Ear Stereo Bluetooth V5.0 Earphone Built-in High Definition Mic Rechargable

free shipping.

I have these, and they are solid. Great sound from 8mm drivers and long battery.

If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
14 replies
Nov 14, 2019
16 posts
160 upvotes
Those look massive. Will probably look like a dork if I wore these in public :-\
Aug 5, 2006
209 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
Dudios got longer play time but music time is 5h. I wonder what is play time and music time.
Sep 10, 2017
125 posts
84 upvotes
Stoncs wrote: Those look massive. Will probably look like a dork if I wore these in public :-\
If you're worries about looking like a dork, then you shouldn't be looking at discount earbuds at all imo, they all look pretty goofy. Getting the sleek form factor is expensive.
[OP]
Aug 31, 2006
727 posts
448 upvotes
Norilsk
bb_00 wrote: How are these compared to the Dudios?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07W92 ... UTF8&psc=1
Balfer 8mm driver vs dudios 7.2
Better batter life
Better charging life
Case has lid
Gun metal colour is nicer than the white or shiny black of others.

Been working great for months.

Here is previous thread with more info here Your text to link here...
Last edited by fiscal-rick on Dec 27th, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 29, 2015
81 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Stoncs wrote: Those look massive. Will probably look like a dork if I wore these in public :-\
I have these and they're dece for the price.
They are a bit on the chunkier side but they fit alright and the sound quality is good enough!
As a previous poster said, "If you're worries about looking like a dork, then you shouldn't be looking at discount earbuds at all imo, they all look pretty goofy. Getting the sleek form factor is expensive."

I'm happy with the purchase overall though tbh
Aug 1, 2011
516 posts
72 upvotes
Thanks OP. Decided to give these a try. $34.95 all in after coupon.

Need a pair for walks at lunch on work days. These.may do the trick as I don't need anything too serious.
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is the Ace of Spades.
[OP]
Aug 31, 2006
727 posts
448 upvotes
Norilsk
Not to highjack my own thread. But these are the future. Not currently available for Canada from Amazon

Link here

Makes so much sense to have the earbuds charging double as a speaker. form factor almost looks small enough to still fit in pocket

Feb 1, 2004
772 posts
91 upvotes
Markham
Decided to get both the Dudios Free Mini and the Balfer to compare them.

Balfer is definitely better. They were fuller and a slight bass-ier. The Dudios sound seems very hollow and teeny.

One thing I've noticed that even though both are BT 5.0, I have laggy problem when connected to my PC. Perhaps it's my PC's BT driver issue. As well, when connected to my Oculus Quest, I get a slight lag. Not sure if that's an usual issue.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31197 posts
5422 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
That is exactly what people said about AirPods when they were first released
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1204 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
First it was over-the-ear headphones. Now it's bluetooth ear buds.

How many sets can a person possibly own?? In my case, too many.
Feb 14, 2012
913 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
bb_00 wrote: Decided to get both the Dudios Free Mini and the Balfer to compare them.

Balfer is definitely better. They were fuller and a slight bass-ier. The Dudios sound seems very hollow and teeny.

One thing I've noticed that even though both are BT 5.0, I have laggy problem when connected to my PC. Perhaps it's my PC's BT driver issue. As well, when connected to my Oculus Quest, I get a slight lag. Not sure if that's an usual issue.
Did you by any chance test call quality? I got the anker soundcore 2, sound was decent...call quality was pretty bad. My wife had trouble understanding what I was saying...said I was cutting off. I was in a mall and didn't have much if any background noise going on. Looking for an alternative.
Mar 15, 2005
322 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
How do these compare to the Bomaker?
Aug 31, 2001
325 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
These were good up until left earbud stopped working and had no sound. Sound quality and call quality, battery was great. Had two duds. returned them both.

Any suggestions on alternatives with good sound battery and voice mic quality?

anker soundcore 2 sounds like it has bad call quality