Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H9i Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones with ANC - Black & Natural - $529.99

Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H9i Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones with ANC - Black & Natural - $529.99

Black: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078HSVK7M/
Natural: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078HRHWH2/

If you need great ANC, these are not it.
36 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47031 posts
9313 upvotes
I’m confused. So these are over the $500 range, have ANC, but aren’t the best in terms of a good ANC technology?

Man. The price point.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1789 posts
509 upvotes
GTA
djemzine wrote: I’m confused. So these are over the $500 range, have ANC, but aren’t the best in terms of a good ANC technology?

Man. The price point.
I’m assuming that it’s the brand premium.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
djemzine wrote: I’m confused. So these are over the $500 range, have ANC, but aren’t the best in terms of a good ANC technology?

Man. The price point.
Sony XM3 is current king and Bose QC35 II is second (mostly because its the older headset of the two and needs a refresh)

For Noise Cancelling, do not waste your money on anything else, its not even close.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes

Man. The price point.
It's not for everyone....like pretty much everything in life.

There's definitely a brand premium, a different market (e.g. If one needs 360km/h from a car, a Bentley isn't the answer). These have user-replaceable battery, and user-replaceable ear-pads.
Last edited by chatbox on Feb 20th, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote: Sony XM3 is current king and Bose QC35 II is second (mostly because its the older headset of the two and needs a refresh)

For Noise Cancelling, do not waste your money on anything else, its not even close.
Yeah, ANC, get XM3. End of story.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3156 upvotes
chatbox wrote: There's definitely a brand premium, a different market (e.g. If one needs 360km/h from a car, a Bentley isn't the answer). These have user-replaceable battery, and user-replaceable ear-pads.
dont all headphones >200 bucks have user replacable ear-pads? I mean they don't last more than a 2-3 years even if rarely used.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
elfion wrote: dont all headphones >200 bucks have user replacable ear-pads? I mean they don't last more than a 2-3 years even if rarely used.
People were having a hard time finding replacements for the original 1000X. Not sure if Sony has made it easier to purchase replacement pads for the XM2 and XM3.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3156 upvotes
chatbox wrote: People were having a hard time finding replacements for the original 1000X. Not sure if Sony has made it easier to purchase replacement pads for the XM2 and XM3.
ok, sure, but those are ear pads. no reason to buy original. it's like getting a suit that comes with socks, and then look for original replacement socks.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
elfion wrote: ok, sure, but those are ear pads. no reason to buy original. it's like getting a suit that comes with socks, and then look for original replacement socks.
ok, sure, people have been 'ripping' / hole-punching pads to get them to fit onto the 1000X. It's been done.
(You don't know how they're fitted, do you?)

Now, there are aftermarket pads...but there's questionable quality and level of comfort (plushness, thermal dissipation, seal....etc)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7620 posts
5706 upvotes
Ottawa
chatbox wrote: People were having a hard time finding replacements for the original 1000X. Not sure if Sony has made it easier to purchase replacement pads for the XM2 and XM3.
I’m the lucky one, my 1000x’s headband was broken after 1.5 year use, chatted with Sony support, they sent a me a brand new XM3, sold it in 5 minutes on kijiji for $420, because I need a new Surface pro.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1914 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto

Man. The price point.
They're the best sounding bluetooth headphones out. Audio quality also matters to some people. Even moreso than ANC. Sony has the best ANC out there, BO's got the beast audio quality. Hands down.
Oct 18, 2011
330 posts
208 upvotes
Regina
I bought h8 from visions for $299. I have been told h8 and h9 use the same unit so I guess they sound similar. The h8 is over-ear type and pressed my ears heavily.
h9 solves this problem for $200+... hmm.. probably cant justify that...
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
shengli2009fall wrote: I bought h8 from visions for $299. I have been told h8 and h9 use the same unit so I guess they sound similar. The h8 is over-ear type and pressed my ears heavily.
On-ear. The H9i is kinda the v2 of H9.

At the same time, I can't justify having already spent $299 on a pair of uncomfortable headphones (regardless of brand / model / sound quality) to begin with.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2050 posts
925 upvotes
HK
Buggy166 wrote: Sony XM3 is current king and Bose QC35 II is second (mostly because its the older headset of the two and needs a refresh)

Interesting. I never considered Sony (although I haven't bought anything beyond the QC15 and QC20 as it's been a while), but will definitely take a look.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1567 posts
100 upvotes
Calgary
funkdoobi wrote: They're the best sounding bluetooth headphones out. Audio quality also matters to some people. Even moreso than ANC. Sony has the best ANC out there, BO's got the beast audio quality. Hands down.
100% correct having tried the qc35, Sony and B&o.

Comfort = QC
ANC and better sound than Bose= Sony
B&o= not as comfortable as QC but better sound then both
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1567 posts
100 upvotes
Calgary
shengli2009fall wrote: I bought h8 from visions for $299. I have been told h8 and h9 use the same unit so I guess they sound similar. The h8 is over-ear type and pressed my ears heavily.
H9i sounds better than h8

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)