Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Bar Keepers Friend ($7.28) Multipurpose Cooktop Soft Liquid Cleaner 13-Ounce

  • Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2021 1:13 am
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 8, 2020
45 posts
191 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] Bar Keepers Friend ($7.28) Multipurpose Cooktop Soft Liquid Cleaner 13-Ounce

Was $13.52. I've been looking for a cleaner for my Samsung glass stovetop. I've had this item in my Amazon cart for a couple days and was just notified it dropped in price. Very well reviewed.
25 replies
Member
Oct 18, 2011
291 posts
407 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Looks good. Can you use this on stainless steel appliances?
Jr. Member
Feb 9, 2008
184 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The regular version, which also works on cooktops, is cheaper at home depot (looking at the weight, also seems to have more).
Powder version is even cheaper.

I'm not sure what the difference between the cooktop version and regular is.
Been eying Bar Keepers Friend for a while as well.
Last edited by zerod on May 14th, 2021 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Apr 2, 2017
286 posts
172 upvotes
The powder version works extremely well for cleaning stainless steel utensils and sinks. Haven't tried cooktop cleaner though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 25, 2007
2914 posts
2085 upvotes
zerod wrote: The regular version, which also works on cooktops, is cheaper at home depot (looking at the weight, also seems to have more).
Powder version is even cheaper.

I'm not sure what the difference between the cooktop version and regular is.
Been eying Bar Keepers Friend for a while as well.
Thanks for this. Always wanted to try this stuff.

$2.28 at HD seems like a great deal (powder version).

Ordered four for ISPU.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2012
2719 posts
2287 upvotes
Toronto
lazy_prodigy wrote: Will using the powder version on glass cooktops scratch them?
Nope, I use the powder version on it. It also works well to clean steel and chrome exhaust pipes.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1606 posts
363 upvotes
lazy_prodigy wrote: Will using the powder version on glass cooktops scratch them?
I have the powder version that I use on stainless steel cookware -- it works wonders.

I would not use the powdered version on a cooking surface because it often leaves a layer of residue in the sink that needs a lot of rinsing. On a cooktop, you might be able to wipe it all away with a wet rag though but I'd probably stick with just the liquid version to make it easier.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 4, 2008
790 posts
314 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
My glass cooktop can only be cleaned with baking soda + vinegar anymore, none of these packaged cleansers do anything.

Which is ok because baking soda + vinegar is pretty cheap cleanser.
-
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2005
3912 posts
3084 upvotes
Ottawa
I use the powder on a lot of things, especially in the bathroom - sinks, tub, shower, faucets, glass wall/door, shower floor, tiles. It works really well, better than all other cleaners out there, removes soap scums and leaves a shine where other bathroom cleaners failed. I also have the liquid soft cleanser (not the cooktop cleaner) but it does not do as good a job as the powder.

Home Depot absolutely has the best price on the powder, CT and other retailers sell it for double the price. FYI, the cooktop cleaner sells for about $7-$8 at other retailers so the savings on Amazon is a stretch!
https://www.thebay.com/product/barkeepers-friend-multipurpose-cooktop-cleaner-0600086002908.html?dwvar_0600086002908_color=WHITE
https://well.ca/products/bar-keepers-friend-cooktop-cleaner_88465.html

https://www.barkeepersfriend.com/how-to-clean-a-stove-top/
https://experthometips.com/uses-for-bar-keepers-friend
6 Things You Should Never Do with Bar Keepers Friend
Sr. Member
May 17, 2011
583 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto
I use the powdered everywhere. The liquid needs to be shaken extremely well before each use or you will end up with a rock of powder in the bottom after all the liquid is squeezed out. My kids can't seem to grasp that concept so now I hide the liquid for my use only.

When the border was open I'd buy 12-18 cans at Target/Walmart as it's ~$2 for a can twice the size of the Home Depot one. Obviously not worth a trip just for BKF but I'd stock up when there. Am almost out so great to know that HD has such a great price.
Last edited by jrshopper on May 17th, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Dec 31, 2005
324 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Great for cleaning stainless steel muffler tips using #000 steel wool as well Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
10525 posts
2883 upvotes
Winnipeg
Grunchy wrote: My glass cooktop can only be cleaned with baking soda + vinegar anymore, none of these packaged cleansers do anything.

Which is ok because baking soda + vinegar is pretty cheap cleanser.
yeah I too just use baking soda and flat plastic scrubbing pad as well. Then rinse off with vinegar to sanitize and remove any remaining baking soda . On all ceramic dishes, stainless steel and the stove. Done it that way for years and years.

these are great
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/worl ... #store=248
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2260 posts
1849 upvotes
kevinshalfpenny wrote: Looks good. Can you use this on stainless steel appliances?
You can use it on stainless items (sinks, pots, etc.) but I wouldn't use it on stainless appliances.

gumby wrote: I use the powder on a lot of things, especially in the bathroom - sinks, tub, shower, faucets, glass wall/door, shower floor, tiles. It works really well, better than all other cleaners out there, removes soap scums and leaves a shine where other bathroom cleaners failed. I also have the liquid soft cleanser (not the cooktop cleaner) but it does not do as good a job as the powder.

Home Depot absolutely has the best price on the powder, CT and other retailers sell it for double the price. FYI, the cooktop cleaner sells for about $7-$8 at other retailers so the savings on Amazon is a stretch!
https://www.thebay.com/product/barkeepers-friend-multipurpose-cooktop-cleaner-0600086002908.html?dwvar_0600086002908_color=WHITE
https://well.ca/products/bar-keepers-friend-cooktop-cleaner_88465.html

https://www.barkeepersfriend.com/how-to-clean-a-stove-top/
https://experthometips.com/uses-for-bar-keepers-friend
6 Things You Should Never Do with Bar Keepers Friend
Damn you and your diligence. But unless you pick up in store you forgot to add on delivery charges.
A lot more people have Amazon Prime for free delivery.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2478 posts
755 upvotes
Gta
jrshopper wrote: I use the powdered everywhere. The liquid needs to be shaken extremely well before each use or you will end up with a rock of powder in the bottom after all the liquid is squeezed out. My kids can't seem to grasp that concept so now I hide the liquid for my use only.

When the border was open I'd buy 12-18 cans at Target/Walmart as it's ~$2 a can twice the size of the Home Depot one. Obviously not worth a trip just for BKF but I'd stock up when there. Am almost out so great to know that HD has such a great price.
Years ago I used the liquid and was not too impressed...didn’t think it did anything different then Vim and as you said, it turned into a rock at the bottom and was kind of useless after that. For 2.24 I’ll give it the powder a try and see if I have better success.
Koodo member
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2005
1359 posts
156 upvotes
Markham
Used the powder to clean allclad stainless steel pots and pans. Works great!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1988 posts
1838 upvotes
Montréal
Kyle_87 wrote: Used the powder to clean allclad stainless steel pots and pans. Works great!
I love this combo. Its like a miracle come to earth. BKP is overpriced on the internet, buy it locally (HD). My hanging pots and pans are decoration.

Top