• Feb 20th, 2019 1:30 pm
[OP]
May 3, 2015
53 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

[Amazon Canada] Battle Angel Alita all volumes $6.99 Kindle version

Hi everyone,
I heard great things about the manga and found this! Great if you read off your devices and don't want to spend the $30 for the hardcopy.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18742 posts
3365 upvotes
GTA West
Just to clarify, this is $6.99 per volume, and there are 9 volumes.
At first I thought all volumes together were $6.99 total. Face With Tears Of Joy :facepalm:

For those who shifted their Amazon Kindle store to USA, the same deal is on Amazon.com under the same ASIN.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Aug 19, 2018
993 posts
1064 upvotes
Also just in case you don't know. The story didn't actually end in this collection. This series is ended because author had medical problem and had to work on other project. The last chapter was rushed to finish.

They later retconned the chapter and continued the series under the name "Battle Angel Alita: Last Order" which is just as good at the original, if not better.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1479 posts
637 upvotes
Quebec
Just as good if not better? That's not how I remember it, but I have only read the first two books. Any one else can comment?
Sep 30, 2007
106 posts
45 upvotes
Saint-Constant, Qc
Cucumference wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 11:19 pm
Also just in case you don't know. The story didn't actually end in this collection. This series is ended because author had medical problem and had to work on other project. The last chapter was rushed to finish.

They later retconned the chapter and continued the series under the name "Battle Angel Alita: Last Order" which is just as good at the original, if not better.
I second that!

Bought the paperback manga books when I was a teenager. A few years ago, I stumbled upon the "Last Order" chapters online. The first chapter describes that the author is asking readers to forget about the original ending and is continuing the series.
Just search for any online manga reader in google with "Battle Angel Alita: Last Order". Again, just as good if not better :)
Jun 7, 2017
884 posts
2033 upvotes
New Brunswick
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 10:57 pm
At first I thought all volumes together were $6.99 total. Face With Tears Of Joy :facepalm:

For those who shifted their Amazon Kindle store to USA, the same deal is on Amazon.com under the same ASIN.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
2377 posts
423 upvotes
Thornhill
I think it's also worth mentioning that all volumes are part of the Kindle Unlimited program. So $9.99 per month gets you all of these volumes for free [if you cancel after the trial period]. Win-win! :)
May 18, 2005
548 posts
66 upvotes
Even the Last Order is not with a solid ending. Now a prequel (might be with sequel of Last Order) called Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle is being published regularly (monthly? biweekly?)
Nov 17, 2009
36 posts
15 upvotes
Go watch the movie if you haven’t already! It’s a great adaptation of the manga
Jan 19, 2017
367 posts
591 upvotes
warpee wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 9:31 am
Go watch the movie if you haven’t already! It’s a great adaptation of the manga
Honestly from Mediocre reviews and bitching on Reddit, my friend literally had to drag me to see it and i really liked it! Pleasantly surprised!
Apr 20, 2015
66 posts
69 upvotes
Aurora, ON
RedSwagDeals wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 11:23 am
Honestly from Mediocre reviews and bitching on Reddit, my friend literally had to drag me to see it and i really liked it! Pleasantly surprised!
I liked it, but feel that the flashbacks and or the sequel they lead up to, would have been a better movie than what we got. It was a solid...middle movie?
Jun 7, 2017
884 posts
2033 upvotes
New Brunswick
JakeMills wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 11:30 am
I liked it, but feel that the flashbacks and or the sequel they lead up to, would have been a better movie than what we got. It was a solid...middle movie?
I hate sequel bait in movies that aren't guaranteed successes, especially for manga/anime adaptations. Try working on (and hoping for) a nice profit before expecting a sequel that may never happen.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1309 posts
264 upvotes
Vancouver
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 10:57 pm

That makes a huge difference... title should say per volume.