Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] $125.99 (39% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 2:32 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] $125.99 (39% off)

Amazon has a Deal of the Day on Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] for $125.99 (reg. $206.43 on Amazon.ca, $219.99 on BestBuy.ca)

Excellent scifi series and I highly recommend it if you collect Blu-rays.

DVD set is also on sale for $97.99 (27% off).
24 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19235 posts
17863 upvotes
GTA, ON
GREAT GREAT series.

The price seems fairly high though. I'm quite sure it's been a lot cheaper before from Amazon UK
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19235 posts
17863 upvotes
GTA, ON
Andro wrote: Much cheaper here, been this price for a while too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0027U ... ref=plSrch
Could be a mistake in the description but it says on the Amazon page 1978 which was TOS. One hopes it isn't the original series versus the rebooted one we all love.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
chimaican wrote: Could be a mistake in the description but it says on the Amazon page 1978 which was TOS. One hopes it isn't the original series versus the rebooted one we all love.
I am currently watching this set, its the new one
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
I paid less for this years ago.

One thing I like so much about this series is that it is shot in various places in Vancouver, I am trying to tell where those places are when I am watching it.
Dec 31, 2016
127 posts
168 upvotes
All the seasons are on CraveTV last time I checked. I paid 4$ for the month and watched all the seasons.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19235 posts
17863 upvotes
GTA, ON
Desna99 wrote: All the seasons are on CraveTV last time I checked. I paid 4$ for the month and watched all the seasons.
Ahhhh.... but was it in true lossless audio DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtracks? :D
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
Desna99 wrote: All the seasons are on CraveTV last time I checked. I paid 4$ for the month, and watched all the seasons.
70+ 40min episodes + movies in one month? You sure got lots of spare time if you watched all seasons in 1 month...
Dec 31, 2016
127 posts
168 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Ahhhh.... but was it in true lossless audio DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtracks? :D
Not sure what HD Master Audio is but i'm sure it was 5.1, this show is pretty old so the audio and CGI is showing its age (especially season 1).
Andro wrote: 70+ 40min episodes + movies in one month? You sure got lots of spare time if you watched all seasons in 1 month...
Why you gotta judge me Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
Desna99 wrote: Not sure what HD Master Audio is but i'm sure it was 5.1, this show is pretty old so the audio and CGI is showing its age (especially season 1).

Why you gotta judge me Smiling Face With Sunglasses
I am admiring your RFD spirit)

BTW I am on Season 1 on bluray and quality is awesome. Too me, it can easily pass for a recent show.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
For those thinking about if they want to invest time or money into this, stop and buy if you like sci-fi. A must-watch.

I love the soundtrack so much, i bought premium audio desktop speakers at work and relax to the music in my office.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
superxxxstud wrote: For those thinking about if they want to invest time or money into this, stop and buy if you like sci-fi. A must-watch.

I love the soundtrack so much, i bought premium audio desktop speakers at work and relax to the music in my office.
I agree the music is excellent. My ringtone currently)

I thought Stargate Atlantis was hard to top, but this does the trick, even if marginally.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Andro wrote: I agree the music is excellent. My ringtone currently)

I thought Stargate Atlantis was hard to top, but this does the trick, even if marginally.
I also very much enjoyed all of the Stargates, including SGU. As I have repeated a few times, I feel Stargate was more mystical and adventurous whereas BS is a darker tone but a better overall production.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7803 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
Such a good series. So many fond memories being hung over in university while watching this in bed. I think the only show that tops this is The Wire. Also, Grace Park.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
unshavenyak wrote: Such a good series. So many fond memories being hung over in university while watching this in bed. I think the only show that tops this is The Wire. Also, Grace Park.
Once i finish up BSG, and have already watched stargate, TNG, firefly -- im not sure where to head. What else is must-see sci fi?
Jan 27, 2011
608 posts
574 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: Once i finish up BSG, and have already watched stargate, TNG, firefly -- im not sure where to head. What else is must-see sci fi?
depends, ron moore (who is the guy behind bsg) was the show runner for deep space 9, which is probably most similar to BSG - however, it is worth mentioning that the first couple seasons the show is trying to find its footing before things really take off.

i generally prefer film when it comes to sci-fi.