Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Amazon.ca/BB/Cineplex] $15 Matrix collection w/$8 off Ready Player One/Rampage ticket (&other $8+ Warner titles =FREE)

Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Amazon.ca/BB/Cineplex] $15 Matrix collection w/$8 off Ready Player One/Rampage ticket (&other $8+ Warner titles =FREE)

Expiry:
April 14, 2018
Good deal on the Matrix, will be replacing the DVD version :) going to see Ready Player One with the wifey, looks like it's limited to one per account...time to visit/shop at BestBuy...lol
$15 4 Film Favourites: The Matrix Collection lowest according to 3xCamel, Bestbuy has the trilogy collection at the same price

BestBuy has $10 The Goonies / Gremlins 1 & 2
For other titles (more or less the same as Amazon's), on the left column, under Features, check "Movie Money Included" or visit in-store.

Amazon.ca:
$8 Pacific Rim / $20 3D
$8 Godzilla / $25 3D
$8 Iron Giant
$8 Beetlejuice

$10 Mad Max: Fury Road / $15 Mad Max: Fury Road 3D
$10 San Andreas / $25 San Andreas 3D
$10 Innerspace
$10 Gremlins

$15 Kong: Skull Island / $28 Kong Island 3D
$15 Mortal Kombat trilogy
$15 Clockwork Orange
$15 Twister
$13 The Legend of Tarzan / $28 Tarzan 4k

All include $8 credit/off movie ticket ("movie money" as Bestbuy calls it)
Couldn't find the promo page on Amazon.ca, information gathered from searching movie money on Bestbuy.ca and from Bestbuy.com on Slickdeals

Amazon promotion details:
Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) [April 14, 2018].
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.ca or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.ca" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.ca" or "Prime Eligible".
Offer does not apply to digital content.
Offer good while supplies last.
Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
Offer limited to one per customer and account.
Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional code. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional code.
Promotional code expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) [April 14, 2018] or when "Ready Player One" or "Rampage" is no longer available in theatres.
Promotional code only applies to qualifying item sold by Amazon.ca.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
Let me know if you find more.

Cineplex's redemption page and fine print:
www.cineplex.com/readyplayeronerampage
This unique promo code is VALID ONLINE ONLY at www.cineplex.com/readyplayeronerampage for $8.00 off to see READY PLAYER ONE OR RAMPAGE only. To determine the dollar off value of the promo code refer to the sticker found on the Blu-ray or DVD purchased. Valid for showtimes March 29, 2018 until the earlier of either June 30, 2018 or when RAMPAGE is no longer available in theatres. One promo code per transaction regardless of the number of tickets purchased. Each promo code is valid for one time use only. Any cost above $8.00 (including taxes) is the consumer’s responsibility. Payment may be made by debit card, credit card or Cineplex gift card. No cash or credit given on transaction where the total value is less than $8.00. This offer cannot be transferred to another film or combined with any other promotion, coupon, voucher or special discount offer. Promo code is NOT eligible to earn SCENE® points. Paid admission tickets in your order earn SCENE points as per standard earning terms. 2 redemption limit per person. Offer cannot be redeemable for cash and are not valid for re-sale. TICKETS PURCHASED WITH THE PROMO CODE ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. NO TIME EXTENSIONS ARE ALLOWED. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER BEFORE PURCHASE. ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY.
Last edited by Daijoubu on Apr 1st, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2017
1176 posts
2195 upvotes
Clever marketing from Warner Bros (though yes I know studios have done this before) since this sort of thing makes the most sense for this reference-heavy movie.. Though they should have made deals with every big movie they referenced in the movie to do a similar deal. Could get repeat viewings after people see the Easter eggs they missed.
Feb 5, 2007
425 posts
353 upvotes
The terms of the offer look confusing. It says limit one per account and person. Any idea if I buy 2, 3, or 4, will I get as many $8 vouchers back or will I only get one?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Thing that sucks about Amazon is you can only get one code per account usually, regardless of how many movies you buy. OTOH if you buy these in a B&M you can get as many $8 codes as you buy movies. I don't get why Amazon has that restriction but it's dumb. Last time I got codes using Amazon I had to order the 2nd movie with a different account and then the movie didn't ship until after I was going to see the theatre movie and Amazon doesn't send you the code until they ship (as opposed to when you order)! So I essentially had to forego the $8 and never used it. Would have bought the movie at B&M instead but strangely no Best Lies had the same BD with the sticker on it.

Anyway just a heads up for people that are looking to get more than one code.

Oh and also the 3Ds here seem to be a rip off when it's $8 for the standard and then $25 for the 3D :rolleyes:
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Crap, didn't see the 1 per account, I thought it was a sticker like at Bestbuy, tried to cancel Pacific Rim but it's already preparing for shipment, lots of these titles are sold out on BestBuy and require you to buy more for free shipping, maybe I'll have to drop by a B&M store to hunt them down lol

Let's see if I get one or more e-codes (if both are shipped that is)
Feb 5, 2007
425 posts
353 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: Crap, didn't see the 1 per account, I thought it was a sticker like at Bestbuy, tried to cancel Pacific Rim but it's already preparing for shipment, lots of these titles are sold out on BestBuy and require you to buy more for free shipping, maybe I'll have to drop by a B&M store to hunt them down lol

Let's see if I get one or more e-codes (if both are shipped that is)
Thanks, please keep us in the loop as my own purchase depends on the offer. It might be one per account per movie as the offers are independent on the movie, not the offer.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
2363 posts
3541 upvotes
Smokem wrote: Thanks, please keep us in the loop as my own purchase depends on the offer. It might be one per account per movie as the offers are independent on the movie, not the offer.
Confirmed only one per account. Got only one "Benefit Confirmation" for four movies ordered.

All of them are in one shipment so the other three can't even be refused and will have to be returned.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
gshrfd wrote: Confirmed only one per account. Got only one "Benefit Confirmation" for four movies ordered.

All of them are in one shipment so the other three can't even be refused and will have to be returned.
I contacted via chat and got this:
Amazon: Thanks for waiting.
I've checked our records and confirmed that both the items are comes with the code.
This code was offered by Marketing and promotion team.
In order to get this code, I've submitted a form to them and they will contact you with the code and more details soon.
Finger crossed...they'll get back to me within 24/48h.
Stock on BestBuy.ca is very scarse, don't feel like heading in store to scan the shelves and hunt down those with the sticker lol.
Feb 5, 2007
425 posts
353 upvotes
I went to a busier Best Buy yesterday and picked up three movies with the sticker, wasn't too difficult to find (not many people seem to know of them yet). Ordered one from Amazon that BB didn't have.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Iron Giant now $8 as well, my Amazon inquiry was futile so far, the Marketing and Promotion team just sent me back that same code.
I tried to reply but it got to Amazon.com...recontacted Amazon.ca and they've sent a second form with reference to the first one so they can send me a 2nd code...otherwise I'm having my brother order another movie for me lol

Found more titles on Google...still limited to one per account
Added Bettlejuice, Clockwork Orange, Innerspace, Gremlins, The Legend of Tarzan and Twister

On bestbuy.ca, when browsing blu-ray, on the left column, under Features, check "Movie Money Included" or visit in-store.

The Marvel titles (Wolverine, X-men, etc) are to see Deadpool 2
Last edited by Daijoubu on Apr 4th, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Went to Bestbuy yesterday, still have stocks

This is a good deal, triple features: The Goonies, Gremlins 1 & 2 for $10
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/th ... 26992.aspx?

Westworld Season 1 also came with movie money, not sure about the price (not listed online, seems to be around $35-40)
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Thanks OP, ordered two copies of Gremlins Goonies 3 Pack, 1X Iron Giant and 1X Mad Max for $38 from Bestbuy. If I can get at least $24 of movie tickets out of this, I'll be happy.
Would rather have ordered less, but Bestbuy shipping charges are crazy so I needed $35. They wanted $15 to ship three blu rays to Mississauga!

Too time consuming to check out Bestbuy stores and I find that the Blu ray stock of local stores is tiny compared to what it once was.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
From past experience with these sorts of coupons, you may be able to use them towards another movie of your choice but it YMMV depending on your cashier. Once both Ready Player One and Rampage are out of the theaters the coupons are probably dead.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Kurtz7834 wrote: From past experience with these sorts of coupons, you may be able to use them towards another movie of your choice but it YMMV depending on your cashier. Once both Ready Player One and Rampage are out of the theaters the coupons are probably dead.
Says online redemption only, but yes, it is to go watch either movies real soon, Ready Player one has been playing for a week only, seems to be doing well so most likely will play for sometime, Rampage is only coming out next week
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Redeemed both my codes, one per transaction, so I had to buy the second ticket in a separate incognito session at the same time for an UltraAVX reserved seating.
Paid an extra $3.25 per ticket for UltraAVX 3D, not bad!

As per Cinemablend, worth seeing in 3D with a rating of 33/35 points.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Too time consuming to check out Bestbuy stores and I find that the Blu ray stock of local stores is tiny compared to what it once was.
Yeah this is because any converted stores (to their newer format), which is basically all stores I've seen in the GTA have the media section entirely removed, replaced with some tiny shelves basically with new releases and overpriced other movies. The last one that had the full media section that I know of was the Woodbridge one and they remodelled that one now as well, so media section is gonzo :(

Even online, Best Lie has really downplayed their Movies & TV section, putting it under Video Games or something now and they go OOS on stuff a lot. I think it's over for physical media and Best Lie.

Sad because the US stores still have a pretty decent media section, and they have decent deals. Last time I was there I bought a few BDs and ended up getting some of them free because of promos and I didn't even know of the promos lol. Looked at my receipt after and thought the guy didn't scan stuff but turned out they just happened to be part of a buy-2-get-1 select titles promo.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
How long does it take for Amazon to send you the code? Do they send you the code after the Blu-ray is shipped?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
fujiapplelover wrote: How long does it take for Amazon to send you the code? Do they send you the code after the Blu-ray is shipped?
Yep

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)