Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] BedStory 12.5 inch Gel Spring King Mattress $339.99! No taxes + Free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2020 10:57 am
[OP]
Jun 23, 2009
224 posts
224 upvotes
Hamilton

[Amazon.ca] BedStory 12.5 inch Gel Spring King Mattress $339.99! No taxes + Free shipping

Pretty hot deal for those looking for a King size mattress with a top gel layer for coolness and memory foam hybrid with coils.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 28th, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added a retailer
46 replies
Aug 13, 2006
182 posts
43 upvotes
They had 2 beds on lightning deals yesterday. Could of had a king under 300ish. Just diff models. Sorry i should have posted lol. I only knew cause had some on my wishlist. But the one i really want hasnt been on a deal yet (charcoal gel foam one)
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3431 posts
1190 upvotes
BC
Sure, why not. That is cheap asf so I'm not expecting a winner bit it's impossible to know without trying it since mattress reviews are basically useless. Thanks OP
Jun 5, 2016
521 posts
576 upvotes
Feegus wrote: Sure, why not. That is cheap asf so I'm not expecting a winner bit it's impossible to know without trying it since mattress reviews are basically useless. Thanks OP
What will you do if you don't like it? I cant imagine returning a mattress to Amazon is an easy process?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3431 posts
1190 upvotes
BC
fremmy wrote: What will you do if you don't like it? I cant imagine returning a mattress to Amazon is an easy process?
Just need to call in and set up a large item return. They'll set up a pick up. Ezpz
Oct 14, 2017
585 posts
578 upvotes
fremmy wrote: What will you do if you don't like it? I cant imagine returning a mattress to Amazon is an easy process?
Feegus wrote: Just need to call in and set up a large item return. They'll set up a pick up. Ezpz

The more important question is how will you get it back in the box? Isn't this one of those mattress in the box compressed?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1210 posts
814 upvotes
Nepean
I bought the Zinus Queen mattress from Amazon. After about a month it was just obvious that it wasnt for us so I contacted Amazon and they refunded me the entire amount and told me to do whatever I wanted with the mattress. Ended up getting my refund and selling the mattress. Obviously, this might not be the case with everyone.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2517 posts
547 upvotes
I have a queen that I picked up in October and use for the guest room - these are surprisingly comfortable and really great quality. Just had guests over a week ago that commented on how great their backs felt after a night on it.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13312 posts
25160 upvotes
Scarborough
Feegus wrote: Sure, why not. That is cheap asf so I'm not expecting a winner bit it's impossible to know without trying it since mattress reviews are basically useless. Thanks OP
The queen is only $260 and my current mattress is terrible. Worth a shot at this price.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1219 posts
395 upvotes
These are garbage.

Bought a double and never expanded to its full height. Supposed to be 10" but went to 9" max. One corner went to 7".

There is ABSOLUTELY NO EDGE SUPPORT. Expect to roll off the bed.

Don't waste your money or kill the environment with this trash.
Dec 8, 2007
36 posts
32 upvotes
Pickering
I returned a mattress once with Amazon just recently but another brand. The send you the refund and ask you to give the mattress to a local charity or dispose it.
Apr 23, 2016
268 posts
277 upvotes
Kelowna
bizzyseller wrote: These are garbage.

Bought a double and never expanded to its full height. Supposed to be 10" but went to 9" max. One corner went to 7".

Not sure why but that is an absolutely hilarious disclaimer.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3431 posts
1190 upvotes
BC
bizzyseller wrote: These are garbage.

It's rare to find edge support in a foam mattress. IT'S JUST ONE OF THE TRADE OFFS BRUH.
Jul 21, 2005
239 posts
133 upvotes
Kitchener
i have a king size bedstory from the last sale that went for $298. No edge support is no doubt an issue but it was surprisingly comfortable. I found a king size Novaform topper (costco brand) at K&K's in Wellesley for $105 which basically solved the no edge support problem. It added a few more inches as well so the mattress setup is a good height again. My corners did not raise all the way either, they curl a bit but the topper makes it a non issue again.

also, the bedstory in the OP is 12.5 inches, the one i have and the one the previous poster is talking about is 10" (we likely have the same one.) This one may be a bit different and may work out good. The OP's is marketed as luxury as well. I'd roll the dice on this one too
Something something dark side...
Oct 24, 2005
768 posts
95 upvotes
Is this a better buy for my tenants than the Zinus for a fully furnished rental? Zinus hasn't been on sale for a long time, and I'm concerned about the stories about offgassing like crazy for long time. I have to buy a queen and a double in the next few days.