Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Belkin 8 foot, 6-outlet power bar with commerical surge protection 38% off - $16.82.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2020 4:13 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 24, 2017
691 posts
1475 upvotes
lel

[Amazon.ca] Belkin 8 foot, 6-outlet power bar with commerical surge protection 38% off - $16.82.

Good evening all,

Belkin currently has various products on sale, 30 to 40 percent off. I bought these as they are quite cheap and have surge protection, but have a look around if you want something more hefty (coaxial protection, etc)
Last edited by Pingalino on Dec 26th, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
62 replies
Jun 12, 2010
167 posts
304 upvotes
I had a weirdly specific need for a power bar with a longer length of cable and this might just meet my requirements. I was waiting for this to restock and the order finally went through, but might refund it and go with yours instead... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B082JHB9PP/
Deal Addict
May 15, 2005
1069 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
There's a history of fires with this specific power strip because of the rotating plug if you Google it
Dec 30, 2007
820 posts
219 upvotes
I have several of these around the house with no issues.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2017
691 posts
1475 upvotes
lel
optimum wrote: There's a history of fires with this specific power strip because of the rotating plug if you Google it
Thanks for this input. This is why I post things. So I found a government website from 2009, and then another random website I'm not sure is credible. I see that there was a recall over a decade ago, but is there more updated info that shows that this is a hazard? I know it's not the best to have stuff plugged in permanently in the first place, but id like to place my faith in electrical standards of our country that would issue a recall if this still were an issue. Thoughts?
Jun 8, 2018
77 posts
43 upvotes
How recent? The articles I can find are from 2015.
Nov 23, 2017
38 posts
40 upvotes
I like the rotating plug on Belkin's but the way the sockets are oriented, they don't work well with bulky plugs like Apple's or external desktop HDDs.
Jul 13, 2007
265 posts
73 upvotes
Calgary
IdyarOmnipotence wrote: Not to be that guy in the thread but I lost 2 monitors to this power bar during a surge (black out) just a week ago.

I am switching to Tripplite now - spending a bit more money but I just lost 500$ in monitors so probably a good investment.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/revi ... protector/
Can you not claim the damage insurance? I thought these usually pay out if they fail, but I've never had to try claiming.
Jul 24, 2011
132 posts
100 upvotes
TORONTO
Waiting on it now! It's not the best time of year to be doing customer support though so I don't expect them to be fast.
Oct 4, 2005
207 posts
129 upvotes
Pingalino wrote: Thanks for this input. This is why I post things. So I found a government website from 2009, and then another random website I'm not sure is credible. I see that there was a recall over a decade ago, but is there more updated info that shows that this is a hazard? I know it's not the best to have stuff plugged in permanently in the first place, but id like to place my faith in electrical standards of our country that would issue a recall if this still were an issue. Thoughts?
I have a belkin surge protector and have never had issues with it not this specific model but I do see the first review on the page says:
I bought 3 of these because I live in a very small environment, so there's funiture against every wall. The usual powercord sticks out the wall and I can't push the furniture against it without breaking the cord, so I needed one with a flat end.

The material looks sturdy and they worked right away, but the part you plugg in is very sensitive and doesn't always work, I have to play with the angle of the cord and if you touch it, or put a tiny bit of pressure on it (like sitting on furniture that is leaning against the outlet) it turns it off, which is a big disappointment. I've had other models by other companies in the past and never experienced this issue.

Update: It constantly turns on and off. I
constantly have to find the right angle for the rotating head, so it's not 360° rotative. I hate is because I connect my CPAP on it, which is essential to me at night.

Tonight, will I was sleeping, I awoke to this crackling sound. To my horror I found the heand of the plug producing small blue flames. I don't use it anymore as this has now become a fire hazard.
If you look at some of the other one star reviews they describe similar issues all in the past couple of years so take for what it's worth. But I do agree that with our standards this shouldn't be an issue and surprising a brand like Belkin hasn't issued a recall.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2017
691 posts
1475 upvotes
lel
purebluejapan wrote: I posted this last year, was only $10.99. for the black one in 4ft.

Deals kinda cold IMO. I'd wait till amazon has a lower price for the 4ft cord.

amazon-ca-belkin-6-outlet-home-office-s ... 9-2340150/
Did you actually look at it? This is for 8 foot, which is always more expensive.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1210 posts
396 upvotes
MARKHAM
Pingalino wrote: Did you actually look at it? This is for 8 foot, which is always more expensive.
Yes I did look, I usually have no need for 8ft.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14393 posts
4073 upvotes
Scarberia
surge protectors have NOT gone down in price lol... u used to get 10$ ones with like 10 outlets and usb ports!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>