Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Bell Sports 26" Bicycle Tube ($4.98) (64% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2020 7:23 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2007
46 posts
17 upvotes
Cottage Country

[Amazon.ca] Bell Sports 26" Bicycle Tube ($4.98) (64% off)

For anyone like me that has too many kids and/or too many bicycles with constant flat tires this is a great deal. I bought 4.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 10th, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
21 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1476 posts
1695 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thanks! Prefect timing since I just got a flat on Sunday
Jan 15, 2016
596 posts
605 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Just saw this today coz was also looking. Good deal. Cart has snowballed into other bike components. Wallet unsafe.
Sep 20, 2011
89 posts
312 upvotes
goozy1 wrote: Thanks! Prefect timing since I just got a flat on Sunday
Don't change the tube cuz you got a flat, see if you can patch it. If the hole happened on a seam, then it might ideal to change the tube. Just my two cents.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1011 posts
474 upvotes
Thanks op. Now where can I buy tires for cheap?
Oct 30, 2017
317 posts
337 upvotes
London, ON
Great find! I was looking for this over the summer and every place (Sportchek, Canadian Tire, Walmart, local bike shops etc.) were sold out!
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3593 posts
816 upvotes
GTA North
Dammit, I just bought it from Amazon for about 11 bucks installed it the last week.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Dec 25, 2006
605 posts
458 upvotes
Winnipeg
26" tubes are less than $6 at my local bike shop - this ISN'T that great of a deal.......
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Dec 25, 2006
605 posts
458 upvotes
Winnipeg
CanRulez wrote: Thanks op. Now where can I buy tires for cheap?
Look on Kijiji, etc
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2872 posts
4043 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
qwerty17327 wrote: Don't change the tube cuz you got a flat, see if you can patch it. If the hole happened on a seam, then it might ideal to change the tube. Just my two cents.
In warm weather sure. Or if you can find a place to go indoors in the winter to do a patch sure. But if you're out in the field in winter and can't bring the bike indoors to do a repair having a spare tube and some overhead shelter or shelter (ie bus shelter) makes it easy to swap and not wait for the glue to dry or if it will even set in those conditions.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2872 posts
4043 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
775681 wrote: Great find! I was looking for this over the summer and every place (Sportchek, Canadian Tire, Walmart, local bike shops etc.) were sold out!
That's why you always keep spares. Always a good idea to keep 2-3 spare tubes + patch kit at home. If you're lucky and your route or daily riding or have good tires don't puncture out (you never can know the road conditions or if there are glass/nails there or not) then it's not a bad idea to buy one new tube each year.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Jul 19, 2012
148 posts
250 upvotes
Victoria
Poepoies wrote: Except MEC tubes are the worst tubes on the planet. Even random tubes off aliexpress are better.
Haha... sorry, disagree. Never had a problem with MEC tubes. Bell gear has always seemed low end to me, a bit like Coleman.
Feb 14, 2006
726 posts
809 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
pokeyshabadoo wrote: Haha... sorry, disagree. Never had a problem with MEC tubes. Bell gear has always seemed low end to me, a bit like Coleman.
Continental tubes went flat just as fast as my mec tubes did, not sure what constitutes a good or bad tube outside that criteria.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54664 posts
19456 upvotes
Haven't replaced the blown tube on my daughter's bike two years ago lol.

Package is different now.

Those rubber patches didn't work.
Mar 5, 2009
336 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
qwerty17327 wrote: Don't change the tube cuz you got a flat, see if you can patch it. If the hole happened on a seam, then it might ideal to change the tube. Just my two cents.
I tried to get a patch kit recently and it was more money than a new tube.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3912 posts
3085 upvotes
Ottawa
Tubes (26"-27"/700c) are usually around $6-$8 for Bontrager everyday at Bushtukah (got 2 of 700cx35-44 for $8/ea plus AE $5 off Shop Small). Don't just assume that Amazon has better prices even when discounted, check your local bike stores.

Here's an example: 26x1.75-2.25 schrader or presta $5.99
https://shop.bushtukah.com/product/bont ... 8567-1.htm
https://shop.bushtukah.com/product/bont ... 6235-1.htm