Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Benq projector HT3550i $1800

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2021 10:31 am
[OP]
Mar 17, 2006
427 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal
Maybe I should choose TK 850i instead.
Speaking of price , BB solsd at 2099$ while amazon 1799 when I posted. Right now, BB Amazon all at 1899.
Anyway , 4k pj didnot have huge discount in the past year due to shortage inventory.
MayorOfToronto wrote: This is a fantastic projector with incredible picture quality as long as you keep the ambient light to a minimum. If you want something brighter, they have the TK850i but you do lose some colour accuracy.

Anyway, this price is regular price. Why is this even posted?
Jun 19, 2009
317 posts
709 upvotes
Winnipeg
I got the Benq HT3550 (non i version) back in 2019 when there was a sale for $1799, and this BB promo brought it down to $1399. I think the picture quality and color accuracy is fantastic.
I'm using it right now in a basement theater set up with a $299 Costco Elunevision 120" fixed frame projector screen.

Yes, you want minimal ambient light. I use this pj in a dedicated theater space, with blackout blinds on my big basement windows.

In terms of value for faux 4k. This projector is amazing. I was hoping to get a laser 4k ust pj with an ALR screen, but at 2x the price of this set up, I think this pj will offer exceptional value.

Pros:
price is fair
Color calibrated from factory
4k with pixel shifting
HDR

Con:
HDR not the brightest
Best used in a dark room
fan can be loud