• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2021 1:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1887 posts
11256 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] [Best Buy] Cyberpunk 2077 (Xbox One, PS4) - $29.99

Seems Amazon is price-matching Best Buy, whose sale ends Sept 9 (today EOD).

Deal links:
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 9th, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added a retailer to increase thread visibility
48 replies
Sep 26, 2013
314 posts
623 upvotes
Does the PS4 version offer a free upgrade to PS5 whenever it comes out in 2025?
Feb 7, 2018
124 posts
380 upvotes
Man. This is the biggest disappointment next to COVID.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1377 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
I know that many bugs have been patched, and the game is in much better state. But I still wonder if it's playable on PS4/Xbox One cause the big problem was that the game was simply unplayable on the last gen consoles.
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1216 posts
918 upvotes
This game is great, but still not so much on last gen consoles imo. The upgrade will be free according to CD Project red.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1370 posts
1098 upvotes
Gatineau
does it play well on the series X?
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1216 posts
918 upvotes
Heythumb88 wrote: does it play well on the series X?
It does actually, the graphics are still last gen but its 60 fps.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14928 posts
4500 upvotes
I know it's a US deal, but Best Buy had this game with a steel book for $10.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jan 14, 2013
243 posts
208 upvotes
Ontario
Heythumb88 wrote: does it play well on the series X?
Not yet. Better than launch but Series X patch coming later this year.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5310 posts
5306 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
FleshToast wrote: Not yet. Better than launch but Series X patch coming later this year.
That's not confirmed. They've already told shareholders they can't promise it won't be delayed.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... this-year/

There's no point in buying it at this time if you're still waiting for the next-gen versions.

Also imagine telling someone before this game finally launched last year (without telling them about how bad it was) that it'd hit $30 multiple times less than 9 months after it first released and before the PS5/XSX versions even arrived.
Sep 9, 2008
342 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
hmm temping but digital version would be better, cant be bothered with cds at this point
all your staples coupons are belong to us
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1394 posts
756 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I play on PC and have an overall good experience performance wise. Using the Digital Foundry optimized settings with ray tracing, I'm getting between 60fps and 75fps. The lowest fps is usually when driving at night with all the lights and reflections. Graphics are good, with heavy use of reflections and lighting effects, and Night City is nicely designed. But it's certainly not perfect. The graphics do have this next gen look to them, but if you scratch the surface there are also plenty of low res textures and poorly detailed surfaces. It's good, but not great. I think a lot of the wow effect comes from the lighting, the tall buildings and ray traced reflections and lighting, but otherwise in terms of textures and polish, it's far from perfect.

Character models, outside of cut scenes, are really not that good looking.

Character and vehicle animations are clunky, unnatural, robotic. They don't even have any type of ragdoll animations when you kill or run over people, they sort of just fall awkwardly.

The AI in the game is completely ********, like 2005 type of ********.

I have had some bugs, like everyone else, but nothing game breaking.

When I started playing in December last year, I didn't like it. It wasn't the bugs or technical issues, it was the gameplay. It was clunky, I would have preferred a 3rd person perspective, the combat was janky and unrealistic, the enemies are bullet sponges, the dialog scenes were long and boring. I mean they make you manually cycle through all of the dialog options until you've exhausted them all before moving on. Since nothing you say has any impact on the story, why didn't they just give us cut scenes instead of requiring us to press a button to pick meaningless dialog choices ? I mostly skip the long drawn out conversations, I find them boring.

I picked the game up again a couple of weeks ago, after months of giving up on it. And little by little, I started to appreciate it. I still don't think it's the masterpiece we were promised, but it is engaging. I started getting attached to some of the characters. I keep wanting to come back to the game until I finish the story and most of the side quests. To be perfectly honest, I've switched the difficulty to easy, as I don't want to spend any more time in crappy combat sequences than I absolutely have to, but I've started to like the game.

I think calling the game an RPG is a bit of a travesty. There are very few RPG mechanics, it seems to me more like a looter shooter than anything else.

It's a good game. It didn't deserve all the hype, but it also doesn't deserve all the hate. I don't know if I'll want to play it again after I finish it, but... maybe. The ambiance is great, the world they've created is beautiful and very artsy. I like a lot of things about it. If only the gameplay was better, with better AI, and better animations, and a 3rd person perspective, and if the developer had not spent the last 5 years lying about the game, it would have definitely scored higher for me. I don't know if they can fix that with patches, probably not.

At $30 and under, I'd say it's a buy if you have a next gen console or a good gaming PC. The game runs decently well on next gen consoles in back compat mode, with mostly 60fps.
Sep 8, 2010
300 posts
556 upvotes
Calgary
Only heard bad things about this game, but at that price, I will try for sure
Nov 7, 2011
705 posts
626 upvotes
British Columbia
Tommyyy wrote: Man. This is the biggest disappointment next to COVID.
Yes paying a low price for a sick game is the same disappointment as the worst thing to ever happen to our generation....
Apr 29, 2013
420 posts
617 upvotes
Candiac
chemicalxv wrote: That's not confirmed. They've already told shareholders they can't promise it won't be delayed.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... this-year/

There's no point in buying it at this time if you're still waiting for the next-gen versions.

Also imagine telling someone before this game finally launched last year (without telling them about how bad it was) that it'd hit $30 multiple times less than 9 months after it first released and before the PS5/XSX versions even arrived.
Was tempted to purchase for series x. Guess I'll wait a little more. Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1992 posts
1951 upvotes
Tommyyy wrote: Man. This is the biggest disappointment next to COVID.
and its still sold over 20 million copies
Jan 15, 2012
155 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
Pretty interested in this, but read that many people are experiencing motion sicknesses with this game, which I'm quite prone to, so probably this game isn't for me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5236 posts
3573 upvotes
Toronto and London
When is the next (current) Gen update due?