• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2020 10:21 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1275 posts
433 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] BETTY CROCKER Pizza Maker $24.97

Lowest price ever according to 3 camels.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
38 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1820 posts
10350 upvotes
Another gadget or "thing" to store... this is essentially just an electric non-stick frying pan with a lid.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1588 posts
589 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Another gadget or "thing" to store... this is essentially just an electric non-stick frying pan with a lid.
There’s no heating element in the lid?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3751 posts
2072 upvotes
GTA
Looking at customer pictures in their review, this might be the worst cooking device ever.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1275 posts
433 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Another gadget or "thing" to store... this is essentially just an electric non-stick frying pan with a lid.
LOL this is not for everyone for sure. I happen to have a need for it - wife wants to try a few recipes and I am happy to oblige.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2537 posts
1656 upvotes
GTA
If you have an oven, you’re better off buying a pizza stone. There you’ll be able to make some delicious pizza.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12553 posts
7293 upvotes
Markham
This is like a GeorgeForeman grill without the grill marks. Imagine it can be use for a sandwich "press" of sorts as well. Maybe quick cooked pancakes?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Feb 24, 2017
40 posts
65 upvotes
Burnaby
Beats having to heat up your stove to bake a pizza. I make pizza once a week and I figure I could recoup the price fairly quickly. Either that or use a toaster oven.
Jun 7, 2011
256 posts
218 upvotes
Orangeville
ghostsafe wrote: Beats having to heat up your stove to bake a pizza. I make pizza once a week and I figure I could recoup the price fairly quickly. Either that or use a toaster oven.
Until you use it once and wish you used the oven. Look up some video reviews on it before buying so you know what you're getting into. If you like what you see, then go for it.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3163 posts
1651 upvotes
West Coast
ghostsafe wrote: Beats having to heat up your stove to bake a pizza. I make pizza once a week and I figure I could recoup the price fairly quickly. Either that or use a toaster oven.
Air fryers are great for quick reheating. Crisps up nicely too.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Sep 25, 2015
489 posts
834 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sorry for hijacking the thread but I’m looking to buy a pizza stone to use in my oven. Does anyone have suggestions?
Sep 25, 2015
489 posts
834 upvotes
Toronto, ON
More thread hijacking: A pizza recipe from an Italian ...
So here are the ingredients for 1 pizza:

220gr "00" Flour
30gr "0" Flour
150ml warm water
8gr fresh yeast (beer yeast) or vinegar plus baking soda
Salt (1 small spoon or less)
Sugar (less than 1 small spoon)
1 large spoon vegetable cooking oil

*Warm the water
*Put the fresh yeast and the sugar inside the warm water
*In a bowl put the flours, the salt and the vegetable cooking oil
*Add the water, yeast and sugar
*Mix everything for 10 minutes, add some "00" flour when needed (not too much! it's ok when the pizza dough can keep the shape but it's still a little sticky on the outside)
*Clean another bowl, put the pizza dough inside and cover it with a wet and hot towel (squeeze the towel before using it!). The towel must not touch the dough directly and no water must drop from it.
*Leave the covered bowl inside the oven (powered off) for at least 6 hours.
* After 6 hours check the dough, it must be double in size now.
* Turn on the oven at the maximun temperature, no fan and the heating on from the top and bottom. The oven must be really hot.
* "Wash" you hands with some flour and take the dough out off the bowl gently.
Don't mix it or press it, it's important to do it in the right way.
To do that look at this video (only the first minute), it's in italian but you can just watch:
*When ready if you don't use the pizza stone i suggest you to use a normal oven tray
*Put the pizza on the oven tray and add a mix of tomato sauce, salt (little bit) and olive oil (little bit) on it
*Add the mozzarella (Cow milk) in small pieces
Last edited by RedStrikeCa on Apr 21st, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1066 posts
466 upvotes
Vancouver
gr8dlr wrote: This is like a GeorgeForeman grill without the grill marks. Imagine it can be use for a sandwich "press" of sorts as well. Maybe quick cooked pancakes?
When was the George Foreman grill capable of putting grill marks on meat?
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12553 posts
7293 upvotes
Markham
turbo_slug wrote: When was the George Foreman grill capable of putting grill marks on meat?
It's always been a Grill with ridges to move oil away from meat
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 16, 2019
114 posts
135 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote: When was the George Foreman grill capable of putting grill marks on meat?
Well, when you grill something using a press with ridges on both sides you will end up with grill marks on the item. If that item is meat then voila!

I hope that helps clear up any confusion.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1274 posts
2390 upvotes
Montreal
A while back walmart had this on liquidation for 20$ (ymmv).
Picked one up and in my opinion this device works great.
I was never the type to heat up a large oven just to cook a pizza and this works well.
Makes a crispy crust.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1066 posts
466 upvotes
Vancouver
Chonksplonket wrote: Well, when you grill something using a press with ridges on both sides you will end up with grill marks on the item. If that item is meat then voila!

I hope that helps clear up any confusion.
But the biggest issue with the George Foreman grill is that it's a cheap pos that doesn't produce and hold enough heat to make tasty grill marks.
Jan 5, 2015
59 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Just get the pizza steel ‘stone’, so much better than the stone. And do it on the bbq.
Images
  • 97CE1B92-0E1C-4AC7-ABFA-831854264186.jpeg
  • 928E48CB-A3E4-4679-BBF6-DAE9EAD06FF3.jpeg