Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro - 636$ lowest price ever

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 4:00 pm
Jan 7, 2011
789 posts
272 upvotes
If you do a blind test with HD598, you typically cannot tell any difference once you go higher in the realm of headphones. You can tell the difference if you're experienced, but most won't be able to.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Mar 18, 2008
508 posts
155 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: Thanks for the explanation. TIL open back headphones have better sound quality than closed ones. Used to think isolation from outside improves sound quality....
It depends on the models being compared, but putting the drivers in closed cups creates additional problems for headphone builders to deal with, such as cup reverb and closed in sound stage, so it's generally easier to make a good open back headphone.
Mar 6, 2018
107 posts
57 upvotes
Good find OP. So want these if I didn’t buy a pair of DT 770 pro just two months ago. Any one want to take them off my hands for 25% off retail? No corona here. :)
Feb 2, 2017
425 posts
492 upvotes
Brea wrote: If you do a blind test with HD598, you typically cannot tell any difference once you go higher in the realm of headphones. You can tell the difference if you're experienced, but most won't be able to.
This makes no sense. Headphones all have their own sound signature. It would be easy to tell the difference between headphones even in the same brand or line. There are huge diminishing returns going above $300, but more expensive headphones still tend to sound better. Going from DT880 -> DT1990 -> T1, each headphone up was only marginally better overall, but the presentation as a whole becomes much more complete. Is it worth it? That depends on the person. I can't go back to my DT880 after owning my T1.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2392 posts
1514 upvotes
Montreal
PerformingAzura wrote: Well I am using a desktop PC, and my onboard audio has a mode for an audio device over 110ohms.... (so I guess I do have an amp?)
That would make more sense then. Yes your sound card can act as an amp.