Jul 11, 2015
1 posts
2 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS

Beyerdynamic T51i Closed Headphones $221.59

Deal Link:
Price:
$221.59
Cheapest these headphones have ever been in CAD (retails for $300 USD).

Currently even cheaper than Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-T51i ... B00K0PLQ9E

If you are in need of portable closed-headphones these are fairly new and have rave reviews. :D

* edited Amazon.ca
17 replies
May 22, 2009
588 posts
1060 upvotes
Canada
you have amazon.com in title but the link is amazon.ca. Title might put off people or confuse
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2194 posts
843 upvotes
These look great and the reviews are fantastic! I just bought a pair of Monster DNA Over Ear (pro) on clearance at Best Buy though . . .as an upgrade from Audio Technica M50 headphones, which I really like. The Monster headphones are definitely better (but not nearly as comfortable) but their regular price was much higher than the M50s.

As mentioned, these have great reviews and the price is pretty solid. How much better would they be than the Monster headphones though? They would cost a good bit more money, no doubt about it.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3603 posts
4721 upvotes
Oakville
Beyerdynamics is an acoustic brand name power house like STAX, Ultrasones, etc.
Monster is a *****ty marketing ploy to get you to buy an inferior product.
It's like trying to compare an Audi RS4 with a fully loaded Ford Fusion...

You should sell your Monsters and buy these.
feminazi wrote: These look great and the reviews are fantastic! I just bought a pair of Monster DNA Over Ear (pro) on clearance at Best Buy though . . .as an upgrade from Audio Technica M50 headphones, which I really like. The Monster headphones are definitely better (but not nearly as comfortable) but their regular price was much higher than the M50s.

As mentioned, these have great reviews and the price is pretty solid. How much better would they be than the Monster headphones though? They would cost a good bit more money, no doubt about it.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2194 posts
843 upvotes
I was leery of reading this thread because I knew it would tempt me to return the Monster headphones and buy these . . .the DNA are actually pretty well reviewed and for the clearance price are worth the money. For their regular price they are a ripoff . . .
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
7180 posts
242 upvotes
Wow these are pretty ugly. Beats sale just ended but it might be worth it to wait for another one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3627 upvotes
Toronto
neutral wrote: Wow these are pretty ugly. Beats sale just ended but it might be worth it to wait for another one.
If your priority is to get a pair headphones that look good but sound like giant subwoofers with no mid-range for more than their worth(even on sale), then get Beats... If you want something to sound good and are still desperate to have them look good, check out the Momentums before the first gen disappear entirely(unless you have large ears).
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2286 posts
316 upvotes
NB
I also bought the Monster DNA Pros and I really like them. I also own the Senheiser HD580 and the Shure 840. Honestly, they all sound great, but the Senheiser's are the most comfortable of them all.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
7180 posts
242 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: If your priority is to get a pair headphones that look good but sound like giant subwoofers with no mid-range for more than their worth(even on sale), then get Beats... If you want something to sound good and are still desperate to have them look good, check out the Momentums before the first gen disappear entirely(unless you have large ears).
Yikes they are as ugly as these ones. And only on sale in one ugly color on amazon. Hopefully there is another Beats sale soon for those who need big sound in a sleek, stylish design.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3627 upvotes
Toronto
neutral wrote: Yikes they are as ugly as these ones. And only on sale in one ugly color on amazon. Hopefully there is another Beats sale soon for those who need big sound in a sleek, stylish design.
To each their own, I find the Momenum very nice looking, even in the brown. V-Moda M100 are too bassy for my taste but still way better sounding than Beats, might be more up your alley though they don't go on sale much. General rule of thumb with Beats is 80% of what you're paying for is marketing and looks, they're not typically considered good investments if you're looking for sound quality.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2006
2051 posts
125 upvotes
I owe this headphones. Great sound, highly recommend. One big problem though - a very poor build quality. Made in Germany, go figure. :cry:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
7180 posts
242 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: To each their own, I find the Momenum very nice looking, even in the brown. V-Moda M100 are too bassy for my taste but still way better sounding than Beats, might be more up your alley though they don't go on sale much. General rule of thumb with Beats is 80% of what you're paying for is marketing and looks, they're not typically considered good investments if you're looking for sound quality.
I've seen a breakdown of knock off Beats, and I believe these people, even after admitting those Beats were fake, assured us that the real ones are exactly the same. Not sure if I trust these people. Anyways, I'd be curious to see a side by side breakdown though of Beats vs one of these more critically lauded brands. I'd add though that looks and marketing are very different things. The looks of a product isn't a superfluous detail.
Feb 13, 2004
823 posts
158 upvotes
Montreal
Debated getting these over the HD25-1 II, ultimately decided to get the Senns which are fantastic but at this price I might just have to get the Beyers as well.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3627 upvotes
Toronto
neutral wrote: I've seen a breakdown of knock off Beats, and I believe these people, even after admitting those Beats were fake, assured us that the real ones are exactly the same. Not sure if I trust these people. Anyways, I'd be curious to see a side by side breakdown though of Beats vs one of these more critically lauded brands. I'd add though that looks and marketing are very different things. The looks of a product isn't a superfluous detail.
I never said Beats are specifically bad headphones, I just said you're paying more for sound and marketing than you are for audio quality. Particularly because Beats are loud and boomy and the mid range tends to get washed out as a result. Maybe it's because I don't listen to electronic music but I prefer the bass in my headphones to be more controlled and in line with the rest of spectrum so that it doesn't overpower the rest of the mix but maybe that's just me.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2194 posts
843 upvotes
I think a lot of people are confusing Beats with Monster because of their long association. They parted ways years ago and their new products (DNA) are much, much better than the Beats headphones they produced together. Pretty much every review says as much and that they are a great headphone for the money if you get them on sale.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7227 upvotes
Love BD headphones. I currently have the DT1350. I wonder how the T51i compares...will head over to HeadFi.