Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Bike Repair Tool Kit, Yakaon 16 in 1 Multifunction Bicycle Repair Kit Heat-Treated Cycling Maintenance Tool $10 Reg $24

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1087 posts
4907 upvotes
Vancouver Island

[Amazon.ca] Bike Repair Tool Kit, Yakaon 16 in 1 Multifunction Bicycle Repair Kit Heat-Treated Cycling Maintenance Tool $10 Reg $24

https://www.amazon.ca/Multifunction-Bic ... B07QPR7L3J?

Was: $23.59
Deal Price: $9.99
You Save: $13.60 (58%)

28 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1084 posts
2349 upvotes
lel
I have one of these. They're p good. True RFD secret though: once I ditched the retro 70s bike (well, it was stolen) and bought a new one, my bike maintenance dropped to almost nothing, even with a daily commute. Esp with Kevlar tires.

Anyway this is good to have in a pinch, if you know what you are doing
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Oct 20, 2019
792 posts
1599 upvotes
Ottawa
Top 2 reviews are concerning. I'd avoid.
Oct 22, 2008
398 posts
356 upvotes
Gatineau, qc
I like the pic that suggests you can keep this huge thing in your pockets🤣🤣
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7484 posts
4089 upvotes
Toronto
Pingalino wrote: I have one of these. They're p good. True RFD secret though: once I ditched the retro 70s bike (well, it was stolen) and bought a new one, my bike maintenance dropped to almost nothing, even with a daily commute. Esp with Kevlar tires.

Anyway this is good to have in a pinch, if you know what you are doing
Tell me more about Kevlar tires? No flats? How much are they and which do you recommend?
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10641 posts
4736 upvotes
Ontario
Dollarama has a similar tool for $4
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4000 posts
3191 upvotes
Ottawa
Looked up the reviews, looks like very low quality so I'll pass. Don't want a useless junk when you actually need it.
Jul 29, 2015
258 posts
257 upvotes
Saskatoon
I have the multitool part. It's.. OK. The sockets don't stay on the stick thingy very well. Almost had a heart attack changing my car battery and the socket fell into the engine bay. But I've used the tool here and there because I don't want to buy a real set of tools. It's gets the job done with some finesse.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24724 posts
199403 upvotes
GTA
This looks identical to the one included with a bike I purchased, and I would not recommend. Even with the minimal assembly that was required for that bike, I wound up resorting to my full size allen key set because the keys came loose in no time. I believe a couple of them are also not gripping as well now as they have become rounded.

Yes, it might be more expensive, but I would say it's likely going to be better to put together your own toolkit from higher quality pieces (may or may not be as important depending on how much/where you ride).
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1362 posts
2067 upvotes
Hammonds
fightbriz wrote: Tell me more about Kevlar tires? No flats? How much are they and which do you recommend?
Ive ran them for a few years. No flats. Regularly ride over broken glass and nails without hesitation. Careful they will still embed, easily cut you carrying up stairs or scratch your apartment floor. Should not make it to the inner tube unless it's on the sidewall.schwinn made the ones i've bought. Either its effective or since install in 2018 i've been exceptionally lucky.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7484 posts
4089 upvotes
Toronto
Ruciz wrote: Ive ran them for a few years. No flats. Regularly ride over broken glass and nails without hesitation. Careful they will still embed, easily cut you carrying up stairs or scratch your apartment floor. Should not make it to the inner tube unless it's on the sidewall.schwinn made the ones i've bought. Either its effective or since install in 2018 i've been exceptionally lucky.
So the kevlar is on the tread part? And doesn't wrap to the side i assume (which is why you said "unless on sidewall")?
Nov 5, 2018
456 posts
419 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
So the kevlar is on the tread part? And doesn't wrap to the side i assume (which is why you said "unless on sidewall")?
Generally speaking, the side wall material is thinner than the tread. I don't have an answer to your question though
Last edited by Ferinthu1 on Aug 8th, 2021 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2797 posts
494 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3524 posts
3667 upvotes
Mordor
is that a bike repair tool in your pocket or you just happy to see me?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2051 posts
5170 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm in the market for one of these, but I'm gonna pass. This seems like a poor-quality product.
Jul 18, 2006
856 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
I have two of these. I would pass. The plastic casing is weak and you will eventually shatter it when your are using the hex heads to do various things. Its also annoying to use, individual tools are better. Also, the portability isnt really needed. What bike repairs are you going to do on the road? Probably just swapping out a flat. Just bring a pump and some tire levers then.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1831 posts
1249 upvotes
GTA
fightbriz wrote: Tell me more about Kevlar tires? No flats? How much are they and which do you recommend?
im using a set of Schwalbe Big Apples and Schwalbe Marathons. the Big Apples I had them since May and no flats. for the Marathons i had them since 2018 and maybe 3 pinch flats at the rear.
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Feb 10, 2006
424 posts
328 upvotes
Andro wrote: Dollarama has a similar tool for $4
there are hundreds of small factories in YiWu china making similar things like this, lowest price will be $4 at Dollarama where I buy if found, or you can pay double from Amazon