Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Bike Tubeless Tyre Sealant Muc-Off 1 litre $30.99 Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2021 8:06 pm
[OP]
Sep 17, 2018
452 posts
459 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Bike Tubeless Tyre Sealant Muc-Off 1 litre $30.99 Amazon

Huge discount on a product that is hardly in stock locally. First time it's went on sale since 2019+.

Tubeless sealant can be used with tubeless compatible rims and tires with a special valve to remove the tire tube and replace it with a glue that remains liquid in the tire carcass. It removes unsprung rotational mass and allows the tire to self heal small punctures by filling them with the sealant.

A tubeless upgrade is one of the best dollar cost average upgrades you can make to your bike if you have compatible equipment.

Be aware 6 month shelf life once opened, and a litre is a huge amount. I've successfully used Stan's brand after 2+ years personally and intend to use this with the same expectations.

Support your local bike store & get engaged with your local community for riding, trail building, and conservation efforts.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 19th, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
25 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2334 posts
527 upvotes
That's a lot of sealant. Anyone of yall want to split a bottle?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8025 posts
3161 upvotes
baymoe wrote: That's a lot of sealant. Anyone of yall want to split a bottle?
I'll split with you if you can make my 2 wheels tubeless :)

I think i just need rim tape and tubeless valves for my fulcrum nites.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7778 posts
4516 upvotes
Toronto
Can you convert any fixie road bike to tubeless? Or specific tire and wheel only?
Aug 2, 2010
104 posts
68 upvotes
Calgary
Good deal, I paid $26 for 1 pint of Stan's. That being said, could I mix Muc off and Stan's? I don't want to have to clean out what's in my tires now
Mar 8, 2017
237 posts
515 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Can you convert any fixie road bike to tubeless? Or specific tire and wheel only?
AFAIK, you need a tubeless ready wheel. For the tire idk if you need a specific "tubeless ready" tire.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7778 posts
4516 upvotes
Toronto
dalex100 wrote: AFAIK, you need a tubeless ready wheel. For the tire idk if you need a specific "tubeless ready" tire.
Any link to a recommended one?

So does this stuff stay a liquid sloshing around inside the tire?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1405 posts
2170 upvotes
Hammonds
Was watching a video on this stuff.. if you ride a few times a week it'll last the life of the tire. In storage expect about 4 months before it'll begin to dry up? Is that how tubeless works? Use it or lose it?

Mar 8, 2017
237 posts
515 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Any link to a recommended one?

Sorry I haven't look into it enough to give a recommendation. I just know they exist and how they work. Yes the liquid stays liquid inside the tire and fills the holes when you puncture,
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1185 posts
1312 upvotes
Surrey
fightbriz wrote: Any link to a recommended one?

They all work about the same. The problem is some of the tires are more porous than others so some requires more sealant than others to coat the inside of the tire. Continental tires are very porous. I am using them on my trail bike...won't be buying them again. I have been using stans for years without issues. There will be some liquid sloshing around. You'll need it for if and when a puncture occurs. It will self seal and works really well. I've had a few on the trail and have been able to keep riding.

It does eventually dry out over time so you may need to put more in.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1185 posts
1312 upvotes
Surrey
Ruciz wrote: Was watching a video on this stuff.. if you ride a few times a week it'll last the life of the tire. In storage expect about 4 months before it'll begin to dry up? Is that how tubeless works? Use it or lose it?

For the most part yes. But eventually the sealant does dry up even with regular use. I have to top off every now and then. You can do that through the valve. Just remove the valve stem and inject some with a syringe.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1185 posts
1312 upvotes
Surrey
fightbriz wrote: Can you convert any fixie road bike to tubeless? Or specific tire and wheel only?
There are kits you can buy to convert. Comes with the rim tape. You'll need the tubeless valves too. If you look on YouTube there's a ghetto way to do it. Search ghetto tubeless. You use duct tape or gorrilla tape to seal off the spoke holes on the rim. You need to clean your rim really well and make sure it has no residues to ensure the tape adheres. Else it will come apart and you will have multiple leak points.

The tires should be tubeless ready. If it isn't, it would take a bit more sealant to get them coated and sealed up inside. You may need a few rides in and will definitely need to pump up the tires a few times as it settles.
Aug 2, 2010
104 posts
68 upvotes
Calgary
Also depends if you guys are running road tires or mountain tires. Mountain bike tires, you can pretty much convert any double wall rims and tires to tubeless since they're usually only inflated 20-30 psi. When you're going to like 90 psi on a road tire, it gets a little sketchy if you're not using tubeless specific rims and tires.
Jan 21, 2013
23 posts
34 upvotes
The 6-month lifetime is inside a tire; I've seen these bottles (if well-kept in cool dark place) last a year, year and a half after being opened. I'd only get the 1L bottle if you expect to do 8+ tire changes in the next 18 months.

Source: I was a bike mechanic.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2010
1022 posts
527 upvotes
Tangerined wrote: Good deal, I paid $26 for 1 pint of Stan's. That being said, could I mix Muc off and Stan's? I don't want to have to clean out what's in my tires now
I believe both are latex based but it is my understanding that you shouldn't generally mix sealants as different manufacturers use different additives, etc. to achieve the seal. Bike shop would know better that I do though.
Aug 2, 2014
814 posts
962 upvotes
Vancity
I bought a half L of stans a few months ago to setup tubeless so I don't need this,but this is a helluva deal for a whole litre. Bike mechs should be all over this.
Aug 2, 2014
814 posts
962 upvotes
Vancity
Rustycage wrote: I believe both are latex based but it is my understanding that you shouldn't generally mix sealants as different manufacturers use different additives, etc. to achieve the seal. Bike shop would know better that I do though.

You're correct, it's inadvisable, unless you're a chemist and get all info on each sealant to make sure there are no conflicting additives, lol
Jul 18, 2007
233 posts
332 upvotes
Markham
Tangerined wrote: Also depends if you guys are running road tires or mountain tires. Mountain bike tires, you can pretty much convert any double wall rims and tires to tubeless since they're usually only inflated 20-30 psi. When you're going to like 90 psi on a road tire, it gets a little sketchy if you're not using tubeless specific rims and tires.
100% this

been tubeless on all mountain bike tires since 2008, no rubber feels better, rolls faster, wont pinch flat, self sealing..and even more benefits. Ghetto tubeless, etape tubeless, proper rim taped tubeless (dt swiss tape), ghetto valves, stans valves...Stans sealant, stans pro sealant, muckoff sealant, cafe latex, bontrager sealant, finish line sealant.... and many i've forgotten i've used it all.

I'd highly suggest only using TLR specific road components, the rim to bead interface needs to be tight in order to hold 80+psi, also you dont have the same volume of as as a MTB tire. if you burp, you're probably gonna roll the tire off the bead if not using TLR parts.

Mountain bikes, don't matter as much, we were converting them before TLR was a thing

You might get a year out of your sealant, when it stops sloshing it's time to add more

15 years in the industry and i'm mostly out now, though I still dabble with high end builds for former customers

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)