Banned
Sep 23, 2014
153 posts
296 upvotes
Oakville

[Amazon.ca] BioShock: The Collection - Nintendo Switch $29.99 - All time low

Lowest recorded price according to CCC

BioShock: The Collection for Nintendo Switch - $29.99

Look like it is out of stock until Feb 4, but will ship when they get stock next week.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 25th, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: short links are not allowed
19 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11537 posts
8374 upvotes
Oil Country
Best Buy had it for this price a few weeks ago.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1458 posts
664 upvotes
Langley
Hilarious how this on Switch demands over twice as much as the other consoles... Switch has got to be hands down the remaster goldmine
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1540 posts
705 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: Hilarious how this on Switch demands over twice as much as the other consoles... Switch has got to be hands down the remaster goldmine
Also worth adding that only the first game is actually on the cart... The other ones get downloaded to your account and registered to your account.... So the whole point of buying a physical copy(resell later on) is ruined on this game. Same with the Borderlands collection.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4337 posts
4105 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
jbone14 wrote: Hilarious how this on Switch demands over twice as much as the other consoles... Switch has got to be hands down the remaster goldmine
Not really because it's significantly more expensive to produce physical copies for. That's why most of these games bottom out around the $20 or $30 price point for Switch depending on the size of the game card used.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4337 posts
4105 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Scott86 wrote: Also worth adding that only the first game is actually on the cart... The other ones get downloaded to your account and registered to your account.... So the whole point of buying a physical copy(resell later on) is ruined on this game. Same with the Borderlands collection.
Iirc the 64 GB cards still aren't even available and I doubt publishers will be using them much anyways when they finally are released because it'll cost way too much money.

Also that is incorrect for the Bioshock Collection - the cartridge has the intros for all 3 games on it and then you download each of the 3 individually when you want to play them. There is no code that gets tied to your account, so it is resellable.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1458 posts
664 upvotes
Langley
Scott86 wrote: Also worth adding that only the first game is actually on the cart... The other ones get downloaded to your account and registered to your account.... So the whole point of buying a physical copy(resell later on) is ruined on this game. Same with the Borderlands collection.
chemicalxv wrote: Not really because it's significantly more expensive to produce physical copies for. That's why most of these games bottom out around the $20 or $30 price point for Switch depending on the size of the game card used.
chemicalxv wrote: Iirc the 64 GB cards still aren't even available and I doubt publishers will be using them much anyways when they finally are released because it'll cost way too much money.

Also that is incorrect for the Bioshock Collection - the cartridge has the intros for all 3 games on it and then you download each of the 3 individually when you want to play them. There is no code that gets tied to your account, so it is resellable.
Chemicalxv you just cemented it as hilarious/ridiculous for me at least. A physical copy that doesn’t actually have the game? Just an intro for a massive premium? I have a Switch and this makes zero sense to me. Switch is cool don’t get me wrong, but they focus way too much on remasters.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4337 posts
4105 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
jbone14 wrote:

Chemicalxv you just cemented it as hilarious/ridiculous for me at least. A physical copy that doesn’t actually have the game? Just an intro for a massive premium? I have a Switch and this makes zero sense to me. Switch is cool don’t get me wrong, but they focus way too much on remasters.
This is the cost of getting multi-platform collections on Switch if you want anything above 360/PS3 graphics and Nintendo not allowing differences in the regular price between physical versions and the eShop.

It's the area where the console starts falling apart.

E: Also that doesn't even include games like LA Noire that require an install as well because R* used a 16 GB cartridge instead of the 32 GB (the game is 29 GB total) to keep the cost down for themselves to make more money.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1683 posts
3157 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: Best Buy had it for this price a few weeks ago.
Ya. Looks like this is going to be the new regular sale price for this game. Black Friday price. Then New Year's price. And now, end of Jan price?
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11537 posts
8374 upvotes
Oil Country
Skilas wrote: Ya. Looks like this is going to be the new regular sale price for this game. Black Friday price. Then New Year's price. And now, end of Jan price?
Likely... I'll wait for it to drop to $20 before buying.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1143 posts
2447 upvotes
Toronto
All time low was $19 at Walmart in September/October
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4337 posts
4105 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
OVOSound wrote: All time low was $19 at Walmart in September/October
I don't remember it being part of that game clearance thing they had going on but if it was that's not being repeated any time soon.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4337 posts
4105 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
ManCaveGamer wrote: Does it use the touchscreen?
No, it doesn't use the gyroscope either.

Basically the only selling point on Switch vs PS/Xbox consoles is that you can play it portable.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1254 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
dont see it for the price. Seeing $49.99. What am I doing wrong?
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4337 posts
4105 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Sales over or they ran out of stock
Jan 19, 2017
501 posts
790 upvotes
I absolutely hate it. they port Wii U games and then charge more than they were on Wii U. Not to mention the switch tax for all third party ports. I love my Switch but it seems purchases requires more critical thinking lately.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2881 posts
1277 upvotes
Kingston
I have to say that I wish these were a bit cheaper but the portability premium is fine by me right now. I really do like the Switch way more than I thought I would.