Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Convection Oven | $24.88

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2020 12:48 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1575 posts
4117 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Convection Oven | $24.88

In case anyone's looking for a small toaster oven.

• Capacity - The interior fits a 9” pizza, four slices of bread, or a variety of other snacks and meals.
  • EvenToast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time.
  • Four Cooking Functions - Choose from convection bake, broil, toast, and keep warm.
  • 30-Minute Timer - The 30-minute cooking timer features a stay-on function for longer baking tasks, and a precise toast timer with shade options.
  • Included Bake Pan and Broil Rack - The included bake pan and broil rack fit perfectly in the toaster oven.
ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
16 replies
Apr 11, 2007
385 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
Some reviews say it can catch fire or emit toxic smoke.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Dave25 wrote: Some reviews say it can catch fire or emit toxic smoke.
Kind of a negative I'd say...
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5398 upvotes
Oakville
michelangelo88 wrote: In case anyone's looking for a small toaster oven.

• Capacity - The interior fits a 9” pizza, four slices of bread, or a variety of other snacks and meals.
  • EvenToast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time.
  • Four Cooking Functions - Choose from convection bake, broil, toast, and keep warm.
  • 30-Minute Timer - The 30-minute cooking timer features a stay-on function for longer baking tasks, and a precise toast timer with shade options.
  • Included Bake Pan and Broil Rack - The included bake pan and broil rack fit perfectly in the toaster oven.

Waiting for "For $450 more I would just get a Breville Smart Oven" comments.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
nomorepenniestopinch wrote: This isn't a convection oven, despite the title.
Actually it is a convection oven. All ovens are convection ovens except when using the broil function. The confusion arises due to ovens with fans (forced convection) being called "convection" ovens.

There are three ways heat is transferred: radiation, conduction, and convection. Ovens with fans drastically increase the amount of convection, but without a fan, they are still convection ovens.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Noooo! I bought this for $40 @ superstore. Last week. Must find receipt
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
RSole wrote: Actually it is a convection oven. All ovens are convection ovens except when using the broil function. The confusion arises due to ovens with fans (forced convection) being called "convection" ovens.

There are three ways heat is transferred: radiation, conduction, and convection. Ovens with fans drastically increase the amount of convection, but without a fan, they are still convection ovens.
Actually all ovens are radiation ovens (conventional) unless they have a fan (convectional) ovens. It's easy to get confused.

The heat source in a regular oven is stationary usually radiating heat from a heating element in the bottom of the appliance. While in a convection oven a fan circulates air all around the appliance.
Last edited by kr0zet on May 20th, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
As someone who doesnt use a microwave, i need something like this. Not just for toast, but to reheat food, just for me or for 2. I just think it tastes much better.

I think this type of thing isnt meant to cook, and i bet the people who say it sucks tried to actually cook something in it.

I got it, thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
RSole wrote: Yes, they do transfer heat by radiation when the elements are heating up the oven itself and maintaining the temperature, but the main function of the elements is to heat the air in the oven and to cook food through air convection. The oven walls also transfer some heat by radiation but the amount is minimal. Those ovens with fans should technically be called "forced convection" ovens.
As the hot air contacts the food in the oven it then transfers heat by conduction. A fan brings more hot air in contact with the food, more than passive convection would.
Not arguing the mechanics mate, just correcting the terminology.
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
kr0zet wrote: Not arguing the mechanics mate, just correcting the terminology.
Actually I wrote based on my incorrect knowledge. Apparently, radiation is the main source of heat transfer in a regular, non-convection oven. I do hope I sounded authoritative, though completely wrong.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
Dave25 wrote: Some reviews say it can catch fire or emit toxic smoke.
I'm not surprised. I globally stoped buying B&D products because I found them unreliables.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2010
1123 posts
1546 upvotes
Victoria
Had one. I don't recommend it. It caught fire once and ended up in the trash. Save your money and your home. There is a reason it is so cheap.

Thanks,
Cal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)