Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

- Black & Decker Alkaline Cordless Screwdriver - $10.19 w/ free shippin

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2016 5:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2005
4413 posts
2223 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] - Black & Decker Alkaline Cordless Screwdriver - $10.19 w/ free shippin

This was on sale before and it looks it's back on sale again with free shipping.

Pretty good price for a battery powered screw driver with 2 of the popular bits (flat and philips)

https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Decker-AS6N ... crewdriver

This one is with 20 pcs Bit set for $16.98

https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Decker-71-7 ... crewdriver

If you need the bits, then it's worth it to pay $6 for the additional bits.
Images
[AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz |RTX 3070ti FE | Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD & WD BLUE 4TB | Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
RFD Ebay HoFo Heatware
14 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 24, 2007
894 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I had this one. Got it as a combo pack with stud finder. It is very uncomfortable to hold. I never use it, it is easier to use just normal screwdrivers.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 13, 2002
19345 posts
997 upvotes
In the situation that you need to apply pressure, this one is more comfortable to hold ...
Image

I own both models and found them fairly convenient. I use rechargeable NiMH in them. For certain tasks, cordless drills are "too" powerful.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 14, 2010
108 posts
68 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
That 20 piece set is my go to housewarming gift, it has great utility.

Had one for years, very comfortable, great power for a little screwdriver and easy to use.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9339 posts
7542 upvotes
Kitchener
Black and Decker should just go out of business already. It's basically the RCA of tools now :(
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2009
1925 posts
1815 upvotes
maritrunks wrote: This was on sale before and it looks it's back on sale again with free shipping.

Pretty good price for a battery powered screw driver with 2 of the popular bits (flat and philips)

https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Decker-AS6N ... crewdriver

This one is with 20 pcs Bit set for $16.98

https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Decker-71-7 ... crewdriver

If you need the bits, then it's worth it to pay $6 for the additional bits.

I don't see any free shipping for this (unless you spend 25$ total on amazon.ca) ?¿
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32047 posts
13560 upvotes
Meh AA/alkaline screwdrivers are a bit passe.

Every once in a while CT has their little 3.7V Li-Ion powered driver on sale for like $15 or so and it's a great little driver. One of the few CT/Mastercraft power tools I'd recommend. Trust me it's much better than the B&D AA unit in the OP (my sister had one of those and it wasn't that great and isn't that nice to use either). I've given a few away as gifts and everyone loves it.

They have a newer version of the ones I had bought, but basically the same thing I think with a different casing. The reg. price is something stupid like $50 but just wait for a sale and it's much cheaper.
Member
User avatar
Nov 29, 2003
379 posts
148 upvotes
North York
ES_Revenge wrote: Meh AA/alkaline screwdrivers are a bit passe.

Every once in a while CT has their little 3.7V Li-Ion powered driver on sale for like $15 or so and it's a great little driver. One of the few CT/Mastercraft power tools I'd recommend. Trust me it's much better than the B&D AA unit in the OP (my sister had one of those and it wasn't that great and isn't that nice to use either). I've given a few away as gifts and everyone loves it.

They have a newer version of the ones I had bought, but basically the same thing I think with a different casing. The reg. price is something stupid like $50 but just wait for a sale and it's much cheaper.
Are you talking about this? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 2500p.html
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2004
991 posts
374 upvotes
> This one is with 20 pcs Bit set for $16.98

I bought the above for about a buck or two more at Walmart a few months back. I have it in a kitchen drawer and use it often. It's light and slim compared to a cordless drill. This unit won't replace a cordless drill + bits as the torque isn't anywhere near what a cordless drill can put out. I would estimate that the torque that this can put out is about 20-25% of what you could do using a screwdriver and your hand.
Jr. Member
Oct 13, 2015
195 posts
108 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
IntrepidRT wrote: Black and Decker should just go out of business already. It's basically the RCA of tools now :(
Suprisely, Black&decker is owning DeWalt tools. Its another name is Stanley Black and decker.

This tool is good to use except its super slow/nonadjustable speed.
Sr. Member
Jan 10, 2007
561 posts
738 upvotes
Price is now $9.59 for any one sitting on the fence.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28644 posts
14196 upvotes
Kind of tempted for $10 although my last battery powered screwdriver sucked.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
4203 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
Worth $10 for sure, if you want the bits as well that same SKU is for sale @ walmart for $17

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)