Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station - 2-Burner - Propane Fueled $ 248.00

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
2640 posts
4004 upvotes
Laval

[Amazon Canada] Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station - 2-Burner - Propane Fueled $ 248.00

Blackstone 1517 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station - 2-Burner - Propane Fueled - Restaurant Grade - Professional Quality $ 248.00

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009971BM6
25 replies
Feb 8, 2011
580 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
If they had a side burner version I would be all over this!
Oct 26, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
Since this is a flat top, you can put your pots directly on the cooking surface, so you don't really need a side burner. I have a 4-burner model from a different manufacturer; these are grills are great for making smash burgers!
Jan 27, 2015
253 posts
335 upvotes
King City, ON
A lot of the later reviews seem to indicate that the grease drain was moved to a hole in the rear, unlike the unit in the picture, which has the grease draining out the front. Not sure if that makes any difference to use or performance.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2836 posts
904 upvotes
Montreal
I really like this idea, but there seems to be quality control issues
Last edited by marc_t on Jul 4th, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Nov 23, 2006
43 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
Keepjov wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 2:08 pm
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... S0QAvD_BwE

Is this one better?
They're all the same model number, so I think this is just the updated version. Not sure which one you'll get if you buy from Amazon or Walmart, but with BBB you should get the updated version (and maybe use the 20% off coupons? not sure if they work for this).

Edit: Can't use coupons, it's already price matched to that price.
Aug 3, 2004
175 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been looking and researching for a good price on a 4 burner griddle. The best I can find base on price is https://www.homedepot.ca/product/nexgri ... 1001209787 $310 vs Black Stone $489-$499. From what I gather the nexgrrill griddle is hot rolled and the Black Stone is cold rolled.
Base on this video cold rolled is far superior...does it matter for griddle? I have no idea. I also like to add a review that I found online NexGrill https://www.bbqdryrubs.com/nexgrill-28- ... le-review/
Oct 6, 2018
70 posts
39 upvotes
Thanks OP
I ordered from BBB
Now I just need a deal on a Weber natural gas bbq and my backyard is complete
Dec 10, 2012
737 posts
367 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I bought one from Walmart 2 days ago, well built simple design, rolled steel cooking surface makes up most of the weight, nice and solid feel.

Can reach up to 600 F. May need to adjust the igniters to make sure all burner tubes ignite.

What was a pleasant surprise is how fast beacon cooked, nice and crispy. Have cooked smashed burgers, chicken strips, chicken fried rice all with good results.

Keeping my receipt hoping Walmart will drop the price within 30 days.

Tip on seasoning the grill: you can use your Benzomatic T8000 to help season the edges and areas that do not evenly blacken with just using the burners. Make even seasoning all over the cooking surface.

Made a cover out of spare engineered floor strips, that will also function as a side table when not covering the top.

Lots of tips and techniques on cooking on youtube.
Mar 21, 2005
283 posts
110 upvotes
GTA
Can this be left outside without cover or do I need to buy one to protect from weather?
Dec 10, 2012
737 posts
367 upvotes
Richmond Hill
coolnut wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 8:00 pm
Can this be left outside without cover or do I need to buy one to protect from weather?
the grilling surface can easily rust exposed to water. Definitely needs to be protected from the elements.

If not using it for winter I would take the grill off and store it in a dry location. Handle it similar to cast iron