• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 2:40 pm
[OP]
Oct 26, 2014
25 posts
48 upvotes
Windsor, ON

[Amazon.ca] Blackstone Griddle Accessories - 5 Piece 31.58

Blackstone. Signature Griddle Accessories - 5 Piece Professional Grade Grill Griddle BBQ Tool Kit with FREE Recipe Book - 2 Spatulas, 1 Chopper Scrapper and 2 Bottles
22 replies
Aug 28, 2012
28 posts
15 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Wow, 12,000+ reviews. Is this a good, trusted brand or another Amazon brand?
Dec 25, 2006
565 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
I'm not sure I see the deal here - $10 each for two spatulas, one chopper and a couple free/cheap plastic bottles?
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1406 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
imadghani wrote: Wow, 12,000+ reviews. Is this a good, trusted brand or another Amazon brand?
Blackstone makes griddle, they don't make the accessories. They just buy them from somewhere and put their name on it.
[OP]
Oct 26, 2014
25 posts
48 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Cancelled my Amazon order. Buying from PA
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4021 posts
1764 upvotes
Pikaqu wrote: Cancelled my Amazon order. Buying from PA
Amazon is rarely the best price for anything. Most convenient, sure, but not best price.

Also never take their "discounts" at face value.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3202 posts
2987 upvotes
hvc wrote: Amazon is rarely the best price for anything. Most convenient, sure, but not best price.

Agree on the discount but strongly disagree on price. Their algorithm very often (almost always) matches competitors' prices. They may not be the ones initiating the price drop but they get there from the "matching".
Aug 31, 2006
847 posts
627 upvotes
Norilsk
Got my Blackstone griddle for $50. ...

Paid full price $1.25 each for my bottles at dollar tree.
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Dec 18, 2004
194 posts
101 upvotes
Dartmouth
I have this set. Its better than some others. I would recommend but not at this price.

I got mine from Amazon a couple of years ago for $20.17 but $24.99 is about normal.

The handles are firmly attached and haven't come loose. I use about 25 to 30 times per year.
Oct 10, 2020
11 posts
29 upvotes
fiscal-rick wrote: Got my Blackstone griddle for $50. ...
Which griddle did you get? I ordered the 28 inch, it should be arriving on Tuesday,
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11672 posts
3067 upvotes
NoContext wrote: Available at Princess Auto for $24.99 (regular price)

https://www.princessauto.com/en/5-pc-gr ... 0008875783
It was on sale for $20 before and out of stock. Got a rain check but it’s never been in stock in store since.

There’s this... few more pieces. And as someone said, it’s only a name branded on the handles that is the difference.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B086SQSY9P/ref ... dGbZE1G50C

hvc wrote: Amazon is rarely the best price for anything. Most convenient, sure, but not best price.

Some discounts are misleading but most of the time their price is the same as retail sales at the time. Anytime I see an item on sale at bestbuy etc I check Amazon and they’ve dropped their price accordingly. Hard drives, books, pc monitors, even dewalt tools etc, just some of the few I’ve noticed recently.
Last edited by jackass_ca on Jan 24th, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11672 posts
3067 upvotes
fiscal-rick wrote: Got my Blackstone griddle for $50. ...

Paid full price $1.25 each for my bottles at dollar tree.
Used? If not, where... amd yes, also got my squeeze bottles, full price at dollar tree. Recently home hardware had the steam domes on for $4. Whatever their brand that they carry. I had purchased some stainless bowls from dollartree, drilled and attached a wooden knob to make my own but these for $4 are heavier and nicer.

Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4021 posts
1764 upvotes
pongster wrote:
Agree on the discount but strongly disagree on price. Their algorithm very often (almost always) matches competitors' prices. They may not be the ones initiating the price drop but they get there from the "matching".
jackass_ca wrote: Some discounts are misleading but most of the time their price is the same as retail sales at the time. Anytime I see an item on sale at bestbuy etc I check Amazon and they’ve dropped their price accordingly. Hard drives, books, pc monitors, even dewalt tools etc, just some of the few I’ve noticed recently.
Yeah that's what I was getting at, and what I meant by best. Probably could have worded it better.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11672 posts
3067 upvotes
hvc wrote: Yeah that's what I was getting at, and what I meant by best. Probably could have worded it better.
More so though than rarely they are the best price or at least equally as good, don’t have to leave the house and easiest returns IMO.

Dec 25, 2012
546 posts
628 upvotes
Ontario
I can piece this kit together for a few bucks from Dollarama. The spatulas are like $3 . The cheap plastic bottles are like $1. tbh this set is not worth more then $10. Don't overpay.
Dec 28, 2011
383 posts
180 upvotes
OAKVILLE
jackass_ca wrote: Used? If not, where... amd yes, also got my squeeze bottles, full price at dollar tree. Recently home hardware had the steam domes on for $4. Whatever their brand that they carry. I had purchased some stainless bowls from dollartree, drilled and attached a wooden knob to make my own but these for $4 are heavier and nicer.
Do you have a link to the steam domes?
Aug 31, 2006
847 posts
627 upvotes
Norilsk
NoContext wrote: Which griddle did you get? I ordered the 28 inch, it should be arriving on Tuesday,
I got the 28"
From here: walmart-sizzling-hot-blackstone-28-inch ... #p31448273

As terrible as this thread is (please delete mods) there is still good info in that old thread ^ I just linked

Also made a wooden lid for it and use bbq cover over that.
jackass_ca wrote: Used? If not, where... amd yes, also got my squeeze bottles, full price at dollar tree. Recently home hardware had the steam domes on for $4. Whatever their brand that they carry. I had purchased some stainless bowls from dollartree, drilled and attached a wooden knob to make my own but these for $4 are heavier and nicer.
For steam dome, I just use a 5ply pan lid $2.99 at used 2nd hand store.
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Nov 27, 2004
970 posts
74 upvotes
micromen wrote: I can piece this kit together for a few bucks from Dollarama. The spatulas are like $3 . The cheap plastic bottles are like $1. tbh this set is not worth more then $10. Don't overpay.
I have the blackstone branded spatulas with the plastic handle and a scraper with wood handles. From my experience the blackstone spatula is a bit tougher, your'e able to flex and put pressure on it without fear of it permanently bending.

The Princess auto deal is pretty good imo when considering the quality.