Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Blink XT2 Wifi Security Camera Kit (5 pack) $374.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 2:28 am
Dec 25, 2010
982 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Blink XT2 Wifi Security Camera Kit (5 pack) $374.99

Amazon has the Blink XT2 five camera pack on for $374.99, so only $75 per camera. Good deal if you need a number of cameras to cover your property properly. Blink has free cloud storage (limited but adequate) and uses easily replaceable AA lithium batteries.

Currently back-ordered. Order now for stock arriving July 30.

Comparison of battery life, detection rates, and other features of the main battery-operated wifi security camera systems:
41 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1142 posts
1219 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a decent price. I am wondering if it will be a little bit cheaper for prime day? Going to sit on it.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
2356 posts
1558 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered these Monday and received the order Tuesday afternoon.

I wish Canada Post could deliver this fast. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 15, 2006
327 posts
90 upvotes
bam136 wrote: Seems like a decent price. I am wondering if it will be a little bit cheaper for prime day? Going to sit on it.
Rumor is prime day is in Sept
Aug 1, 2009
296 posts
250 upvotes
Ontario
Amazing price, if you feel you need 5 cameras, these look amazing and get great reviews!
Jun 13, 2017
700 posts
468 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
bam136 wrote: Seems like a decent price. I am wondering if it will be a little bit cheaper for prime day? Going to sit on it.
Not sure. According to camel, the lowest for this particular one was $349.99 last August.

I got mine, which was like 1st or 2nd generation for like $300. It was a 3-camera kit.
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Dec 10, 2019
153 posts
126 upvotes
Vancouver
I had these cameras since January and they are pretty good quality. Good part is they can be wire or wireless. Free storage is nice to have. Pros are that they you have to keep clicking to continue the stream of video and if not then it shuts off the live view. There is some lag when you want to view the live view. Sometimes even with sensitivity set it won't detect people walking by, apparently it's heat sensor.

If I had to buy a set of cameras again I'd avoid blink cameras.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1125 posts
257 upvotes
Calgary
Lol, you had me sold in your first few sentences and then did a complete 180.
Nov 26, 2013
55 posts
35 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Agreed the lag was a downfall of these cameras; you'd get a notification shortly after it happened and wouldn't be able to live view until the clip of the event had been sent. There's a beta fix they're calling "early notification" in the settings that seems to have helped however. I've joined a few events in real-ish time.
Considering the cost vs other systems, the wired and cordless capabilities, and the free storage, if you get these at a good price, I would bite.
Mar 21, 2010
589 posts
270 upvotes
I've had these since last November and they are great. The free cloud storage is awesome. It seems they are moving to a pay-per-month model (for the new Blink product) and so hopefully they keep it free.
Nov 15, 2007
694 posts
219 upvotes
I bought this from Bestbuy a few weeks ago. I am going to return it. Problem is that the live view isn't live at all, the delay of the video is about 4 seconds.
Public Mobile + Fido 3GB Tablet Plan
Jul 15, 2019
222 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
PierreV851 wrote: Pros are that they you have to keep clicking to continue the stream of video and if not then it shuts off the live view.
I think you mean this is a con. This is my biggest gripe of the Blink cameras - wish it could let you do continuous surveillance. I guess if you want that then definitely look elsewhere. Otherwise it's decent for the price. You get what you pay for. I have a Blink camera on my front door as well as a Ring doorbell. Kind of redundant but I find it's faster to see live view through Blink than Ring.

I didn't know there was a delay, but maybe YMMV based on network strength?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
2356 posts
1558 upvotes
Toronto
andrewonice wrote: How do these stand up in Canadian winter?
This is a good question.
Batteries don't handle the cold very well, below freezing.

There are companies that sell solar panels (Wasserstein) that will also power and/or charge the batteries in various cameras but they claim that they don't work below freezing.
I've been trying to get an answer out of them, if their battery will still provide power in below freezing temps but they will not answer that question.
Frustrating.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
How do these compare to the Arlo? Anyone have experience with both?

Edit: nevermind, the video was very informative.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1363 posts
336 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
andrewonice wrote: How do these stand up in Canadian winter?
In my experience, very very well. No problems whatsoever last winter outside in a carport and I'm still on the original lithium batteries so nearly 1 year in total now. I'm not using live view very often though.
Feb 5, 2009
53 posts
43 upvotes
DDHLeigh wrote: How do these compare to the Arlo? Anyone have experience with both?

Edit: nevermind, the video was very informative.
I used to have the Arlo, i thought it was garbage. I now have a nest system (not wireless obviously) and everything works as it should. My parents have the Blink and have no issues because they dont live view much instead use it for events which makes it a good system. The batteries last a lot shorter in winter and the one out there back would have to be charged every month or so because of all the birds causing motion events. In the summer every 2-3 months
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
2356 posts
1558 upvotes
Toronto
DDHLeigh wrote: How do these compare to the Arlo? Anyone have experience with both?
They both have similar features (resolution, record audio, can speak to someone through the cameras speaker).
Arlo 2 and newer use special, rechargeable batteries. Arlo 1 use 4xCR123 3V batteries that are currently very expensive.
Blink uses AA batteries.

From my experience, Arlo cameras do not last as long as the Blink when running on battery.
Both allow you to connect external power to the camera,

Arlo charges you for cloud storage but you can install a flash drive in the base station to record to.
Blink includes free cloud storage but they give you only 2 hours (7200 seconds) total storage per sync module.

I read that there's a new sync module coming that will allow you to plug in a flashdrive (like Arlo) but no idea when that's going to be available.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4250 posts
460 upvotes
I installed Blink XT2's and had them nearly 1yr now.

Was running on the original lithium batteries from Oct.-Apr. on the rear and still on the originals at the front. Sometimes they start recording a bit late but otherwise for the price I really like them a lot.