Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Blue Yeti USB Microphone - Blackout Edition $148.98

33 replies
Banned
Feb 9, 2021
21 posts
80 upvotes
Didn’t these used to go for $99?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 31, 2012
1690 posts
1405 upvotes
Guelph
Ah to go back to the prime day this was $47!!!! I sold mine after in collected dust for months, now I'm in the market for one again.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
17074 posts
9201 upvotes
Ottawa
LawEightSix wrote: Ah to go back to the prime day this was $47!!!! I sold mine after in collected dust for months, now I'm in the market for one again.
haha, I bought one for $80 back in the day (way before the prime day deal). Collected dust for years. And now it's used several hours a day. People love how clear my voice comes through.
<insert sig>
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 21, 2007
869 posts
633 upvotes
LawEightSix wrote: Ah to go back to the prime day this was $47!!!! I sold mine after in collected dust for months, now I'm in the market for one again.
same here! Face With Tears Of Joy
Jr. Member
Aug 17, 2019
135 posts
212 upvotes
GTA
They’ve gone the way of the webcam (covid price surge)
That being said I was considering this vs the quadcast (RGB all the things), and settled on the yeti caster (blue yeti + blue compass + radius iii shock mount)

Yeti caster $250 from bestbuy (currently OOS)

OOS at stOOples as well, but coupon may be applicable once restocked?

The combo is a bit cheaper than buying individually (the mic is a bit heavier so not sure how well a $20 cheapo amazon arm would work)
Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2010
382 posts
61 upvotes
Oakville, Ontario
mellowsingh wrote: I bought this for $100 about a year back. Honestly i think they are overrated. Try this instead for cheap:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XQ39XCY/ref ... 7PDXMQNH7P
I picked up that exact mic about a month ago and have used it for some work and personal calls, several people mentioned much better audio quality compared to my Logitech G533 headset and mics built into an Elitebook 840 G4. Only complaint is no removable cord, but the included one is decently long. I have the dial turned a bit past half and sit about 2-3 feet from it.
Jr. Member
Aug 17, 2019
135 posts
212 upvotes
GTA
mellowsingh wrote: I bought this for $100 about a year back. Honestly i think they are overrated. Try this instead for cheap:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XQ39XCY/ref ... 7PDXMQNH7P
This is quite good also! Cable does not detach from the mic end. This was ~$36 late December and does go on sale periodically
Last edited by Hangryhippo on Feb 24th, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Jan 6, 2010
516 posts
632 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Hangryhippo wrote: The combo is a bit cheaper than buying individually (the mic is a bit heavier so not sure how well a $20 cheapo amazon arm would work)
I use the Eastshining boom arm from Amazon. It's better than the other (deceptively similar) cheap arms on Amazon, even Neewer.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B076ZK ... =UTF8&th=1

Notice the raised hinge on the "elbow" for a better tension angle. I've been using it with the Yeti for about a year now, and it hasn't sagged even a millimeter. I don't move it around at all, but if I try, the movement is fluid and with no give or sagging between positions. Very impressed!
Last edited by Deriot on Feb 24th, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Aug 17, 2019
135 posts
212 upvotes
GTA
Deriot wrote: I use the Eastshining boom arm from Amazon. It's better than the other (deceptively similar) cheap arms on Amazon, even Neewer.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B076ZK ... =UTF8&th=1

Notice the raised hinge on the "elbow" for a better tension angle. I've been using it with the Yeti for about a year now, and it hasn't sagged even a millimeter. I don't move it around at all, but if I try, the movement is fluid and with no give or sagging between positions. Very impressed!
Will check that out. Thanks!
Sr. Member
Sep 4, 2014
702 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Defiant001 wrote: I picked up that exact mic about a month ago and have used it for some work and personal calls, several people mentioned much better audio quality compared to my Logitech G533 headset and mics built into an Elitebook 840 G4. Only complaint is no removable cord, but the included one is decently long. I have the dial turned a bit past half and sit about 2-3 feet from it.
Been having trouble with mine doesn't sound clear
Member
Dec 11, 2009
277 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton
Hangryhippo wrote:
This is quite good also! Cable does not detach from the mic end. This was ~$36 late December and does go on sale periodically
mellowsingh wrote: I bought this for $100 about a year back. Honestly i think they are overrated. Try this instead for cheap:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XQ39XCY/ref ... 7PDXMQNH7P

It will be on lightning deal tomorrow according to Keepa:
Upcoming Lightning Deal! Starts at Feb 25, 10:40
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2007
1296 posts
229 upvotes
Calgary
Dabuck wrote: Didn’t these used to go for $99?
I got my silver one from Canadian Tire for $69.99 plus a $20 gift certificate.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 28, 2006
2321 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
Dabuck wrote: Didn’t these used to go for $99?
🥲 Inflation
I love deals
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23370 posts
29039 upvotes
lanslord wrote: Image
Is it midnight black or eternal heat death black?

P.S. This makes a fine podcast mic, or mic for Zoom or recorded classroom sessions.
.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11089 posts
8361 upvotes
Toronto
Same thing happened to C920, 10-y.o. camera but full msrp now. Real winners are Logitech.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)