[Amazon.ca] Blue Yeti X Microphone - $193.28

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2020 2:14 am
[OP]
Apr 19, 2017
31 posts
73 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Blue Yeti X Microphone - $193.28

Decent price on a really good USB microphone for those who are streamers or want to have a better sounding microphone for their home conference calls. Listed as out of stock from amazon and will ship when its available, but this is the lowest price according to CCC for the X version.
Last edited by Shaner on Aug 19th, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added price to title
14 replies
Feb 28, 2020
79 posts
104 upvotes
It's a condenser mic so if you have it on your desk, it will pick up any movement like your keyboard, mouse click, everything.
Feb 23, 2010
106 posts
89 upvotes
That’s a good price for model X! Was looking for these on sale for a while. Needed something ASAP so went with a cheap condenser mic that did the trick. This looks out of stock for now though so won’t arrive for a while.

Keep in mind the yeti nano is $140 and yeti original is $180.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1896 posts
645 upvotes
Montréal, QC
What's the difference with the X version?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14180 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
Using my Yeti for conference calls and it sounds good. Except as noted, you can't have this on your desk or else it picks up everything.

It's way overkill for conference calls, but nobody ever complains they can't hear me....I wish more people would get quality mics like this.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14180 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
Clee wrote: What's the difference with the X version?
Mainly 24 bit, voice effects and other settings using software, and fancier lights

Capture.PNG

For most people the regular one or even the Nano should be good enough
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1154 posts
649 upvotes
SW ON
warpdrive wrote: Mainly 24 bit
I wonder who needs 24 bit for voice. It's kind of funny. And nano has 24 bit.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1154 posts
649 upvotes
SW ON
warpdrive wrote: Using my Yeti for conference calls and it sounds good. Except as noted, you can't have this on your desk or else it picks up everything.
Where do you have it?
Mar 26, 2012
29 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
alpovs wrote: Where do you have it?
Not OP, and I don't have this Mic, but a cheaper condenser mic that I picked up at Canada computers for 40$ (Yanmai Q8 I think). I bought one of those desk mounts, a retractable arm, and have it attached to the desk. but angled a bit upwards and facing me.

I haven't tried with the keyboard/mouse to record; but I've tried with my desk speakers (they sit behind the monitors) as well as the TV in the same room all playing quite loud, and what would normally be really clear on the recording, it's hardly noticeable, most of the time it can't even be heard, and just my voice. So I find the condenser mic to be really good. Mine is a cardioid condenser mic, so perhaps it's different from this.. I'm not an expert on this, but just wanted something for work as I do remote teaching part-time, and lots of meetings every day. With 2 kids, it's been a nightmare being at home, but having some decent gear has made it much more manageable.
Jan 21, 2017
794 posts
251 upvotes
An at2020 would do the same thing right ?
May 4, 2017
99 posts
100 upvotes
Montreal
I recently got a Yeti X and it's great.
This is a good price.
Feb 21, 2013
115 posts
106 upvotes
TeeKayTK wrote: It's a condenser mic so if you have it on your desk, it will pick up any movement like your keyboard, mouse click, everything.
I have the standard Yeti and this is my problem... on top of it picking up every other sound in my condo. Someone else suggested mounting it, but I don't see how that would help if it is picking up sounds from like 20m away.
Feb 24, 2020
36 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a boom arm off of amazon for my Yeti and it sounds way better. A Yeti on a desk is a bad idea, worse for me because I have my PC on my desk and the yeti would pick up the hum of the power supply and hard drives.
I don't know a lot, but the best sound I've produced is by having the mic close to my mouth on a boom arm + pop filter with the gain set to 0. (I have the standard version)
This X version seems to have a different knob with a customizable LED. Maybe there is better audio tech in the X version, not sure though.

I however want to move towards a microphone with XLR capability so I can plug it into my mixer, maybe even the Yeti Pro.