Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Blue Yeticaster Professional Broadcast Bundle with Yeti USB Microphone - 199.99

[OP]
May 10, 2021
52 posts
293 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Blue Yeticaster Professional Broadcast Bundle with Yeti USB Microphone - 199.99

The mic and the boom are on sale for what seems to be an ATL at 199.99 instead of 249.99

Heard good reviews on the mic, haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Edit : Seems to be the same at other retailers
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best microphones!
43 replies
Jan 1, 2021
235 posts
344 upvotes
Pretty solid deal! I would've jumped on this if I didn't already have a mic/arm.
Mar 17, 2021
364 posts
632 upvotes
What benefit does the "broadcast bundle" provide compared to the actual mic itself?

I bought the mic in the past and love it but am wondering what benefit the rest of the bundle provides other than the arm to move it around.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1672 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
StockDollar wrote: What benefit does the "broadcast bundle" provide compared to the actual mic itself?

I bought the mic in the past and love it but am wondering what benefit the rest of the bundle provides other than the arm to move it around.
Arm itself is $140 on Amazon so that is essentially the benefit. Fairly well reviewed arm, similar quality arm in the Rode PSA1 is $130 so price is there. Combo only worth for people that know they will need a boom arm. For others only looking for a mic, probably won't need to spend.
Nov 4, 2015
365 posts
139 upvotes
T.O
StockDollar wrote: What benefit does the "broadcast bundle" provide compared to the actual mic itself?

Nothing but the arm mount and the shock mount are $140 and $70 alone. The quality from what I hear is very good for the arm not sure about the shock mount.
TELUS 25gb/$40
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1199 posts
802 upvotes
Ottawa
This looks like a pretty nice set up. For those that aren't dead set on a Yeti, or do not need the additional features that it provides, I have had really good luck with my MAONO AU-A04 and would highly recommend. Bare bones mic and boom that was actually available at the start of the pandemic when there was a run on everything home office. Works great with Teams, and is a great conversation piece. They typically go for around $80, depending on available coupons, etc.

https://www.amazon.ca/Microphone-MAONO- ... B07M7BHYT1
Sep 9, 2020
38 posts
73 upvotes
RFD always showing me good deals on stuff I definitely don't need... probably going to order this badboy anyway though haha thanks OP
Aug 17, 2008
317 posts
1183 upvotes
Yeti's aren't considered to be GREAT microphones, especially if you are going to get into voice recording, so at that price I would rather get a Shure microphone, much better quality... and arm won't cost that much if you aren't fussed on brand names (mine was $20)
Oct 6, 2010
285 posts
259 upvotes
Markham
Wish they had a deal for the arm only. Mic is amazing. Anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper arm?
May 27, 2015
113 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
photojunkie wrote: Wish they had a deal for the arm only. Mic is amazing. Anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper arm?
Samson MBA38
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16942 posts
9018 upvotes
Ottawa
photojunkie wrote: Wish they had a deal for the arm only. Mic is amazing. Anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper arm?
I use the Samson arms....a good middle ground between this arm and the cheap amazon ones. I have the 38" which is a lot longer than the average cheapo arm and has no problem supporting the Yeti

I also have a cheap $15 primecables arm, and it does the job but it feels somewhat flimsy and if you stretch it out at full length, sometimes it droops by itself from the weight of the Yeti.

This package is definitely a great deal but I have no use for another mic either.
<insert sig>
Jul 29, 2015
216 posts
213 upvotes
Saskatoon
Worth the upgrade over the Blue Snowball?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23126 posts
28650 upvotes
Nejynoah wrote: Worth the upgrade over the Blue Snowball?
Depends what you're doing.

The Snowball is a great value when on sale.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16942 posts
9018 upvotes
Ottawa

The main reason to get any arm is to allow it to be positioned close to your mouth, the closer it is....the louder your voice is, and thus any other sounds in the background will be less relatively less prominent and you'll also hear less echo from your voice. Also it will get it off your desk so it doesn't pick up sounds from the nearby keyboard as much

The shockmount is also to isolate the mic mechanically from wherever it is mounted so you don't get any sounds when you move the mic arm or bump the desk.

So everybody using a mic like this should always opt for an arm, any arm. If you don't want to spend much, the cheapo ones for $20 will also make a big difference but they are more flimsy and may not do as well with heavy mics.

If you are recording or broadcasting, then you'll probably want both, and also a pop filter as well, but just getting an arm will up your audio quality a lot by itself.
Apr 8, 2020
616 posts
406 upvotes
If you good with "tinkering" get Ikea lamp as arm ($16 new or less in as is section - lol) , and for mike I suggest Mackie (em-91cu) gets as low as $50 on sale
And the most important part is to set it up properly (filters, etc)
Feb 25, 2014
101 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Which Shure would you recommend? And if you don't mind sharing, what's your current setup - mic, arm, filter, etc?
Jan 1, 2021
235 posts
344 upvotes
Don't get a cheap amazon arm - the hardware is cheap and the base clamps WILL break sooner or later. I had one that broke within half a year.

I highly recommend going for the Samson or the Rode PSA1/+ if you can afford it.

The Samson is nice but the pivots are tight AF out of the box. You will have to play a lot with the pivot tension and/or lube the pivots for smoother operation; even then, a general complaint against the Samson arms is how tight the pivots are and how they are a chore to reposition. If you never reposition your arm, this isn't a problem. If you are like me who likes to tuck their mic/arm out of the way when it's not in use and pull it towards you when in use, ease of use will matter. The Samson clamp is way better/stronger than the cheap Amazon ones. The permanent screw-into-your-desk base leaves a lot to be desired. It's functional but I have read of failures.

The Rode PSA1/+ is nicer in basically every regard. The bases are nicer, the hardware is better, and the pivots are nice/smooth. The Rode arms are generally nicer/easier to use on a daily basis and are a BIFL purchase. They are used in studios worldwide and are highly recommended.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10523 posts
2906 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Is this the same mic as $130 one with desktop stand?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)