Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Blueskysea B1W Dashcam 68.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2020 12:07 am
Dec 5, 2011
46 posts
72 upvotes
London

[Amazon.ca] Blueskysea B1W Dashcam 68.99

Like the small form factor and built in wifi. I dont really want an LCD screen, as if I need to access it, I would use my phone . Decent reviews online. I also like that I can spin lens around to record interior without dismounting camera .May come handy for traffic stops,etc.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
I got this from Amazon for $48 and I'm not sure it's even worth that much. It's a $40 dashcam with wifi. Comparable to a 70mai dashcam. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same hardware.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
1517 posts
1957 upvotes
You get what you pay for with cheap dashcams. Blackvue or Thinkware is the way to go if you want something to last, look good, and you don't have to worry about.
Banned
Oct 10, 2020
1037 posts
622 upvotes
stinkhammer wrote: Like the small form factor and built in wifi. I dont really want an LCD screen, as if I need to access it, I would use my phone . Decent reviews online. I also like that I can spin lens around to record interior without dismounting camera .May come handy for traffic stops,etc.
You can do a lot better for $68.99 ( a similar 70mai for less for example).
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2442 posts
1043 upvotes
rainor94 wrote: You get what you pay for with cheap dashcams. Blackvue or Thinkware is the way to go if you want something to last, look good, and you don't have to worry about.
I have this cam and the blackvue and thinkware. I got this for under $60 so I can't say it's the best price but at least you get it quickly with Amazon. Its rated the best cheap cam and I agree. It's the smallest footprint of the three.
The blackview is made the best but I'm not sure if it's worth over triple the price . I do like the GPS alerts for red light and speed cams.
The entry level thinkware I have is sd card no wifi. But you can add a gps module . Again IMO not worth double the price.
So it really depends on your budget. You can buy a $700 Blackvue but I wouldn't say it's the best value but some may differ.
Getting a fancy dashcam will attract thieves, unless you plan to remove it everytime you park.
Last edited by jon604 on Dec 8th, 2020 3:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9047 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
I have 4 of these cams and they work fine for me.
People get all worked up to have like 4K resolution and the ability to read license plates from a kilometer away, not required for the most art.

the device is super discrete which is great, but the best feature is that it says audibly if it's working. I'd hate to be in an accident and found out it hasn't been working for a month. This thing tells you every startup if it can write to the SD card.
Oct 4, 2010
923 posts
514 upvotes
Surrey
I got the same one last year on amazon it was less than $50. It has a low profile design, uses 3m tape which i prefer over suction cups.
The video quality is good.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
Can someone recommend the best $50-70 one ? Or would this one be it ?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4044 posts
8902 upvotes
Vancouver
Master2031 wrote: Can someone recommend the best $50-70 one ? Or would this one be it ?
https://dashcamtalk.com/best-dash-cams-of-2020/

TLDR, Cheapest dash cam to consider:

AUKEY DRA5 Mini Dash Cam (1.5″ screen, 24 month warranty)
70mai Dash Cam Pro / MiDrive D02 (great video but note it has a battery not capacitor)

I was able to get the DRA5 on sale from amazon.com for just under $50/CAD shipped to my door.

Definitely would not pay $89 for B1W. It was on cheap buys list, but not anymore.