• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2021 7:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7361 posts
1236 upvotes
Alberta

[Amazon.ca] Bluetti AC200p 2000W 2000Wh LiFePO4 Portable Power Station $1999 after coupon

Hobotech review on AC200P:

Read that if u buy two Bluetti 200W SP200 panels, one get third panel free....deal ends as early as May 30th. More info at Bluetti Canada site or at Hobotech site. I dont know how this deal works exactly.

This unit was priced at $2499 when it was introduced recently. I have this as a previous post.
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5444 posts
2885 upvotes
West Vancouver
yeah ... right...
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14693 posts
2383 upvotes
Toronto
2kWh of storage is pretty impressive.
Jun 10, 2003
740 posts
149 upvotes
Halifax
Yikes thats expensive. I can get 2kWh worth of Lifep04 cells for around $600 and they are going to get a much better price than I can get. Man if these things actually sell for $2500 maybe I need to order a crap ton of cells to make a few and at that price I cant believe they didnt add a 240V AC output.
Jan 4, 2021
154 posts
357 upvotes
Calgary
instanoodles wrote: Yikes thats expensive. I can get 2kWh worth of Lifep04 cells for around $600 and they are going to get a much better price than I can get. Man if these things actually sell for $2500 maybe I need to order a crap ton of cells to make a few and at that price I cant believe they didnt add a 240V AC output.
Weird, when you buy $600 worth of LiFePO4 cells do they include a both a AC charger, Solar charge controller, and inverter for free along with 2 DC outlets, 6 AC outlets along with a bunch of USB outlets? Not to mention a LCD screen all neatly enclosed? For $600? Can you link me?
Jun 10, 2003
740 posts
149 upvotes
Halifax
xbr999 wrote: Weird, when you buy $600 worth of LiFePO4 cells do they include a both a AC charger, Solar charge controller, and inverter for free along with 2 DC outlets, 6 AC outlets along with a bunch of USB outlets? Not to mention a LCD screen all neatly enclosed? For $600? Can you link me?
No of course not but the rest of that stuff is not that expensive or complicated either. Just surprised how expensive it is, obviously everyone is not going to make their own.
Feb 9, 2021
37 posts
27 upvotes
instanoodles wrote: No of course not but the rest of that stuff is not that expensive or complicated either. Just surprised how expensive it is, obviously everyone is not going to make their own.
To be honest, if I was in a scenario where I require something like this, it would be dumb for me to buy all those parts separately and then carry them with me as I travel. This of course is a niche product for ppl in certain scenario's where something like this is required but if I was in such a position I would appreciate a product like this.

As for complaining about it not having 240v, why would you need something like that? All electronic chargers are universal to begin with and someone buying this is most likely not going to have a iron or hairdryer that is 240v. If on the off chance they do, you can buy converter.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33994 posts
7634 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
instanoodles wrote: No of course not but the rest of that stuff is not that expensive or complicated either. Just surprised how expensive it is, obviously everyone is not going to make their own.
They are not a charity

They like to make a profit too
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7361 posts
1236 upvotes
Alberta
instanoodles wrote: Yikes thats expensive. I can get 2kWh worth of Lifep04 cells for around $600 and they are going to get a much better price than I can get. Man if these things actually sell for $2500 maybe I need to order a crap ton of cells to make a few and at that price I cant believe they didnt add a 240V AC output.
This is one of the best available portable power stations in its class with a trusted brand name. $1 per Wh is reasonable. Leoch and Pecron have theirs pros and cons. Diy is always cheaper.

Sells for US$1600 at Amazon US. The recent price is likely due to currency flucuations.

I already have a Bluetti EB150 1000W 1500Wh. Otherwise, I would be buying this. This is more suited for higher power uses like power tools or cooking applainces. Has moderate standby or overhead power use....so not good for low power appliances like CPAP or 12V fridges.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
22140 posts
8497 upvotes
Socially Distanced
This is overpriced.
If you don't care thats fine but i would wait until more companies get into the game and prices come down.

This is like buying LED bulbs for $50 each over 10 years ago
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Jan 4, 2021
154 posts
357 upvotes
Calgary
Haha have you actually priced those out? As someone that was pricing out a dual battery system for my truck I realized the cost just wasn't worth it. The components alone without a battery was around 500 USD. I think you're vastly underestimating how much building one of these would cost.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1930 posts
934 upvotes
Home
I see value in this at 50c a kwh, but prices aren't there yet. If you need this now it's a decent price.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11125 posts
5251 upvotes
DavidY wrote: This is one of the best available portable power stations in its class with a trusted brand name. $1 per Wh is reasonable. Leoch and Pecron have theirs pros and cons. Diy is always cheaper.

Sells for US$1600 at Amazon US. The recent price is likely due to currency flucuations.

I already have a Bluetti EB150 1000W 1500Wh. Otherwise, I would be buying this. This is more suited for higher power uses like power tools or cooking applainces. Has moderate standby or overhead power use....so not good for low power appliances like CPAP or 12V fridges.
Thanks for the info.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1149 posts
348 upvotes
Mississauga area
I've been looking at something like this for years, and at least this one is cheaper than the Goal Zero one (although I don't know if it's better made).
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3476 posts
2020 upvotes
Lifepo4 cells really getting cheap. Made an offgrid backup system for my weekend cottage with a stack of used 250 W solar panels recycle from an Ontario solar farm and 3000 watts (8 x 120 A) of lifepo4 with an 24V inverter + everything else too long to list here. Keeps the fridge / freezer running solid when I am away.
2 years ago the batteries were about $1200 or $125 each delivered. Today I could get a 250 Amp cell for less $100. Good time to tinker with Lifepo4 Smiling Face With Open Mouth Definitely not portable and easy like OP's deal though.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Nov 1, 2003
986 posts
411 upvotes
Tesla is really expensive too.. it's just a bunch of batteries Face With Rolling Eyes
Salesperson