Boiron Arnicare Gel Value Pack, Homeopathic Medicine for Pain Relief - $10

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2021 10:19 pm
[OP]
Banned
Aug 24, 2021
12 posts
20 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Boiron Arnicare Gel Value Pack, Homeopathic Medicine for Pain Relief - $10

Homeopathic Medicine for the relief of muscle and joint pain. Eases resorption of bruises and inflammatory oedema caused by falls, blows, blunt injury or surgery
Arnicare gel is a quick-absorbing gel made from 100% Naturally sourced medicinal ingredients including arnica Montana

Sold and shipped by Amazon, currently OOS will be back in stock Sep 2.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 27th, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
18 replies
Nov 24, 2019
254 posts
648 upvotes
Reminds me that I still have that 26% off coupon to tell my own future
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3574 posts
1502 upvotes
If you only want the gel type, 3x75g (Holista brand) is $24.99 shipped (not sure if they carry this in-store).
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1062 posts
64 upvotes
Quebec
now all we need is a good deal for healing crystals
Best deals I got thanks to RFD:
Sony 60" SXRD RPTV with Stand 1749$ :arrowl: :razz:
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1100 posts
2434 upvotes
Fredericton
Overpriced water.

Homeopathy is nonsense and causes a placebo reaction at best.
Nov 24, 2006
486 posts
412 upvotes
Winnipeg
It seems like it's a combo pack. The gel presumably has actually arnica gel in it. The tablets, on the other hand, are homeopathic which means they basically have zero percent of the active ingredient.

For those that don't know, in homeopathy, the 5CH designation below means that the active ingredient has been diluted by a factor of 1:100 five times. This results in 0.00000000001 strength. The 9CH is 0.0000000000000000001 strength. The 15CH is 0.0000000000000000000000000000001 Pushing the limits of dilution below Avagadro's number: meaning you get zero molecules of the active ingredient. Homeopathic "science" absurdly claims that the more you dilute an ingredient the stronger the medicinal effect. There is no scientific evidence to support this.

Homeopathy is a complete sham.

You can buy this for the gel, but just throw the tablets in the garbage, or take them for the placebo effect.

Medicinal Ingredients ARNICARE GEL: Arnica Montana MT Bryonia MT Calendula Officinalis MT Ledum Palustre MT // ARNICA COMPOSE: Apis mellifica 9CH Arnica montana 9CH Calendula officinalis 5CH Cinchona officinalis 5CH Hypericum perforatum 15CH
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3574 posts
1502 upvotes
So, you choose.to ignore what arnica gel is. Or that it's proven to work.
Homeopathic pills are questionable, but that's actually not the main product in OP's post (bonus pack).
It's like saying an offer for a 60" LED TV+free 15" CRT monitor on sale for $299 is terrible because nobody will use the CRT (true but you'd be ignoring the LED tv, even if it's RCA brand).
GordonGartrelle wrote: Homeopathy = bullshit. This is well understood.
Apr 26, 2019
558 posts
726 upvotes
mangoman wrote: So, you choose.to ignore what arnica gel is. Or that it's proven to work.
Homeopathic pills are questionable, but that's actually not the main product in OP's post (bonus pack).
It's like saying an offer for a 60" LED TV+free 15" CRT monitor on sale for $299 is terrible because nobody will use the CRT (true but you'd be ignoring the LED tv, even if it's RCA brand).
Fair enough. When I see "homeopathic" I tend to stay away altogether.

Also, the pills are not questionable, they are straight up garbage.
Oct 16, 2002
834 posts
674 upvotes
GordonGartrelle wrote: Also, the pills are not questionable, they are straight up garbage.
Placebo effect can be very strong. People recover from all kinds of stuff purely because they're convinced they will, so it's not entirely garbage even if someone profited from this.

People think organized religion is bs as well but same again - it does bring people into a community and people feel closer, support each other, less isolated, so it has it's purpose also, even if actual beliefs are nonsense.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3574 posts
1502 upvotes
Jimmy, you're looking at the pills not the gel, and the study that did look at the gel,.used it in a pretty specific and severe setting (reduction of post-op swelling ).

McGill checked into it for you...
sirjimitron wrote: If you think this is a hot deal, wait until I tell you that you can get a tube of toothpaste for $1 and achieve the same level of relief when you rub the toothpaste onto the wound. Aka none.

Arnica is a placebo. Homeopathic "medications" are BS.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9820349/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27035499/
Jun 15, 2018
679 posts
2167 upvotes
Toronto
mangoman wrote: Jimmy, you're looking at the pills not the gel, and the study that did look at the gel,.used it in a pretty specific and severe setting (reduction of post-op swelling ).

McGill checked into it for you...
Lmao, the link you linked to basically says that when offered as homeopathy, Arnica basically becomes useless because of the nonsensical dilution.

"Arnica is also available in homeopathic preparations, but in this case the story is quite different. Homeopathic remedies are diluted to the extent that the final product doesn’t contain any of the original purported active ingredient and the therapeutic effect is claimed to be accomplished by some sort of molecular memory that has been imparted to the solution through successive dilutions and systematic shakings."
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3574 posts
1502 upvotes
Ignoring the gel again (the main product in OP's post, not the free bonus item).

Again Little Jimmy, try reading ...

" In 1981 German researchers finally isolated a compound they named helenalin and showed that it had anti- inflammatory and mild pain-killing properties. Although the evidence is not overwhelming, some randomized clinical trials have demonstrated that topical arnica can be effective for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the hand or knee. In one study, 53 women and 26 men applied arnica gel to their affected knees twice a day for six weeks and found a significant improvement in pain and stiffness. In another clinical trial a gel containing 50 grams tincture of arnica per 100 grams of gel was as effective at relieving hand osteoarthritis as a 5% ibuprofen cream."

and

"The bottom line is that while arnica gels or ointments may provide some relief from arthritic pain, ..."

Folks who buy this are using it on a regular basis in a therapeutic manner, so they're not looking for a fentanyl type of approach/effect.

Btw, there are some more studies being performed or soon to be for the topical gel.

Don't get too hung up on the homeopathic pills unless that's what you're planning to buy.
sirjimitron wrote: Lmao, the link you linked to basically says that when offered as homeopathy, Arnica basically becomes useless because of the nonsensical dilution.

"Arnica is also available in homeopathic preparations, but in this case the story is quite different. Homeopathic remedies are diluted to the extent that the final product doesn’t contain any of the original purported active ingredient and the therapeutic effect is claimed to be accomplished by some sort of molecular memory that has been imparted to the solution through successive dilutions and systematic shakings."
Apr 26, 2019
558 posts
726 upvotes
mangoman wrote: In another clinical trial a gel containing 50 grams tincture of arnica per 100 grams of gel was as effective at relieving hand osteoarthritis as a 5% ibuprofen cream."
I don't understand why you keep pushing the gel, given it is also homeopathic and says so right on the box. Yes, perhaps arnica gels are useful at the concentration mentioned in the study (50%) but this gel is 1X HPUS 7%, which in homeopathic BS terms means it is diluted down to 0.7% arnica.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3574 posts
1502 upvotes
I'll give you that - I missed that. The one I referred to at Costco.ca is 15%.

GordonGartrelle wrote: I don't understand why you keep pushing the gel, given it is also homeopathic and says so right on the box. Yes, perhaps arnica gels are useful at the concentration mentioned in the study (50%) but this gel is 1X HPUS 7%, which in homeopathic BS terms means it is diluted down to 0.7% arnica.
Apr 26, 2019
558 posts
726 upvotes
mangoman wrote: I'll give you that - I missed that. The one I referred to at Costco.ca is 15%.
Good to know... I'm getting old, might have to give that a try Winking Face