[Amazon.ca] Bomaker TWS earbuds $23.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2020 9:51 pm
[OP]
Oct 26, 2016
338 posts
180 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Bomaker TWS earbuds $23.99

Was looking through amazon for some stocking stuffers and saw these at 60% off (with code Z7XVWELV),

For the price seem like worth a buy. I am currently using earbuds that are a clone of these and they perform adequately. I do not get any lag with watching videos and the sound is satisfactory for the price.
19 replies
May 20, 2008
111 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
This is the second generation. If they are close to the sound of the original SiFi, they are not worth it at any price IMO.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12274 posts
3415 upvotes
Had the original and one side died all the sudden for no reason. They offered me 50% refund...

meh deal
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
[OP]
Oct 26, 2016
338 posts
180 upvotes
Never used the original, so can't compare.

However, I do agree that if you are an audiophile then these are not for you. For a casual listener who may be just looking for something to listen to padcasts or watch Netflix etc. without the hassle of wires, then for the price they are definitely worth a buy.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3428 posts
4709 upvotes
BC
Karlik wrote: This is the second generation. If they are close to the sound of the original SiFi, they are not worth it at any price IMO.
Did you get a faulty pair? The original sifis were pretty well reviewed. I have them myself and think they sound amazing compared to a bunch of my cheap amazon buds.

2nd gen doesn't seem as good according to review:
https://www.scarbir.com/tws/bomaker-sifi-tws-review
https://www.scarbir.com/tws/bomaker-sifi-ii-review
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1552 posts
916 upvotes
NOYB
sexyj wrote: Had the original and one side died all the sudden for no reason. They offered me 50% refund...

meh deal
That's why I go with better known brands like Anker and mpow. Same thing happened to my pair of mpow but they quickly sent another pair when I asked.
I would ask for replacement if I were you.
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

🖕 to the self righteous double standard fascist POS on this forum.
May 20, 2008
111 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: Did you get a faulty pair? The original sifis were pretty well reviewed. I have them myself and think they sound amazing compared to a bunch of my cheap amazon buds.
I returned mine exactly for the reason scarbir put them on top of their list: soundstage. It is wide, but it bomaker added delay / phase correction to achieve it. For me it is not acceptable as I want to hear what artists want me to hear, not what cheesiness programmers think is best.

Now scarbir claims the second generation is worse, so it does give hope that it is not so bad, but the risk is still high.
Dec 13, 2019
362 posts
281 upvotes
With these "cheap" wireless earbuds, the quality and batch is a crapshoot. I lucked out last year with the Dudios earbuds at about $20. They generally sound good, but they have their quirks too like the touch controls worked great before, but no work "sometimes"/whenever they feel like it. The carry/charge case does not have a battery indicator light either, so I sometimes find the case is completely out of juice when the earbuds suddenly refuse to charge. For that price, I got my money's worth for what I use them for -- mostly for podcasts and YouTube. Call quality is decent, but not the best and they'll do in a pinch.

All in all, it is a personal decision whether it is worth it to risk your $20+ if the seller ends up dragging their feet on service if you do run into trouble. You do also have your CC company and Amazon to fall back on when push comes to shove on getting your money back and the seller isn't playing ball.
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Aug 1, 2005
901 posts
100 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks OP, bought one to try out. At the very least at IPX7 it can be my abuse pair of earbuds to use in the shower and during work outs, when sound quality can't be distinguished as well. I don't understand the criticism here: there's very few $25 wireless earbuds with IPX7 rating, 7 hour playtime, and available on Amazon.

My original first gen Bomaker Sifi are my absolute favourite sound quality earbuds. They were a real sleeper hit in the budget range. Very well reviewed and received on Head-fi. Sadly the first gen is sold out everywhere and mine may one day bite the dust from all the use they get.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8704 posts
1656 upvotes
Ordered. I also have the first gen and am very pleased. The only issue I've experienced is to make sure that the contacts are cleaned on the ear buds every once and a while or else it won't charge at all and had this happened about 3 times to me since I've owned them.

For $24 I'm sure they'll be more than acceptable.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1553 posts
1229 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
Thanks OP...for the $24 price and overall positive reviews, these Bomaker wireless headphones are certainly worth a try. Cheers Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 25, 2019
523 posts
474 upvotes
Also nice that the discount coupon can be used for more than one pair (PLUS no taxes)
"It is not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Anonymous
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1467 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Ordered. Pretty rare to find true wireless earbuds with volume control.
Mar 6, 2010
520 posts
171 upvotes
Brampton
Are these good enough for business calls, zoom interviews etc.?
[OP]
Oct 26, 2016
338 posts
180 upvotes
m4gician wrote: link dead?
Seems like the deal is over.

Mods please move to expired. Thanks