Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] BOOST Just Protein Unflavoured Whey • $8.98 (reg. $18.99) • Keto friendly

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2020 9:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2569 posts
3318 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon.ca] BOOST Just Protein Unflavoured Whey • $8.98 (reg. $18.99) • Keto friendly

BOOST Just Protein is an unflavoured whey protein powder with just 2 ingredients. Each 21g serving has 18g of protein, 80 calories, 0 Fat and 0 Sugar, it's an easy way to get extra protein. With 99-Percent whey protein isolate there are no added flavours, colours, or sugars, it can be added to almost anything!

- Unflavoured Whey Protein Powder.

- 18g of protein per serving.

- Only 80 calories per serving with 0 Fat and 0 Sugar.

- No added flavour, colour, or sweetener.

- Made with only two ingredients.

Limit 4 per order.

Add a scoop to your low carb/Keto recipes to up your protein numbers. I plan on adding to my chaffles and other baking concoctions.
9 replies
Aug 6, 2018
499 posts
2725 upvotes
Small canister though @ 227g. Gets you almost 11 servings and 18g protein isn't very much per serving. Even on sale this is still pretty pricey.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2569 posts
3318 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
essjayess wrote: Small canister though @ 227g. Gets you almost 11 servings and 18g protein isn't very much per serving. Even on sale this is still pretty pricey.
True, I think it's not meant to be taken as a meal replacement/protein shake, but more of an "additive" to recipes.
Aug 6, 2018
499 posts
2725 upvotes
remik wrote: True, I think it's not meant to be taken as a meal replacement/protein shake, but more of an "additive" to recipes.
Ahhhh fair enough
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4489 posts
6091 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Lol, reminded me of this advertising they do based on a totally bogus "energy gap" disease that apparently "4 out of 5 kids" have:

If you still needed a reason a boycott Nestle.

Just get the myProtein deals for protein powder. 11lbs for $60, often.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15104 posts
3017 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
This is way too expensive for what essentially is isolate protein. Just get it from myprotein for far cheaper. If you dont have issues with milk, even a blend works (better actually as it takes time to process). Don't neglect protein, it's the most vital macro for health. Ideally, you don't need to supplement much if your diet is on-point.
Apr 11, 2019
222 posts
216 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Lol, reminded me of this advertising they do based on a totally bogus "energy gap" disease that apparently "4 out of 5 kids" have:

If you still needed a reason a boycott Nestle.

Just get the myProtein deals for protein powder. 11lbs for $60, often.
i haven't watched ads in so long and been watching my diet for so long, im surprised looking at the nutrition label isn't just the norm. do people actually think nutella, energy drinks, and juice are healthy diet choices? (i've been taught juice has similar levels of sugar to soda since i was a kid)

also 11lb isolate for $60? or their regular whey protein? because this is an isolate so it's more expensive. i got a deal for 11lbs for $80 and that was like 60% off which doesn't happen too often?

i never tracked my macros too closely until i bought the protein, and honestly, i think 99% of people that aren't like vegetarian/vegan will never have any issues with getting enough protein. 1 side of a chicken breast is close to 200g these days which is like 50g of protein. and even if you're trying to maximize gainz, you're maxed out at absorption at ~0.8g/lb bodyweight. which for people in the 150lb-200lb range is 120-160g of protein. if you eat a bit of meat in each of your meals, you're basically maxing out. keep in mind, if you're not a hardcore bodybuilder, you only need like a third of that amount of protein on average... which means if you eat the equivalent of 1 chicken breast per day, you literally don't need any other source of protein. the push for "protein" in the recent years is honestly just a marketing gimmick like the shit from that advertisement lol.
Zoomer Wireless - $36/month|800 Minutes|5GB Data|Unlimited Texts
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4489 posts
6091 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Now that I think about it, I actually remember seeing those same "energy gap" ads about 25 years ago, and my parents bought me this kind of stuff then based on this kind of nonsense.

Didn't realize they were still doing them in 2018.
kiukiumoar wrote: i haven't watched ads in so long and been watching my diet for so long, im surprised looking at the nutrition label isn't just the norm. do people actually think nutella, energy drinks, and juice are healthy diet choices? (i've been taught juice has similar levels of sugar to soda since i was a kid)

also 11lb isolate for $60? or their regular whey protein? because this is an isolate so it's more expensive. i got a deal for 11lbs for $80 and that was like 60% off which doesn't happen too often?
Yep, isolate.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/myprote ... #p31784065

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/myprote ... #p31238300

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/myprote ... #p30147117
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1062 posts
889 upvotes
Edmonton
Nikhilvoid wrote: Now that I think about it, I actually remember seeing those same "energy gap" ads about 25 years ago, and my parents bought me this kind of stuff then based on this kind of nonsense.

Didn't realize they were still doing them in 2018.

Yep, isolate.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/myprote ... #p31784065

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/myprote ... #p31238300

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/myprote ... #p30147117
2 out of 3 links >60$
2018 link <60$

Other than that, it's rare to see their 11lb isolate for below $100. By rare, I mean less than 5 sales per year. There's only been one sale this year so far where it's been below $100. Price gouging at it's finest.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4489 posts
6091 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
AnujS699 wrote: 2 out of 3 links >60$
2018 link <60$

Other than that, it's rare to see their 11lb isolate for below $100. By rare, I mean less than 5 sales per year. There's only been one sale this year so far where it's been below $100. Price gouging at it's finest.
Yeah, $64 and $73 for 11lbs of isolate is still lava hot, and you got that price only because multiple promotions stacked. It was a price error.

I don't think you know what isolate usually costs.

They're not price gouging. Isolate is $15-$20 lbs. regular price for most brands.