Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Bosch CLPK22-120 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit (Drill/Driver and Impact Driver) with 2 Batteries, Charger & Case

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2019 9:34 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1436 posts
175 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Bosch CLPK22-120 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit (Drill/Driver and Impact Driver) with 2 Batteries, Charger & Case

I've been in the market for a new drill for a while, and have been watching this Bosch combo that includes the PS31 drill / driver, which the Wirecutter picked as their best drill. It also includes the PS41 impact driver, 2 batteries, and a case. I haven't used an impact driver before, but have read a lot of about the benefits of an impact driver for driving screws.

These are 12-volts, and know there is a lot of back and forth between 12-volt and 18-volt; I will say that for my light usage at home 12-volt should be more than sufficient, and in particular with this well regarded set.

$129 is the historically lowest price on CCC, and I got 6% back on your favourite electronic rebate site. Since around the holidays which is when I've been watching for deals, the price was hovering at $159 (saying the regular price was $199 or so). Very happy I waited and that I can pick it up at this price.
31 replies
Aug 31, 2011
279 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
I have this set and I've done major renovation to our house with it. Charges fast and battery last awhile. I think I got the set for the same price awhile back.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5151 posts
5644 upvotes
Normally, the best time to buy tools is either father's day or Christmas when sellers offer additional promotion
Dec 21, 2010
163 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Alternatives:
Today, I picked up Dewalt Combo Impact Drill/Driver - 20V Max Li Ion - DCK280C2
$199 + scratch and save (I got $15) off.

So:
$184 at Lowes, original $339
Jul 31, 2015
935 posts
495 upvotes
AB
Bought this kit for $114 last May from amazon. Love it, tools are light and have enough power for most jobs. Never use my 18v stuff anymore.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
1846 posts
429 upvotes
Nepean
U4LIFE wrote:
Feb 28th, 2019 2:44 pm
Bought this kit for $114 last May from amazon. Love it, tools are light and have enough power for most jobs. Never use my 18v stuff anymore.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm heavily invested in the Dewalt 20V ecosystem, but for most homeowner jobs, this set works great and is light enough to carry around on a toolbelt. Great tools.
Wrocky
Jun 27, 2012
744 posts
1072 upvotes
This was $109 back in May 2018. Doesn't show on CCC because it was an instant $20 off the sale price.

Pretty good set, but all I've really used it for is building furniture and minor fixes.
2010-2019 Contest Winnings = $0
Jun 6, 2016
14 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know how this kit compares to Milwaukee's 12V line of tools? I can't decide which one to get... mostly doing DIY stuff around my place and my parents' house.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1436 posts
175 upvotes
wongoz wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 4:09 am
Does anyone know how this kit compares to Milwaukee's 12V line of tools? I can't decide which one to get... mostly doing DIY stuff around my place and my parents' house.
I can't personally speak for it, but that Wirecutter review I posted does compare it against the Milwaukee, and says this:
If that Bosch model is not available, or if the price has jumped too high for you, we also like the Milwaukee 2407-22 M12 ⅜ Drill/Driver Kit. The Milwaukee placed (a distant) second behind the Bosch in the battery-life tests, but for overall power and strength it was right up there at the top tier. At 2 pounds, 10 ounces, it was the heaviest 12-volt we tested, weighing a full half pound more than the Bosch. It’s also ¾ inch longer, so it can’t fit in as tight of a spot, but it does have a nice belt hook, which the Bosch lacks. For pricing, it’s in the same range as the Bosch, but both fluctuate, so the Milwaukee is sometimes available for $20 to $30 less.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2760 upvotes
wongoz wrote:
This is a good price for the Bosch kit.

The Bosch and Milwaukee 12v tool lines are the two that get the best reviews, probably comparable. The Bosch models are the most compact. However Milwaukee has a much broader line of M12 tools, available through more stores, which could be the deciding factor if you plan to buy more 12v tools and share the batteries. Keep in mind that the small batteries that work fine for the drill and impact driver won't do for more power-hungry tools like saws anyway.

I have some Milwaukee M12 tools, and they're great. I reach for the M12 drill for 90% of jobs, leaving the 18v drill on the shelf unless I need absolutely the most torque for a really tough job. The 12v drill is easier to handle, fits in more places, and has plenty of power.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15754 posts
5944 upvotes
wongoz wrote:
I find that the M12 line has more tools and that's my deciding factor. It's not based on what drill is the best (as between Bosch and Milwaukee they are both very good) it is what platform is best.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
1846 posts
429 upvotes
Nepean
For anyone considering this, it is also on sale at Lowes at the moment, and they have a scratch and save event on, where you are guaranteed at least $15 off. I'm not sure, but you may also be able to add the $10 new customer promo if you're ordering it online.

https://www.lowes.ca/power-tool-combo-k ... clpk22-120
Wrocky
Mar 23, 2017
95 posts
54 upvotes
I've got just the drill and like it a lot. I have a bigger 18v rigid but I (and my wife!) uses the 12v Bosch more often than not. It just is easier to use and is more than adequate for 90% of the drilling jobs I have.
Jun 6, 2016
14 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:16 am
I find that the M12 line has more tools and that's my deciding factor. It's not based on what drill is the best (as between Bosch and Milwaukee they are both very good) it is what platform is best.
Thanks for your perspective! I am leaning to Milwaukee because they're available at HD which is my go-to shop for this kinda stuff, moreso than Lowe's or Rona. The reviews I've read pretty much indicate that if there's an edge, it's slightly to Milwaukee for performance, but size and ergonomics to Bosch. I do also like that the Milwaukee lineup is pretty diverse, I've already got my eyes on their mini inflator tool as well. The one factor for Bosch is that my brother already has a couple of their 12V tools, so that would be handy if I ever needed to borrow a tool or battery.
Aug 9, 2014
66 posts
44 upvotes
Oakville
Wrocky wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:51 am
For anyone considering this, it is also on sale at Lowes at the moment, and they have a scratch and save event on, where you are guaranteed at least $15 off. I'm not sure, but you may also be able to add the $10 new customer promo if you're ordering it online.

https://www.lowes.ca/power-tool-combo-k ... clpk22-120
Thanks. I will go to Lowes tonight and see what will happen.
it will be better than ebate return.Smiling Face With Open Mouth Thank you.