Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Bosch CLPK22-120 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit (Drill/Driver and Impact Driver) with 2 Batteries, Charger & Case

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2019 9:34 am
Dec 28, 2011
483 posts
405 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
How is this hot? I love Bosch tools, but this seems rather expensive for 12v with tiny batteries. You're probably better off going with a Chinese brand 18v set.

I got this kit a year ago for $169, which is the kind of deal you really want to look for (it happens from time to time): https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005GT ... UTF8&psc=1
Mar 20, 2005
94 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
Great deal. I have this drill/driver (came in an oscillating tool set). The battery is great, the tool has lots of power, I've never been sorry I bought it.

It's plenty sufficient for almost any household task, but I don't think you'll be able to mix thinset with it :-)

It doesn't have super high speed, so if you are using a forstner bit like the guy in one of the Amazon pictures, you will be drilling for a while...

I haven't tried the impact driver, but I'm sure it's the same Bosch quality.
Nov 29, 2006
976 posts
257 upvotes
ExplodingFist wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 8:53 pm
How is this hot? I love Bosch tools, but this seems rather expensive for 12v with tiny batteries. You're probably better off going with a Chinese brand 18v set.

I got this kit a year ago for $169, which is the kind of deal you really want to look for (it happens from time to time): https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005GT ... UTF8&psc=1
How much have you seen seen this kind of set go for? It seems like a pretty good price to me. 18v is NOT better than 12v.. it's different. Because it IS 12v, some might prefer smaller and lighter batteries because you generally will not be drilling 3 inch deck screws all day with this. For simple every day around the house type of stuff, people who have both tend to reach for the 12v and not the 18/20v just because it's more enjoyable to use (lighter, less concern with over torque, etc).
Nov 29, 2006
976 posts
257 upvotes
wongoz wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 4:09 am
Does anyone know how this kit compares to Milwaukee's 12V line of tools? I can't decide which one to get... mostly doing DIY stuff around my place and my parents' house.
Like others have said, the first criteria should be what tools you would need/want. After that, if you have more than 1 brand, I would go with ergonomics. Every brand feels different and although you won't have trouble operating any of the brands, some might feel head and shoulders better above the rest. I originally bought the M12 4 tool set for extremely cheap and really really wanted to like it but I went with another brand just because that brand felt sooooo much better and every time I pick that tool up, I'm very happy with my purchase (I also got the other brand for a deal). I highly recommend you go to a store where you can feel it and try it out. If there is 1 brand that you like better, then wait for a deal on that brand as all the big brands eventually go on sale (if you're not in a rush to get one).
Jun 12, 2007
557 posts
190 upvotes
I have this set, its great, gets everything done, and batteries last quite a while and charge in about an hour.
I do like the Milwaukee M12 tools too, but they generally tend to be more expensive than bosch, so chances of me buying more bosch tools are higher.
Nov 29, 2006
976 posts
257 upvotes
Wrocky wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:51 am
For anyone considering this, it is also on sale at Lowes at the moment, and they have a scratch and save event on, where you are guaranteed at least $15 off. I'm not sure, but you may also be able to add the $10 new customer promo if you're ordering it online.

https://www.lowes.ca/power-tool-combo-k ... clpk22-120
new customer promo doesn't stack.. it only takes either or (but good thought, almost forgot about the customer promo)... I had a code to test.
Jul 29, 2011
84 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
You can use code SCRATCH for $15 lowes online; it works with the sale price.

I'm not buying because I'm waiting for a brushless drill to go on sale.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4980 posts
1999 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
U4LIFE wrote:
Feb 28th, 2019 2:44 pm
Bought this kit for $114 last May from amazon. Love it, tools are light and have enough power for most jobs. Never use my 18v stuff anymore.
Saukrates wrote:
Feb 28th, 2019 3:21 pm
This was $109 back in May 2018. Doesn't show on CCC because it was an instant $20 off the sale price.

Pretty good set, but all I've really used it for is building furniture and minor fixes.
Byzantium wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 2:23 pm
You can use code SCRATCH for $15 lowes online; it works with the sale price.

I'm not buying because I'm waiting for a brushless drill to go on sale.
Damn. The price just get lower and lower. First 129,then 114 and then 109. Will it drop below 100?

In summary, the cheapest way is
Lowes
- ebates with lowes
- scratch and save $15
- contractor discount 10%
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1450 posts
185 upvotes
Lowe's is now having a "save the tax" event on tools and other things, so the price when added to cart is $114.16. Not sure if you can stack with other promotions!
Jun 8, 2010
99 posts
13 upvotes
This is a great kit for the price. I purchased these in June 2012 and have done a ton of building and reno work with them. I have Dewalt 18V stuff as well but always reach for these. I recently killed the impact driver - likely because I had used it way beyond its limits on automotive and power sports repairs (it still works but slips when against big resistance).

To those questioning vs Milwaukee - that is what I replaced it with. Both an impact driver and one of the 12v fuel impacts. The way I was using the Bosch impact driver I was just going to kill it again and the Milwaukee has been a great upgrade but totally different price points.
Feb 18, 2013
119 posts
36 upvotes
Edmonton
Sephora wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 12:38 pm
Lowe's is now having a "save the tax" event on tools and other things, so the price when added to cart is $114.16. Not sure if you can stack with other promotions!
Thanks, just got it from lowe's with code SCRATCH , $104.12 all in. (From AB)
Mar 16, 2008
32 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Combine save the tax and scratch and save at Lowe’s for $112 all in for this set? Yes please. Thanks OP.
Aug 5, 2009
78 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
Picked this up online with the scratch $15 off. Apparently there's a bug on the website causing the tax discount to not apply. I messaged their chat and they applied the discount after the order was placed.
Jun 6, 2016
14 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for everyone's advice. I managed to grab a new Milwaukee M12 Fuel brushless combo kit of drill/driver and impact driver (2598-22) on Kijiji for $200. Pretty decent deal I think, no tax!