Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

BOSCH GSB18V-490B12 18V EC Brushless 1/2 in. Hammer Drill/Driver Kit with (1) 2.0 Ah Slimpack Battery - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2022 1:16 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2012
1741 posts
574 upvotes
YKF

[Amazon.ca] BOSCH GSB18V-490B12 18V EC Brushless 1/2 in. Hammer Drill/Driver Kit with (1) 2.0 Ah Slimpack Battery - $79.99

New all time low on this Bosch brushless drill. Ships in a few weeks but available to order as of this post. Previous ATL was $99.99.

EDIT: Deal dead for now but this item has been fluctuating (dropping) in price over the last few weeks. If you missed it, recommend putting a price alert on 3 camels and/or adding the item to your Amazon wish list and manually periodically checking. Good chance it will drop again, at least to the $99 mark.
Last edited by AtticusFinch on Aug 17th, 2022 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
Darn, just bought this for $99 2 weeks ago, but no price adjustment and return cost $18 shipping.
Jul 16, 2006
282 posts
63 upvotes
switched from ryobi to bosch 3 years back and it's been night and day through some reno work over the years. batteries are _actually_ reliable and don't die in the cold, even after months.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2021
1021 posts
2133 upvotes
nhl1011 wrote: I am still debating between this and (GEN3) Milwaukee Tool M12 FUEL Hammer Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit w/(2) Batteries $249
Btw I have 3 Bosch batteries from previous drill…
Someone please help!

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-de ... #p36395889
If you only need a single drill as a light user, then buy this.

If you think you may need an impact driver for other tasks and use drills a moderate amount around home, the M12 due to its small size and weight but still enough power for home use.

Considering that you already have 3 Bosch batteries, may be the Bosch is a better choice for you.

I bought the Milwaukee kit because I like the M12 fuel form factor and it has more than enough power for all my uses. For drills I keep the M12 fuel, for other tools I look into a different entire line up like ridgid / dewalt etc. Again it’s heavily YMMV based on your needs and use cases.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
Interesting model, I thought it was their newest budget entry level drill given it's weak power, but apparently in UK it comes in premium pack with 3x 4.0 core batteries. Confused on where in the lineup this is suppose to sit.
Last edited by jzmtl on Aug 16th, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 29, 2014
541 posts
196 upvotes
Glad I picked 2 of these up for $99. Really nice drills.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18998 upvotes
Weird all of a sudden it's showing up as $79.99 for me now too, so I guess deal is still on.
jzmtl wrote: Interesting model, I thought it was their newest budget entry level drill given it's weak power, but apparently in UK it comes in premium pack with 3x 4.0 core batteries. Confused on where in the lineup this is suppose to sit.
It's not really that weak--almost 500in*lb and 22,000bpm--that's fairly similar to say Ryobi's compact HP hammer and Ridgid's SubCompact hammer drils.

Since it hasn't got a handle it's clearly not meant for heavy duty use, but I'm not that familiar with Bosch's lineup or what goes above/below it. But for $80 seems a great deal for a hammer drill kit in this class.
Nov 23, 2010
79 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
darknebulae wrote: If you only need a single drill as a light user, then buy this.

If you think you may need an impact driver for other tasks and use drills a moderate amount around home, the M12 due to its small size and weight but still enough power for home use.

Considering that you already have 3 Bosch batteries, may be the Bosch is a better choice for you.

I bought the Milwaukee kit because I like the M12 fuel form factor and it has more than enough power for all my uses. For drills I keep the M12 fuel, for other tools I look into a different entire line up like ridgid / dewalt etc. Again it’s heavily YMMV based on your needs and use cases.
Thanks a lot for your input. :)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18998 upvotes
nhl1011 wrote: I am still debating between this and (GEN3) Milwaukee Tool M12 FUEL Hammer Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit w/(2) Batteries $249
Btw I have 3 Bosch batteries from previous drill…
Someone please help!

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-de ... #p36395889
I'd definitely buy this Bosch at this price--drill will be better than the M12 drill although not as compact. Plus if you have more Bosch batteries, it's a no brainer. You'll have to get an impact driver separately if you want one of those too, of course; but pretty sure you'll be under the M12 kit price.

Only reason to go M12 would be if you want to get into more M12 stuff; otherwise, I'd stick with the Bosch 18V.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
ES_Revenge wrote: Weird all of a sudden it's showing up as $79.99 for me now too, so I guess deal is still on.

It's not really that weak--almost 500in*lb and 22,000bpm--that's fairly similar to say Ryobi's compact HP hammer and Ridgid's SubCompact hammer drils.

Since it hasn't got a handle it's clearly not meant for heavy duty use, but I'm not that familiar with Bosch's lineup or what goes above/below it. But for $80 seems a great deal for a hammer drill kit in this class.
I'm pretty sure this is the weakest brushless they have. Their top model has almost three times the torque.

But yeah, for the price, who cares lol.
Oct 26, 2019
64 posts
132 upvotes
Thanks OP got one @ $79.99 ($89.59 including taxes) really good price including battery and charger.
Nov 23, 2010
79 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for all the inputs, btw it shows deal is dead when I use browser, but still shows 79.99 when I use app. Just fyi.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)