Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones - Black/Silver - $216

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 9:35 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
2492 posts
1120 upvotes
dealseaker101 wrote: I was hoping for a coupon on the Sony XM3s, oh well.
Sony doesn’t want to sell XM3s less than $250ish .. That’s why they rose the price for XM4
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14615 posts
8726 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Crichtonfan wrote: Most reviews from some sites and user reviews seem to say the sound is pretty dead with some stating it's pretty neutral. Places like rtings also show the better audio response on the xm3.

BUT, that is not much of a concern for me as these are not supposed to be audiophile devices. Also it was just an observation on the reviews, personally I think either is ok for sound quality from limited testing a few months back.

These are supposed to reduce noise while I am working and perhaps listening to music with little distraction which either seems to do well. I am just wondering if the XM3s are really worth the extra $83 for the small sound improvement, access to codecs such as aptX, allegedly better ANC etc.

A lot of reviews are very black and white which is also annoying. For example mics on both are not great which is fine to me as I'll just use my PC mic. Some people say the XM3s are uncomfortable and several notches below the QC35 which is a big difference while some say they are comparable. Well let's say I am not buying either for a 14 hr flight but for a 4 hr session, then how comparable are they.

Similarly people will say ANC on Sony is miles better but exactly how many miles is that :). Is it really miles better? Or is it a small difference?
Spent an hour with wife's XM3, they do sound less neutral and have more bass. Started to feel uncomfortable around the ears, went back to my 700's. My old QC35's are even more comfortable because the ear pads are softer, the top of the headband is velour-like and the clampforce is more giving being separate parts. The 700's are a single piece headband and have a stiffer vinyl on top of the head but are easily worn for hours. Just my personal experience, YMMV on user comfort. Interesting mic test comparison above.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1851 posts
3553 upvotes
Ontario
Lay in bed last night hovering over the buy button on these. Decided not to since I already have two of the first series QC35s, and never use them.

Already spent so much this season, and we're not even "pre Black Friday" yet...

Great price though.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10014 posts
4981 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hot if $150 - mikka2017
Telus $45 25GB
Apr 10, 2015
163 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boobermonkey wrote: I bought these on Prime Day and I was able to get a refund equal to the coupon amount + tax.

The trick is to call customer service on the phone rather than trying to do this over online chat. The online chat techs said they didn't have the option to do this but the person on the phone was able to do this somehow.
Yes, I got transferred like 10 times with the online chat, and it just kept going on, seems like no one knows what happened.
Last edited by FrostyDay on Nov 1st, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 22, 2019
93 posts
43 upvotes
I ordered the silver one eariler today and it also got delivered today! Thank you OP for showing this deal :)
Feb 15, 2011
130 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Clee wrote: I'm going with the QC35 since I don't care about call quality. I'm pretty sure it will be already better than the mic on our shitty laptops. Boss will have to buy me a better pair if he really cares about my beautiful voice.
FYI. With computers, most "bluetooth headphones/earphones" will only allow mic and headphone to be used at the same time in "headset" mode (this sounds extremely bad).
This is apparently the limitation of bluetooth.
So you can

1) Use QC35 as headphone and use laptop mic (TBH, laptop crap mic will provide clear enough voices)
2) Use QC35 as headphone and buy a mic
3) Use QC35 in headset mode and suffer
4) Buy wireless gaming headset which connects by 2.4ghz dongle. These won't be great sound but will provide good enough sound and mic.
5) Use QC35 in wired mode when you need the mic
Penalty Box
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1583 upvotes
Tee . Oh
knoxyouout wrote: and apt x low latency
I would assume aptX low latency would be a much better codec though.

Here's an article I found comparing the two headphones:
https://www.soundguys.com/bose-quietcom ... -ii-40547/
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2074 posts
678 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Bose 700 is not as comfortable as qc35?
I’m wearing the 700s now, and I regret selling my QC35 II’s for it. I was able to literally fall asleep with the QC35s on.
Dec 29, 2017
291 posts
216 upvotes
Don't see any coupons. Price CDN$ 269.00
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1553 posts
465 upvotes
Vancouver
So get this or the Sony xm3? Damn it's tempting. And I just got my Sony wh1000 xm3... Ahhh decisions. Buy both and see and return one?
Last edited by pentexplorer on Nov 1st, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1977 posts
846 upvotes
Antarctica
I still see the coupon on the black one.

As for pxc 550 or other headsets like mk2, it seems you have to see if the trade off between comfort / sound quality is enough. Personally I need these for working in peace and also dont mind if they sound neutral as long as they are as comfortable as claimed. We will see. Everyone has different requirements though.

I wish the xm3 were $225-240 then I would get those. At $299 vs $216, I am happy with buying these as long as they live up to guarded expectations.

How are people getting these already? It showed me that it would be arriving in 2 days and hasn't shipped yet (ordered yesterday).
Last edited by Crichtonfan on Nov 1st, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.