Apr 5, 2006
408 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Bowers & Wilkins PX5 On Ear ANC Headphones $199.97

Bowers and Wilkins PX5 Noise Cancelation Headphones - $200
These are On Ear so they might not be as comfortable as Over Ear

Review
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 18th, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
19 replies
Jan 22, 2015
86 posts
38 upvotes
British Columbia
I have these. If you can get over wearing over the head earphones at the gym, it's the best set of headphones you'll ever buy. Week long battery life for me, sound cancelling is fantastic, and unlike earbuds they actually stay in your ear. Best set of headphones I've ever owned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photographer. Roomate. Son. Photographer.
Jul 23, 2011
518 posts
1122 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought refurb p7s last year off a Rfd deal last year for around $150.

One of my favourite purchases ever.

Over ear over anything else.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1013 posts
834 upvotes
B&W are the best, get the P5 Wireless if you can find them tho they are scarce now and hard to find stock
Jul 13, 2006
350 posts
130 upvotes
Calgary
I got a pair as a gift for my job anniversary.

The sound is fantastic, noise cancellation is good, I especially enjoy it for movie watching, the clarity of the headphone is amazing for voice. But they are brutal on my ears.
Jun 17, 2018
124 posts
237 upvotes
These are bigger than what I think of when I think of on ear headphones. When I think of on ear headphones, I am thinking of the likes of Panasonic RP-HT21 or Bose SoundLink On-Ear headphones:
https://www.amazon.ca/Panasonic-RP-HT21 ... B00004T8R2
https://www.amazon.ca/SoundLink-Bluetoo ... B074QRK6CG

These look like they have bigger ear cups and are somewhere in between on ear and over ear, like the similarly ambiguous Sony WH-H800/B Wireless headphones which are described as on ear in some places and over ear in other places, even within the same page:
https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-WH-H800-Wire ... B074W5BKPS
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4588 posts
1834 upvotes
Ancaster
EricD707 wrote: I have these. If you can get over wearing over the head earphones at the gym, it's the best set of headphones you'll ever buy. Week long battery life for me, sound cancelling is fantastic, and unlike earbuds they actually stay in your ear. Best set of headphones I've ever owned.
Nah. Build quality is excellent on the B&Ws, but the the Sony WH-1000XM3s are better on the acoustic, sound cancellation and comfort front. They're a steal right now at $250.
Jan 24, 2009
970 posts
587 upvotes
Montreal
I bought the PX in February for $219. P7 drivers as opposed to P5 drivers. One of my best audio purchases ever. Adjustable noise cancellation and phenomenal battery life.

PX5 has APTX which might compensate for the smaller P5 drivers but if you can find a deal on the PX and can live with AAC (for me Apple music better audio quality than Spotify over Bluetooth, no transcoding).
Aug 17, 2012
40 posts
92 upvotes
Wow. Unreal price on these - I posted a link to these awhile ago when they were at the previous all time low of ~$290!

I ordered these originally, but ended up returning them and going with the PX7 when they came down to about $450. I definitely wouldn't say the PX7 sound more than 2x better than the PX5, but fair warning to those with above-average head size: the clamping force on the PX5 is considerable, and you'll probably find that your ears can't take the pressure from the on-ear design for more than about an hour at a time.

All the same though, $199 is an incredible price for the PX5. Highly recommend, build and sound quality are second to none!
Nov 5, 2014
200 posts
62 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Nah. Build quality is excellent on the B&Ws, but the the Sony WH-1000XM3s are better on the acoustic, sound cancellation and comfort front. They're a steal right now at $250.
Where can I get the xm3 for 250? I have the qc35ii and would like to try the sony for $50 more.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4588 posts
1834 upvotes
Ancaster
Bosschiefamomaster wrote: Where can I get the xm3 for 250? I have the qc35ii and would like to try the sony for $50 more.
There was a thread on the deal last week. I am not sure if it is still on offer
Feb 26, 2016
4 posts
Anyone have opinions on PX5 @$200 vs Sony XM3 @$300? Mostly for home use and occasional flights. I have a pair of Grados that I quite enjoy and mostly listen to indie / rock, so not super bass heavy. I think sound quality for me is most important, but comfort is also also up there. I don't care too much about ANC since I'll mostly be using at home.

For those in Toronto, the Staples at 250 Front St. E has one pair of Sony XM3 @$300 in stock as of around 7pm tonight. You just have to ask someone to check in the back. That was the best price I saw not including the ebay posts.