Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Bowflex BodyTower - $169.00

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 12:27 am
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
292 posts
1279 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Bowflex BodyTower - $169.00

Pulled the trigger on this and it arrived - excellent build quality. Arms are adjustable, so you get a wide variety of options for exercises.

Matches lowest-ever CCC.

Another option, to save a few dollars for a competing brand:

[removed]

The Weider Tower is slightly taller (extra half-foot), so may be an option if you are taller. That said, it is much less adaptable to the Bowflex and there are fewer options for exercises and customizability.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 10th, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/OP, you can add a clean link to the other one (yours had a Camelx affiliate tag)
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6854 posts
2593 upvotes
Meh, over priced for what it is. The Weider one is cheaper. Can probably find a used one on Kijiji for half that as well. ** or not, I just looked.
But the main thing you're doing with this is pull ups, I'd just buy a door pull up bar for $20-$30.
Jun 15, 2019
786 posts
628 upvotes
Off topic but I’m looking for kettlebells, joe Rogan and pavel got me interested, anyone know cheapest place in Toronto or online
Aug 26, 2008
184 posts
350 upvotes
Oakville
I agree with @baz5, buying separate a pull-up bar & dipping station is cheaper.
Jun 24, 2017
156 posts
165 upvotes
Eh still in the market for it. Door Pullup bars have messed up my door frames and the dip station would be nice.

Anybody have experience with this model tho?
Sep 18, 2017
821 posts
1322 upvotes
Vancouver
Dudeydudee wrote: Eh still in the market for it. Door Pullup bars have messed up my door frames and the dip station would be nice.

Do you not have a sofa or any chairs at home? You can easily do dips with those
Jun 26, 2019
345 posts
837 upvotes
Strandednomad wrote: Off topic but I’m looking for kettlebells, joe Rogan and pavel got me interested, anyone know cheapest place in Toronto or online
Check Kijiji comrade
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
292 posts
1279 upvotes
Chaindrop wrote: I agree with @baz5, buying separate a pull-up bar & dipping station is cheaper.
I agree with you too.

Buying none would be cheaper also.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
292 posts
1279 upvotes
Dudeydudee wrote: Eh still in the market for it. Door Pullup bars have messed up my door frames and the dip station would be nice.

I got it.

It's bullet proof, and damn sturdy. It's a bit on the short side, meaning I have to tuck for pull-ups (I am 5"11') otherwise my feet will touch the ground well before I get to full extension. That said, the shorter height also allows it to work for indoors. It also offers varied pull up grips, arms are adjustable to get the height right for dips or to do a variety of other exercises including deficit push-ups, tricep dips, pike/handstand presses, among many others. The TRX-style nylon handles are wicked as well for introducing some additional control and the cradle for your arms facilitates core-focused movements.

The adjustable arms is way more sweet than I was expecting. You can just dial it in for your height (my GF shares, she can lower for herself and also get it set up to do negatives). It also allows you to do many other movements.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1151 posts
929 upvotes
WCDave wrote: I agree with you too.

Buying none would be cheaper also.
I've got a squat/bench rack with olympic plates and this is the only other piece of equipment I'd consider sacrificing space in my house for (I also have a gym membership). Good for leg raises and a few other workouts as well

I'm interested to see what the price on other product names for this would be since the post above mentioned another brand. These aren't always easy to find on Kijiji.. I've tried. Plus try dealing with random people on Kijiji. Most people waste your time or don't want to be reasonable on pricing for used stuff
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
292 posts
1279 upvotes
Jordanferras wrote: I've got a squat/bench rack with olympic plates and this is the only other piece of equipment I'd consider sacrificing space in my house for (I also have a gym membership). Good for leg raises and a few other workouts as well

I'm interested to see what the price on other product names for this would be since the post above mentioned another brand. These aren't always easy to find on Kijiji.. I've tried. Plus try dealing with random people on Kijiji. Most people waste your time or don't want to be reasonable on pricing for used stuff
I'm jealous. Squat rack and a bench is your bread and butter of strength movements - you've got a good set up. If I were you, I wouldn't get this unit but try rings, if you have a bar to hang them off the squat rack. Will save money, and most importantly , space. And damn, rings are versatile.

The other one in the OP is this guy. Don't know if I would recommend it over a few dollars savings, but it is an option.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2596 posts
1334 upvotes
ON
when doing pull-up, do you need to bend you knees/legs? The height is 77"

WCDave wrote: Pulled the trigger on this and it arrived - excellent build quality. Arms are adjustable, so you get a wide variety of options for exercises.

Matches lowest-ever CCC.

Another option, to save a few dollars for a competing brand:

https://www.amazon.ca/Weider-WEBE99712- ... B0098MAYNY

The Weider Tower is slightly taller (extra half-foot), so may be an option if you are taller. That said, it is much less adaptable to the Bowflex and there are fewer options for exercises and customizability.
Jul 28, 2010
821 posts
531 upvotes
Strandednomad wrote: Off topic but I’m looking for kettlebells, joe Rogan and pavel got me interested, anyone know cheapest place in Toronto or online
Fitness depot
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
292 posts
1279 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: when doing pull-up, do you need to bend you knees/legs? The height is 77"
Yup, I have to tuck in. I wouldn't recommend this if you're over 6'.
Banned
Feb 6, 2020
44 posts
4 upvotes
Bought this to work out at home when I can't get to the gym.
Aug 7, 2008
466 posts
174 upvotes
Thanks. Ordered 1. Some mixed reviews on this but I have other bowflex stuff and it's all been good quality so I figured it's worth a try.
Feb 17, 2017
85 posts
29 upvotes
I have this, it’s great. Very sturdy... I wanted it mostly for the pull ups but also use it for dips and other core exercises.
Jun 11, 2018
37 posts
29 upvotes
baz5 wrote: Meh, over priced for what it is. The Weider one is cheaper. Can probably find a used one on Kijiji for half that as well. ** or not, I just looked.
But the main thing you're doing with this is pull ups, I'd just buy a door pull up bar for $20-$30.
I find the door ones are clumsy and can leave marks. This with the dip bars is a good piece of equipment. There's a used one in my area on classifieds for $100.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6447 posts
1292 upvotes
Ontario
Ordered one as well, thanks OP and thanked.

Delivery may be in April but at this price I can wait.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)