Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Dumbbell pair - $400

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2022 12:50 pm
Thread Summary
If you're looking for a space saver option, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best adjustable dumbbells!
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5096 posts
6853 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Was hoping these were the 1090's
Feb 13, 2018
12 posts
15 upvotes
I would advise against these. Look into PowerBlocks.
Jul 31, 2018
155 posts
116 upvotes
I've been eyeing on getting replacement units for my old weights wih these adjustable ones.. After doing some homework, I ended up getting a set of "Competitor to Bowflex.."

Bowflex or competitors.. they're apparently built of similar quality. One isn't any better than other..

I ended up getting a "Competitor to Bowflex.." from this local shop with free delivery to door.
https://www.novalook.ca/dumbbells

Found another guy within GTA to be cheaper..
https://shoptnr.com/Shop/products.php?p ... -dumbbells
Aug 29, 2020
50 posts
127 upvotes
This is NOT a hot deal. It’s the same price on the bowflex website and on Best Buy, and if you purchase through those sites you get the 1 year free membership with JRNY.
Last edited by alexkablooey on Dec 29th, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 13, 2018
12 posts
15 upvotes
This video gives a great breakdown of the different brands.

I have the PowerBlock Sport EXP Set 1-3 which range from 5 to 90 pounds. AMA.
Nov 12, 2017
853 posts
1008 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: Why?
I think his wording is bit extreme. The biggest difference between the two is that the fundamental structure of the dumbbell on the Powerblock is adjustable while the Bowflex is not. As a result, you're carrying excess space on the latter. The Powerblock is also much more expensive so a way to justify the price gap is to think that you're paying extra for that adjustability. And then ask yourself whether that's worth the price.
The way they 'advised against the Bowflex' makes it seem that the Bowflex is a bad product. It's not a bad product, it's a great product. The Powerblock does the same thing (meaning its also great) and offers better quality of life at a higher price.
Jul 31, 2018
155 posts
116 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Was hoping these were the 1090's
I purchased the 1090 from a competitor and found these adjustable units to be bulky and awkward for certain exercises and movements..
Don't think it'll be a replacement of the old tried and true plates and may complement my old set. Was really hoping to save some basement space.
Oct 17, 2020
73 posts
421 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: Why?
A lot of people don't like the bowflex because (a) they're not expandable; and b) they're a little awkward in shape. Both valid points, but for the price point they're a good value IMO. The awkward shape just takes some getting used to and slightly limits range of motion on certain exercises. The power blocks are more compact and don't have this issue. I've had my bowflex for about a year and love them, but I have outgrown them for press, rows, etc. and should have just shelled for the 1090s. They're still great to have for smaller, accessory exercises. They're convenient, space-saving and good quality.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1458 posts
3283 upvotes
Canada
Not proud of the price I paid for these during the lockdown months, but idk what others are saying....I love them lol. I regret the price I paid, but they're great products
Live a little
Jul 31, 2018
155 posts
116 upvotes
Leafsfan34 wrote: A lot of people don't like the bowflex because (a) they're not expandable; and b) they're a little awkward in shape. Both valid points, but for the price point they're a good value IMO. The awkward shape just takes some getting used to and slightly limits range of motion on certain exercises. The power blocks are more compact and don't have this issue. I've had my bowflex for about a year and love them, but I have outgrown them for press, rows, etc. and should have just shelled for the 1090s. They're still great to have for smaller, accessory exercises. They're convenient, space-saving and good quality.
++
Totally agreed... As an owner, I found them insanely awkward on certain exercises.. Guess I'll have to get use to them. Will see how long it last before I replace them with something else..
Nov 17, 2007
462 posts
1563 upvotes
Canada
SteveWC wrote: I've been eyeing on getting replacement units for my old weights wih these adjustable ones.. After doing some homework, I ended up getting a set of "Competitor to Bowflex.."

Bowflex or competitors.. they're apparently built of similar quality. One isn't any better than other..

I ended up getting a "Competitor to Bowflex.." from this local shop with free delivery to door.
https://www.novalook.ca/dumbbells

Found another guy within GTA to be cheaper..
https://shoptnr.com/Shop/products.php?p ... -dumbbells
Any experience with 'guy within GTA'? I sure like the price...
Came for the deals...stayed...for the deals.
Aug 24, 2018
787 posts
1061 upvotes
Langley BC
We purchased a pair of bowflex like ones on Amazon a few months ago for $273 delivered to our home (we didn't get charged pst only GST and they arrived in 4 days). So far they have worked great with no complaints.
Don..
Jul 31, 2018
155 posts
116 upvotes
AA7HBS wrote: Any experience with 'guy within GTA'? I sure like the price...
As a RFD'er... we always strive to get the best price and just stumbled onto that reseller. No experience with him and not sure if too good to be true/real or mess of getting a lemon bad batch. Makes you wonder why so low$$.
The ones I got from Novalook is pretty solid and working well. I'm just struggling to get use to the awkward bulkiness..

Appears Bowflex doesn't make the best quality in these adjustable weights and doesn't last forever.. Appears one has to hack and fix as needed.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9689 posts
2706 upvotes
Toronto
SteveWC wrote: As a RFD'er... we always strive to get the best price and just stumbled onto that reseller. No experience with him and not sure if too good to be true/real or mess of getting a lemon bad batch. Makes you wonder why so low$$.
The ones I got from Novalook is pretty solid and working well. I'm just struggling to get use to the awkward bulkiness..

Appears Bowflex doesn't make the best quality in these adjustable weights and doesn't last forever.. Appears one has to hack and fix as needed.
I think the locking disc breaking is more likely than the weight clips breaking.
Jul 31, 2018
155 posts
116 upvotes
JCCRFD wrote: I think the locking disc breaking is more likely than the weight clips breaking.
Yeah.. just don't drop your Bowflex weights and/or toss them around like your traditional plates.
Once those tabs or clip breaks... it will be costly to your wallet and potential painful to your workout. LOL.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1106 posts
1660 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Was hoping these were the 1090's
Wishful thinking. With the ongoing covid issues, the price for the 1090s are gonna stay around $900-1,000 for quite a while imo.
Atleast, we are seeing more deals on the 552s unlike when they were staying around $500-600 range
Dec 7, 2020
259 posts
128 upvotes
Jackji wrote: Not proud of the price I paid for these during the lockdown months, but idk what others are saying....I love them lol. I regret the price I paid, but they're great products
hey, you are not alone, if you regret the price you paid then i ultra-extremely-regretting what i paid

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)