Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

BQEYZ Summer IEM $137.87 All In (Summer Sale Dad Joke)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 12:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3428 posts
1167 upvotes
BC

[Amazon.ca] BQEYZ Summer IEM $137.87 All In (Summer Sale Dad Joke)

BQEYZ Summer https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08ZD5 ... LD2C&psc=1
Use coupon code K5A2AXOP

Why should you own this?
If you're using the lower end IEM's I've posted in that past like the KBEar KS1 Blon BL-03's & Tin T2+'s. This is the next step up from those IEM's. If you want to take the sound quality to the next level this is it.

What should you use them with?
These are now my favourite IEM's to use for late night gaming out of a controller like the PS4/PS5. Treble has a very detailed and realistic sound and bass is satisfying. Movies/TV out of an iPad are good too. No Dac/AMP required. You don't need the hassle of using dongle DACs.

What have I compared this to
I own the usual suspects in this price range, the Moondrop Aria, the ThieAudio Legacy 3, the Fiio FH3, the Ibasso IT01x, and too many above and below this price point. This is my favourite IEM at this price range.

What's different about them
These use 3 different drivers, a piezo electric, a dynamic driver and a balanced armature. My main issue with balanced armature IEM's is that they can come off as shouty. The piezo for the treble or the tuning of the balanced armature seems to solve this.

Who is this not for?
If you want wireless buds this is not for you! If you are going to use an expensive amp/dac/dap i.e. more than $300 in gear you could probably move up the IEM world and use a higher end set. I did try this with my more expensive gear, and they scale fine, but a lot of their performance can be coaxed out with low end gear.

Side note, cable quality is excellent. Fit is good and accessories are what should be expected in this price range for chi-fi (that is very good by western standards).

https://hiendportable.com/bqeyz-summer-english-review/
Last edited by Ren on Aug 26th, 2021 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5750 posts
3699 upvotes
West Vancouver
I know what you are thinking.

Here's the answer:

Its some earphones.
Apr 24, 2020
41 posts
143 upvotes
I'm looking to upgrade my IEM from KZ ZS10 Pro. Does this one worth it? And how does it compare with the Moondrop Starfield or the currently on sale Drop x JVC HA-FDX1?
Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3428 posts
1167 upvotes
BC
nmkbee wrote: I'm looking to upgrade my IEM from KZ ZS10 Pro. Does this one worth it? And how does it compare with the Moondrop Starfield or the currently on sale Drop x JVC HA-FDX1?
Thanks
I don’t own the Starfields, but I own the Arias. The Summers are more lively in the treble. This can provide you with a more in the room feeling when playing games or watching video. If you are very treble sensitive, (your not since you own and like kz’s) this could come off as slightly sibilant. I think they compliment each other well.

I think this is a good upgrade path if you like kz’s. Higher end kz’s tend to suck. Mostly you’ll gain better bass and speedier highs.

The piezo driver is speedy and detailed. If you like planar headphones or speakers you’ll like these.

My Drop x JVC carbons haven’t arrived yet so I can’t comment on that comparison. Damn you RFD!